Baltimore FOP blames Mosby for decades of corruption.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
In a classic example of projection the FOP of Baltimore has in effect blamed the DA Marilyn Mosby for the death of a police officer who was run over by a Jeep last week.

Baltimore FOP blames State's Attorney Mosby in death of police officer

It wasn’t Mosby who pushed the legislature for the LEOBR that makes it nearly impossible to discipline the corrupt cops for their abuses. That would be the FOP that struggles mightily to keep the corrupt and abusive cops on the job.

A brief look at how the Maryland Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights was passed

The same FOP president who wants to blame Mosby also argued against having civilians st in judgement of cops who were charged with wrongdoing.

Bill to put civilian on police trial boards unlikely to progress

The Legislature was considering a bill to amend the perks of the protected class of citizens and that was simply intolerable. The cops will not be held accountable except by other cops, if the Union can not find reasons to object.

Mosby didn’t have a damn thing to do with the decades of unconstitutional policies and procedures that eroded trust in the department. Mosby did not have anything to do with the failure of the cops to obey the law and hold corrupt cops accountable. That was the FOP who objected to every effort to bring the Baltimore police into even partial compliance with the law.

It wasn’t Mosby who violated the Constitution by arresting people for expressing displeasure with the police or were otherwise critical.

BPD violates the First Amendment by retaliating against individuals engaged in constitutionally protected activities. Officers frequently detain and arrest members of the public for engaging in speech the officers perceive to be critical or disrespectful. And BPD officers use force against members of the public who are engaging in protected speech. BPD has failed to provide officers with sufficient guidance and oversight regarding their interactions with individuals that implicate First Amendment protections, leading to the violations we observed.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download

BPD lacks meaningful accountability systems to deter misconduct. The Department does not consistently classify, investigate, adjudicate, and document complaints of misconduct according to its own policies and accepted law enforcement standards. Instead, we found that BPD personnel discourage complaints from being filed, misclassify complaints to minimize their apparent severity, and conduct little or no investigation. As a result, a resistance to accountability persists throughout much of BPD, and many officers are reluctant to report misconduct for fear that doing so is fruitless and may provoke retaliation. The Department also lacks adequate civilian oversight—its Civilian Review Board is hampered by inadequate resources, and the agency’s internal affairs and disciplinary process lacks transparency.

That wasn’t Mosby, that was all you FOP.

The biggest gang of thugs in Baltimore is the ones wearing badges.

If the fooe shits...

Reports are that officer Caprio fired two rounds at the Jeep as it sped towards her. Why did she set herself up to be run over? Why attack when defense would be a better choice?

Let’s say you are swinging a bat at me. I have several choices. I can duck and let the swing pass over me. I can jump back and let the swing pass harmlessly before me. I can close the distance and get inside the swing. The one thing I don’t have time to do is stand and begin an attack. There is nothing I can do that will prevent the bat from striking me if I am in range. The only thing I can do is be somewhere else when the bat reaches me.

When someone is trying to run you down, don’t be where the car is going to be. Get out of the way. Caprio stood where she was vulnerable, instead of doing any number of other alternatives. Keeping her car between them, and herself. Using her car to block the Jeep in, or limit it’s ability to one or two paths. Using mobility to avoid the vehicle. Instead she stood her ground, and fired at the driver.

Most windshields are angled, and are of sufficiently strong glass to cause at a minimum a serious deflection against a pistol cartridge. So firing into the car is not the best choice. The windshield is almost certainly going to cause enough deflection to miss the target entirely. Only in Hollywood does the bullet pierce the windshield and kill the baddie causing the car to stop.

Now, how is any of that Mosby’s fault? In 2002 the recognized expert in pedestrian safety was killed when she was hit by a bus while crossing the street. Transportation safety expert Stephens killed when hit by bus

Apparently this recognized expert had never heard of looking left, right, left before crossing, and forget crosswalks.

Officer Caprio is supposed to be an expert in policing. Yet, the common sense precautions of not standing where you can be run over were beyond her. Why? She was worried about being shot, and was trying to use the baddies car to keep an obstacle between herself, and the baddie. The only problem with that technique is that you forget the obstacle, is not fixed. The obstacle can move, and can kill you.

Caprio would have been better served by being patient, calm, and taking her time. Waiting for backup, keeping her car between herself, and the suspects in the Jeep. Even being prepared to shoot them as they exited the vehicle.

None of this is Mosby’s fault. And blaming Mosby for it does the worst possible thing you can. It sets up the next cop to die in exactly the same circumstances. By refusing to learn from mistakes, we insure the same mistakes are made over and over again. Only Law Enforcement are so sainted that we dare not question their choices, and explore the mistakes made, and the real changes needed to increase officer safety. Only when it’s a cop do we blame someone who was miles away, and not involved in the policy or procedures that either Caprio wasn’t trained in, or hadn’t been taught.

So what fool shits now?

Forum List

Back