Ban Proms: Yea or Nea?

Public Schools Should Ban

• Total voters

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
Should Public Schools Sponsor "Proms" and other events that have (arguably) no educational objective?

What about "Band?" Does the public really need more tuba players?

What about Football? How many adults need to have played football, or basketball, or baseball in Public School to prepare them for College or a Vocation? Do these team sports somehow translate into better industrial teams?

And Last but not least: Cheerleaders? As much as it pains me to admit it, I really don't think the Public School really needs to train flexible nubile young girls in short skirts with skills of which are of dubious public use.:(

For you, Samson:

The Breakfast Club said:
Allison Reynolds: When you grow up, your heart dies.
John Bender: So, who cares?
Allison Reynolds: I care.

Polls like yours are the reason why the above quote resonated with us 25 years ago.

Don't make it true. Please. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Should Public Schools Sponsor "Proms" and other events that have (arguably) no educational objective?

What about Football? How many adults need to have played football, or basketball, or baseball in Public School to prepare them for College or a Vocation? Do these team sports somehow translate into better industrial teams?

And Last but not least: Cheerleaders? As much as it pains me to admit it, I really don't think the Public School really needs to train flexible nubile young girls in short skirts with skills of which are of dubious public use.:(

You are just jealous because public schools are not promoting octosexuality along with heterosexuality and homosexuality

You are just jealous because public schools are not promoting octosexuality along with heterosexuality and homosexuality

Damn Right!
:mad:

Proms? Absolutely. With any luck perhaps our kids would learn some social graces instead of behaving like animals.

Art and music should always be a part of a school curriculum because it can introduce our children to the many types of art forms and open a world to a general knowledge of music other than hip hop or rap. You never know when a general background knowledge of the finer things can keep your kid from putting himself in an embarrassing position around others.

I'm OK with sports - but it should always be contingent on good, high grades and real effort to obtain a good educational background so they have something to fall back on when the sports injuries permanently sideline them.

Cheerleaders? Why not? Somebody's got to help keep up school spirit!

Is this because one of your slaves is about to reach dating age and you think it's time to pull out the shotgun to protect her from those beastly boys? Hmmm?

todays youth act like savages

ban the prom, no more fuck, i mean sexing on the floor

what is wrong with todays kids

Proms? Absolutely. With any luck perhaps our kids would learn some social graces instead of behaving like animals.

Art and music should always be a part of a school curriculum because it can introduce our children to the many types of art forms and open a world to a general knowledge of music other than hip hop or rap. You never know when a general background knowledge of the finer things can keep your kid from putting himself in an embarrassing position around others.

I'm OK with sports - but it should always be contingent on good, high grades and real effort to obtain a good educational background so they have something to fall back on when the sports injuries permanently sideline them.

Cheerleaders? Why not? Somebody's got to help keep up school spirit!

Is this because one of your slaves is about to reach dating age and you think it's time to pull out the shotgun to protect her from those beastly boys? Hmmm?

I don't think schools need to bein the business of encouraging or enabling sexual activity between students.

Granny, its been a while since you've been to a prom.

Latest in Fashion:

5881128_a51ae4fc46.jpg

If Queers are allowed into Proms, I may need to protect all the slaves from Beastly Boys.

It's not 'The Prom' anymore, it's 'Prom'. I don't get that . . . .

Why ban it? The Prom was a fun time, who says it always has to be about learning something? Oh wait, at my prom I learned that if you drink too much you spend the entire night puking in the girl's bathroom . . . not me, Beth V.

Proms without rules? No. Proms with rules and booted if you break them? Yep.

Why ban it? The Prom was a fun time, who says it always has to be about learning something? Oh wait, at my prom I learned that if you drink too much you spend the entire night puking in the girl's bathroom . . . not me, Beth V.

Why ban it:

Public $$$

If you wanna spend the night puking in the girls bathroom with a lesbian girlfriend, or a inflateable sheep, or a Dildo named "Steve" then you can do it at the Holiday Inn.

Why ban it:

Public $$$

If you wanna spend the night puking in the girls bathroom with a lesbian girlfriend, or a inflateable sheep, or a Dildo named "Steve" then you can do it at the Holiday Inn.

The students pay for the prom around here.

Don't be a party pooper!

Why ban it:

Public $$$

Don't be a party pooper!

I hardly think puking at the Holiday Inn with the inflateable sheep is Not a partay.

As long as the students pay, then I guess its OK, but I think the school subsidizes it (Why else have it at school?).

(Why else have it at school?).
Because if it's not held at the school, the students will hold it at someone's older brother's frat house. Then dancefloor grinding will be the least of your problems.

Think jesus juice, nose candy, wacky weeds, and jailbait...

Why ban it:

Public $$$

Don't be a party pooper!

I hardly think puking at the Holiday Inn with the inflateable sheep is Not a partay.

As long as the students pay, then I guess its OK, but I think the school subsidizes it (Why else have it at school?).

i don't know about anyone else's school, but the prom for our local HS has been held off site for at least the past 40 years, and paid for by the students.

Why ban it:

Public $$$

Don't be a party pooper!

Ours isn't at the school, it's at the Holiday Inn. Mine wasn't at the school either.

What's with the inflatable sheep? Psssst, I wasn't the one puking at my prom that was Beth V.

Don't be a party pooper!

i don't know about anyone else's school, but the prom for our local HS has been held off site for at least the past 40 years, and paid for by the students.

red-little-house-250.jpg

Don't be a party pooper!

Ours isn't at the school, it's at the Holiday Inn. Mine wasn't at the school either.

What's with the inflatable sheep? Psssst, I wasn't the one puking at my prom that was Beth V.

"Inflateable sheep" = metaphore for anything high school students can imagine bringing to the prom as a "date" so they can excersise their 1st Amendment Right to "Free Expression" as defined by the ACLU.

As long as the students pay for it, and its not on school grounds, then Anything Goes (that's not criminal).

Forum List

Back