Ban salt!

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Chefs Call Proposed New York Salt Ban 'Absurd'

FOXNews.com

Bill introduced by state assemblyman would ban the use of salt in New York restaurant cooking

Some New York City chefs and restaurant owners are taking aim at a bill introduced in the New York Legislature that, if passed, would ban the use of salt in restaurant cooking.

"No owner or operator of a restaurant in this state shall use salt in any form in the preparation of any food for consumption by customers of such restaurant, including food prepared to be consumed on the premises of such restaurant or off of such premises," the bill, A. 10129, states in part.

The legislation, which Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, D-Brooklyn, introduced on March 5, would fine restaurants $1,000 for each violation.

"The consumer needs to make their own health choices. Just as doctors and the occasional visit to a hospital can't truly control how a person chooses to maintain their health, neither can chefs nor the occasional visit to a restaurant," said Jeff Nathan, the executive chef and co-owner of Abigael's on Broadway. "Modifying trans fats and sodium intake needs to be home based for optimal health. Regulating restaurants will not solve this health issue."

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/...lt-ban-absurd/

should we take this with a grain of salt?

FOXNews.com

Bill introduced by state assemblyman would ban the use of salt in New York restaurant cooking

Some New York City chefs and restaurant owners are taking aim at a bill introduced in the New York Legislature that, if passed, would ban the use of salt in restaurant cooking.

"No owner or operator of a restaurant in this state shall use salt in any form in the preparation of any food for consumption by customers of such restaurant, including food prepared to be consumed on the premises of such restaurant or off of such premises," the bill, A. 10129, states in part.

The legislation, which Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, D-Brooklyn, introduced on March 5, would fine restaurants $1,000 for each violation.

"The consumer needs to make their own health choices. Just as doctors and the occasional visit to a hospital can't truly control how a person chooses to maintain their health, neither can chefs nor the occasional visit to a restaurant," said Jeff Nathan, the executive chef and co-owner of Abigael's on Broadway. "Modifying trans fats and sodium intake needs to be home based for optimal health. Regulating restaurants will not solve this health issue."

Nah. Give up your salt and your DNA. It's good for you.:cuckoo:

FOXNews.com

Sure, that's fine. But I'd like to add we also flog Ortiz and then treat his wounds with...salt!

No sugar, no salt, eat those chemical foods and enjoy New York.

No sugar, no salt, eat those chemical foods and enjoy New York.

soylent_green07.jpg

Liberals running amuck, dreaming up more and more stupid shit by the day, and then whine about "civil." Priceless. :lol:

I saw this ridiculous proposal earlier and knew NY chefs would have a hemmorhage.

You can't cook high-end food without salt. GET REAL PEOPLE.

Irony.

First read this article.
Unilever announces ?holistic? salt reduction strategy
Excerpt- Although salt is a vital nutrient and is necessary for the body to function, campaigners for salt reduction, like the Consensus Action on Salt and Health (CASH) consider the average daily salt consumption in the western world, between 10 and 12g, far too high.
Check out Consensus Action on Salt and Health

Now go watch The Money Masters.

i do so love conspiracists... they get two totally unrelated things. decide they both exist, so they MUST go together.
:cool:

Irony.

First read this article.
Excerpt- Although salt is a vital nutrient and is necessary for the body to function, campaigners for salt reduction, like the Consensus Action on Salt and Health (CASH) consider the average daily salt consumption in the western world, between 10 and 12g, far too high.

i do so love conspiracists... they get two totally unrelated things. decide they both exist, so they MUST go together.

How do you feel about the proposed salt ban?

I saw this ridiculous proposal earlier and knew NY chefs would have a hemmorhage.

You can't cook high-end food without salt. GET REAL PEOPLE.

you can't cook most food without salt, we need salt, our bodies require salt, "the salt of the earth' n all that. liberals are just plain DUmb.

Last edited:
shut up willow, you sound stupid.

i hate to break the news to you, but bloomberg isn't a "liberal". he's a former republican who's now an independent. and given that about 90% of the people polled in today's NY Daily News online poll think the idea of banning salt in restaurants is dumb as toast, I'm figuring the city council isn't voting for the silly measure any time soon.

now here's a cute furry creature to help calm your nerves.

Skeleton1.jpg

Irony.

First read this article.

They just may. Check on who backs CASH before you make a firm decision on whether they do belong together or not.

I'm waiting for the ban on tea. I hate tea. And beets. They can get rid of beets too. And turnips. I want a turnip free society.

New Topics

Forum List

Back