Ban Knives and Nissans

Is it time to discuss banning knives and Nissans after madman stabs three to death, critically wounds two, runs down two pedestrians, killing one and injuring another.

The Gun Grabbers can't wait to take advantage of any tragedy...so where are you now?

Gelman's vicious slay spree caused a night of terror in southern Brooklyn last night as police mounted a massive manhunt for him after a rampage that allegedly included: stabbing his mother's boyfriend, ex-girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend's mom to death; carjacking and viciously stabbing a man who blocked his getaway car's escape; fatally running down a pedestrian as he sped away; attempting to carjack a livery cab after ditching his stolen car and then successfully carjacking and stabbing a man in a Nissan Maxima.

It also emerged today that shortly after killing his step father, he ran into a school crossing guard who had to be hospitalized.
Madman eyed in four slayings arrested after yet another stabbing: cops - m.NYPOST.com

Sensible People can Agree on Sensible Knife Regulations...

I can just go into a Whole Foods, buy some Tofu, and get a Knife or 2 and go Crazy...

No background check...

No seeing if I have any History of Mental Illness...

It's time we did something...

If it Saved only 1 Life, wouldn't Knife Bans be Worth it?

:)

peace...

I don't know where you live, but there are certain limits on edged weapons where i live

you are 20% more likely to be stabbed than shot in the US.....
That's not what you link says. It says that a stab wound is more likely to be fatal.

The top ten leading causes of law enforcement fatalities in the Unites States during the past century are:

1. Firearms [6,846 or 49 %]
2. Auto Accidents [2,090 or 15 %]
3. Motorcycle Accidents [1,022 or 7 %]
4. Struck by Vehicle [955 or 7 %]
5. Job-Related Illness [588 or 4 %]
6. Aircraft Accidents [311 or 2 %]
7. Stabbings [197 or 1 %]
8. Falls [147 or 1 %]
9. Drowning [142 or 1 %]
10. Beaten [134 or 1 %]

Clearly, cops shouldn't have cars, all automobiles should be illegal, and airplanes should be banned, if we accept your premise that 1% and 49% are basically the same

Keep reading JB...that's just for LE, the stats for the general public are further down the page.

you are 20% more likely to be stabbed than shot in the US.....
That's not what you link says. It says that a stab wound is more likely to be fatal.

The top ten leading causes of law enforcement fatalities in the Unites States during the past century are:

1. Firearms [6,846 or 49 %]
2. Auto Accidents [2,090 or 15 %]
3. Motorcycle Accidents [1,022 or 7 %]
4. Struck by Vehicle [955 or 7 %]
5. Job-Related Illness [588 or 4 %]
6. Aircraft Accidents [311 or 2 %]
7. Stabbings [197 or 1 %]
8. Falls [147 or 1 %]
9. Drowning [142 or 1 %]
10. Beaten [134 or 1 %]
Clearly, cops shouldn't have cars, all automobiles should be illegal, and airplanes should be banned, if we accept your premise that 1% and 49% are basically the same

Keep reading JB...that's just for LE, the stats for the general public are further down the page.

No, they're not. The page stops after the bit you seem to have twisted into saying something other than it does- as I already pointed out.

After that, there's just a 'close window' button.

No, they're not. The page stops after the bit you seem to have twisted into saying something other than it does- as I already pointed out.

You don't see the part that says ..."I have attempted to demonstrate that the knife is at least as dangerous as a firearm. That many officers don't recognize the potential threat the knife represents to them. The figures shown demonstrate that the knife [in inexperienced hands] clearly presents a major threat similar to the firearm.

I'll leave you with one last statistic to think about.
6 out of 10 gunshot victims die from sustained injuries 8 out of 10 knife attack victims die from sustained injuries.

You are 20 % more likely to die from a knife stab than from being shot in the Unites States. I don't want to experience either personally but if you feel you must please shoot me. I'll have a 20 % greater chance of surviving based on the reports submitted by police agencies to the FBI from across the U.S.

Individuals or organizations interested in obtaining real world training in defensive knife tactics may contact me through the links on this site. If you are in the market for a new folder or if this will be your first knife purchased with defense in mind please feel free to e-mail me with your requests." ...and then the link to the FBI/NBS ?

After that, there's just a 'close window' button.

I'd also like to point out that the listed stats by weapon type come to more than 100%. (No, I'm not adding in the personal weapons stat, just the firearms/knives/other weapons) :lol:

The link did seem to be about deaths of law enforcement officers only.

You don't see the part that says ..."I have attempted to demonstrate that the knife is at least as dangerous as a firearm. That many officers don't recognize the potential threat the knife represents to them. The figures shown demonstrate that the knife [in inexperienced hands] clearly presents a major threat similar to the firearm.

I'll leave you with one last statistic to think about.
6 out of 10 gunshot victims die from sustained injuries 8 out of 10 knife attack victims die from sustained injuries.

You are 20 % more likely to die from a knife stab than from being shot in the Unites States. I don't want to experience either personally but if you feel you must please shoot me. I'll have a 20 % greater chance of surviving based on the reports submitted by police agencies to the FBI from across the U.S.

Individuals or organizations interested in obtaining real world training in defensive knife tactics may contact me through the links on this site. If you are in the market for a new folder or if this will be your first knife purchased with defense in mind please feel free to e-mail me with your requests." ...and then the link to the FBI/NBS ?

What you just quoted and what you claimed earlier that it said are not the same thing.

You claimed you were more likely to be shot. You then quoted a passage that says a stab wound is more likely to be fatal than a gsw.

If you can't be bothered to read and comprehend your own links, I see no point wasting any more time on such a dimwitted moron.

New Topics

Forum List

Back