Ban Metal Bats?

Ban Metal Bats?

Why? What did they ever do to anybody?

151364.jpg

Sports can be dangerous.

What a revelation :rolleyes:

I say we build millions of padded rooms in the desert and place everyone in them so no one gets hurt by anything ever again.

I don't think they should have to ban them, but wood bats are better.. Plus it it cold, wood pants don't hurt your hands as much.
I have also got hit in the head (wearing a helmet), the hand, and a few other places with metal bat. I am sure wood would feel better. :lol:

Yeah, I would much rather be hit in the head with a wooden bat :lol:

The kid in the OP article was not hit with a bat. He was hit with a ball.

They should ban balls.

Better yet, why don't we just start having professional Wii sports leagues?

You can't get hurt playing with your Wii.

But you can get hurt wanting one, let's ban water

A twenty-eight year old Sacramento mother of three has died of water intoxication after taking part in a local radio competition to win a Wii console.

Gamasutra - News - Woman Killed In Wii-Related Competition

Red Rover, Red Rover, Let.....uh..wait..can't play THAT anymore either. Nevermind..

Now I understand...the California legislature is too busy studying the safety of baseball bats to deal with their fiscal insolvency and pending bankruptcy.

What do some of these lawmakers smoke in their off hours? They sit around and dream up this ridiculous nonsense laws, as if a ball hit by a wooden bat couldn't inflict a severe injury as well.

Metal bats are MORE dangerous than wooden bats. Do you understand concepts like "more" and "less" or is everything either 100% or 0% for you?

Hey why don't we just repeal rules requiring high school football players to wear pads? Football is still dangerous with pads! They don't make a difference. Its just the fucking gubment trying to intrude on their freedom!

Hey why don't we just repeal rules requiring high school football players to wear pads? Football is still dangerous with pads! They don't make a difference. Its just the fucking gubment trying to intrude on their freedom!
Better still, we can make state laws regulating every sport!

Golf balls can cause serious injury...only cloth balls should be allowed.

My thoughts exactly. In NJ every time a child is killed or injured some lawmaker tries to capitalize on it to get their frickin name in the paper. We have outlawed lawn darts and water filled yo yos and as I posted before now they want warning labels on furniture that can topple if little kids climb on them.

I sympathize with all these parents, but none of this will bring their kid back. Politicians exploiting dead children and grieving parents is beyond sleazy.

You guys are complete morons. The reason they are trying to ban them isn't because they just woke up one morning and decided to be asses. Its because metal bats result faster batted balls, which result in less reaction time for the pitcher, which results in a higher likelihood of injury to the pitcher. When people are dying unnecessarily playing a sport and that sport's governing body or bodies fail to rectify the situation, the People have a duty to act.

Last edited:
Sports can be dangerous.

What a revelation :rolleyes:

I say we build millions of padded rooms in the desert and place everyone in them so no one gets hurt by anything ever again.

Ever looked at what gai-jin's have done to martial arts? Might as well wear a freakin Sealy Posturpedic to class. Heaven forbid Lil Bobby get his eyelash bent.:cuckoo:

What do some of these lawmakers smoke in their off hours? They sit around and dream up this ridiculous nonsense laws, as if a ball hit by a wooden bat couldn't inflict a severe injury as well.

Metal bats are MORE dangerous than wooden bats. Do you understand concepts like "more" and "less" or is everything either 100% or 0% for you?

Fool. A Bat is a bat. The player got hit with a ball, not a bat. Pads are for pussies that can't hang.

Next?

My thoughts exactly. In NJ every time a child is killed or injured some lawmaker tries to capitalize on it to get their frickin name in the paper. We have outlawed lawn darts and water filled yo yos and as I posted before now they want warning labels on furniture that can topple if little kids climb on them.

I sympathize with all these parents, but none of this will bring their kid back. Politicians exploiting dead children and grieving parents is beyond sleazy.

You guys are complete morons. The reason they are trying to ban them isn't because they just woke up one morning and decided to be asses. Its because metal bats result faster batted balls, which result in less reaction time for the pitcher, which results in a higher likelihood of injury to the pitcher. When people are dying unnecessarily playing a sport and that sport's governing body or bodies fail to rectify the situation, the People have a duty to act.

Correct. Almost. They are trying to ban them because they spent countless thousands/millions of dollars studying the micro difference between metal and wood bats.:cuckoo:

You want to play ball? Suit up or slink home. If you play ball, you can get hurt. Wah. Half you wuss's wouldn't have survived the 60s. :eusa_whistle:

Fool. A Bat is a bat. The player got hit with a ball, not a bat. Pads are for pussies that can't hang.

Next?

Can you read at all or are you fucking blind?

You guys are complete morons. The reason they are trying to ban them isn't because they just woke up one morning and decided to be asses. Its because metal bats result in faster batted balls, which result in less reaction time for the pitcher, which results in a higher likelihood of injury to the pitcher. When people are dying unnecessarily playing a sport and that sport's governing body or bodies fail to rectify the situation, the People have a duty to act.

Since you're so interested in how Californians govern themselves, why don't you pick up your favorite metal bat and march over there and protest this grave injustice!

Next?

Can you read at all or are you fucking blind?

You guys are complete morons. The reason they are trying to ban them isn't because they just woke up one morning and decided to be asses. Its because metal bats result in faster batted balls, which result in less reaction time for the pitcher, which results in a higher likelihood of injury to the pitcher. When people are dying unnecessarily playing a sport and that sport's governing body or bodies fail to rectify the situation, the People have a duty to act.

Since you're so interested in how Californians govern themselves, why don't you pick up your favorite metal bat and march over there and protest this grave injustice!

I read fine. You obviously have missed that miniscule document titled "the US Constitution". If you can't run in the yard with the big dogs, stay under the fucking porch.

I'm about sick of walking twats like you trying to dumb down any and everything to the lowest common pussy denominator. If you can't hang, stay home hiding behind Mamma's skirt.

If you don't want to get hit with a bat or a ball, don't play. Any team I ever played on would be better off without a puss like you. We played a game and we played to win and if we got hurt we shrugged it off instead of acting like raspberries from sliding into second base was the fault of the ball field owner for not providing us cork to slide on.

You pansies need to get a clue.

Forum List

Back