Balancer is here

This is an introduction thread. Maybe you should start a general topic about your life instead of taking up space in intro section.

I did not want to start a new separate topic, so it was not considered any propaganda or spam :)

Which section, do you think is better suited for such a blog?

You've been 'introduced' for over 8 months.

Thread moved to General Discussion

2018-0625-1245-petrovka-38.jpg

Moscow, Petrovka, 38. One of those Moscow addresses that everyone in the USSR knew from childhood, as in Britain they know Baker Street 221B :) Previously, there was a Moscow Criminal Investigations Department ("MUR"), which very often figured in a detective movie. Now - the same thing, only under a different, more bureaucratic name.

In general, I am depressed in Russia by the growth of bureaucratization of names, mass bureaucratic style at every step. Even on the bus you go, social advertising - "... this can lead to the creation of an emergency sutuation!". As if they can not just say "can cause an accident".

I already wrote earlier in the topic (1, 2) that in the winter hung a feeder outside the window. Now the summer, the heat, the window is open, but the birds still arrive. Afraid, because they sit at arm's length from me, grab the feed and then fly away again :) I once started even taking pictures of them at point-blank range, but then stopped, all the pictures are the same :)

2018-0506-bird-feeder-IMG_2000.JPG

And the question is in English. I do not trust the electronic translator here. One such bird is a tit or titmouse. And if a lot of tit, then how? Is the interpreter stubbornly substituting - tits? :)

Last weekend I went to a friend's dacha. Drank beer with him :) Here he mows the grass in front of the dacha being built. By the way, it's funny that Google does not want to translate the word "dacha". How correctly to name a country house for summer holidays? Holiday cottage? Weekend house? Country cottage?

20180715_135518-001.jpg

For two weeks now I have been regularly cruising between my village and Kaliningrad. I'm preparing the finishing in a new apartment, which I bought last year. Therefore, foreign forums do not have time to write, mostly I write to my Russian-language Twitter and Telegram :) Although there are many interesting photos. All this time the weather was very hot on our street, to +30..32 °C (+86..90 °F). And this is at a humidity of 80-90%. Today the temperature has dropped to comfortable at +25 °C (+77 °F) and it rained. Photographed it from the balcony :)

IMG_3046.JPG
IMG_3045.JPG

Since I got here, here is another photo taken the other day. Closer to the political theme of the forum :) Periodically low overhead fly new Su-30SM. Train pilots. Looks beautiful, a pair of fighters sweeps in the sky as glued to each other, as one. I see these aircrafts here for the first time, apparently, the renewal of the aircraft fleet has reached these places. Before, only Su-24 bombers were flying and, rarely, Su-27 fighters.

IMG_3032.JPG

Every time I come to the Kaliningrad region from Moscow, I am amazed by the texture of the local sky :) In Moscow the sky is less expressive. It is usually either purely monotonic-blue, or covered with dense clouds. In Kaliningrad, the sky often has a very beautiful drawing. Here in this photo is my village after the rain. It was only a few hours after the strongest downpour, the pictures of which I posted above.

20180805_180456_HDR.jpg

Next year I plan with my family to relocate from Moscow to Kaliningrad. Therefore, now I have begun to pay more attention to things to which I have got used to for 28 years of life in Moscow and have not paid attention. I began to photograph more often the streets along which I am going home. In memory :) Sometimes something interesting happens.

Yesterday I walked from one district of Moscow to another, and on the way I photographed such an Orthodox church. By the way, this is a new building, was built last year. In general, I am against the aggressive expansion of the Orthodox presence, but I cannot fail to note the beauty of some decisions :)

IMG_20181002_160606.jpg

Next year I plan with my family to relocate from Moscow to Kaliningrad. Therefore, now I have begun to pay more attention to things to which I have got used to for 28 years of life in Moscow and have not paid attention. I began to photograph more often the streets along which I am going home. In memory :) Sometimes something interesting happens.

Yesterday I walked from one district of Moscow to another, and on the way I photographed such an Orthodox church. By the way, this is a new building, was built last year. In general, I am against the aggressive expansion of the Orthodox presence, but I cannot fail to note the beauty of some decisions :)

View attachment 219858

Hey, that's a nice photograph of the Church, Balancer. It's all in the angle, I always say.

Here in this photo is my village after the rain. It was only a few hours after the strongest downpour, the pictures of which I posted above.

View attachment 209994

You guys should get together and pull those weeds out of those pavers, Balancer. Eventually they'll take over and the roots will get so big that the pavers start going out of level. Then people will be tripping and falling all over the place. Don't you have homeowners associations over there? We have them here. They're like mini governments that tell you what you can and can't do with your house and your flowers and shrubs and your driveway and things like that. And you know what, now that I think about it, I pay them dues. Hm. It's a heck of a thing, isn't it?

Anyway. Yeah. Should get together and get on those weeds, man.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back