Bama fans - I will only say this once

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Congratulations. Last night you surely proved that Alabama was the best team in the nation in the 2011-2 college football season. I'm proud that LSU won the SEC West and the SEC Championship and you can't take that away from us - your kids may one day ask you why Bama doesn't have an SEC Championship trophy from 2011/12 - but in the end, you'll be able to point to the crystal football.

It was a great ride and I'm looking forward to next year. Most of LSU's players are returning (thankfully Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee will not), LSU's schedule is a LOT easier than it was this past year, and I really think a veteran LSU team with a chip on its shoulder is going to be something very dangerous.

Almost certainly the biggest game will again be Bama. The LSU/Bama rivalry under Miles v Saban (which stands at 3-3 now) is truly the best rivalry that college football offers.

Last edited:
Well said. As a Bama fan, I can honestly say I respect what LSU did this season. Afterall, despite last night, during the regular season the Tigers defeated the winners of 3 BCS bowl games.

Next year will be another epic battle!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Congratulations. Last night you surely proved that Alabama was the best team in the nation in the 2011-2 college football season. I'm proud that LSU won the SEC West and the SEC Championship and you can't take that away from us - your kids may one day ask you why Bama doesn't have an SEC Championship trophy from 2011/12 - but in the end, you'll be able to point to the crystal football.

It was a great ride and I'm looking forward to next year. Most of LSU's players are returning (thankfully Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee will not), LSU's schedule is a LOT easier than it was this past year, and I really think a veteran LSU team with a chip on its shoulder is going to be something very dangerous.

Almost certainly the biggest game will again be Bama. The LSU/Bama rivalry under Miles v Saban (which stands at 3-3 now) is truly the best rivalry that college football offers.

Very well stated! It's always refreshing to see good sportsmanship, humility, and maturity in the sports world!

Hat tip to your sense of sportsmanship, something missing in today's win at all cost sports world. It'll be interesting which team garners the 4th win in this see saw rivalry next Fall.

Hat tip to your sense of sportsmanship, something missing in today's win at all cost sports world. It'll be interesting which team garners the 4th win in this see saw rivalry next Fall.

Now that I've gotten good sportsmanship out of the way, I just want to point out a well known fact: Bama ALWAYS wins. When good players aren't enough, they've got refs, the fact that the SEC head office is 60 miles away, and fans crazy enough they will poison innocent oak trees. They own the SEC and will always win, even when they lose.

In this last game, admittedly, all they needed was the good players.

For an example of this not being the case, take a look at the 2009 game with LSU. Patrick Peterson intercepted the ball inbounds, as evidenced by the massive divot he left on the field - but the refs ruled him out. In the same game the refs would do things like march off 5 1/2 yards for Alabama when LSU got a 5 yard penalty.

Forum List

Back