Ban Proms: Yea or Nea?

Public Schools Should Ban

• Total voters
Our prom is not publicly funded. The clubs do fundraisers and the community hosts the after prom. Tickets are expensive. For really poor kids there is a non profit educational foundation that will buy them tickets.

As for sports - isn't that the real reason for school? (Besides free lunch)? Lol

Our prom is not publicly funded. The clubs do fundraisers and the community hosts the after prom. Tickets are expensive. For really poor kids there is a non profit educational foundation that will buy them tickets.

As for sports - isn't that the real reason for school? (Besides free lunch)? Lol

I'd happily starve.

Cheerleaders are really the only reason for Public Education.

Oh and no one over 21. I'd must be shown BEFORE the ticket is purchased. Only inflatable sheep with valid drivers licenses permitted. That goes for squid as well. Lol

Hey........I'm housebroken and quite capable of being polite.

But.......since I'm 45, does this mean that I get 2 18 year olds and a 9 year old too?

Ha ha Nice try biker. There used to be no age limit until a 30 year old date showed up. It was kinda hard for the teachers to tell him "no smoking" and "lose the flask" Could you imagine? True story.

Proms are special. Its just too bad that some are over the top. It can cost 500 bucks easily.

Should Public Schools Sponsor "Proms" and other events that have (arguably) no educational objective?

What about "Band?" Does the public really need more tuba players?

What about Football? How many adults need to have played football, or basketball, or baseball in Public School to prepare them for College or a Vocation? Do these team sports somehow translate into better industrial teams?

And Last but not least: Cheerleaders? As much as it pains me to admit it, I really don't think the Public School really needs to train flexible nubile young girls in short skirts with skills of which are of dubious public use.:(

No, to bans you have mentioned.

Ha ha Nice try biker. There used to be no age limit until a 30 year old date showed up. It was kinda hard for the teachers to tell him "no smoking" and "lose the flask" Could you imagine? True story.

Proms are special. Its just too bad that some are over the top. It can cost 500 bucks easily.

Shit......I remember my prom back in '82. Cost me several hundred bucks AND I DROVE MY OWN FREAKING CAR!!!!!!

Bad thing was, Simms Montana isn't that big of a town, which is why I don't understand why it was so freaking expensive.

Okay......tell you what...........I'll stay away from your prom if you send me a 21 year old and a 25 year old who KNOW!

And.......they gotta be willing to participate in a 3 way.

The students pay for the prom around here.

Don't be a party pooper!

I hardly think puking at the Holiday Inn with the inflateable sheep is Not a partay.

As long as the students pay, then I guess its OK, but I think the school subsidizes it (Why else have it at school?).

i don't know about anyone else's school, but the prom for our local HS has been held off site for at least the past 40 years, and paid for by the students.

That is how it was at my high school, I know they have been at least doing that since my brother was in school in the late 80's. We started raising money for our Prom when we were freshman, and for a grad night we started our junior year. I don't believe the school paid one dime for either one of them, but Grad night was held at school which isn't always the case.

No public funding of anything other than Marching Band, Orchestra and Banjo, please.

Proms? Absolutely. With any luck perhaps our kids would learn some social graces instead of behaving like animals.

Granny, its been a while since you've been to a prom.

Latest in Fashion:

5881128_a51ae4fc46.jpg

Is this because one of your slaves is about to reach dating age and you think it's time to pull out the shotgun to protect her from those beastly boys? Hmmm?

If Queers are allowed into Proms, I may need to protect all the slaves from Beastly Boys.

Yes. It's been awhile ... and I can assure you my prom dress looked nothing like that one!

Forum List

Back