Balance the budget

ifitworks

Rookie
Apr 9, 2013
BALANCE THE BUDGET

Military spending was about $300 billion in 2001. Last year it was about $800 billion. The U.S. Department of Defense budget accounted in fiscal year 2010 for about 19% of the United States federal budgeted expenditures and 28% of estimated tax revenues. Including non-DOD expenditures, military spending was approximately 28–38% of budgeted expenditures and 42–57% of estimated tax revenues.

[The last thing Russia or China want is war. They have never had it so good. The jihadists have been slaughtering each other for 10,000 years. Help them do it again. They won’t have time to be concerned about us. Cut military spending to 2001 levels. The overhead in taxes burdens manufacturing lowering ability to compete and increasing trade deficit/job deficit. The 2012 defense budget is 6-7 times larger than the $106 billion of the military budget of China, and is more than the next twenty largest military spenders combined. Nineteen Saudi jihadists armed with box cutters have cost the United States trillions of dollars almost half the current deficit and crippled ability of the country to cope with current and future threats. The doubling of the price of oil has been described as the biggest income transfer in history. Probably the most effective military strategy in history. The increased cost of energy reduces the ability of manufacturing to compete increasing the jobs/trade deficit.

This is incredibly absurd. I'm often surprised that all those on these threads who so thoroughly oppose anything resembling co-operative social programs don't mind at all that so much treasure is heaped on this common cause (much to the profit of certain companies and individuals).

The U.S.S.R. went out of business largely because of an unsupportable percentage of G.D.P. wasted on 'defense' that was much more 'offensive' looking.

This is incredibly absurd. I'm often surprised that all those on these threads who so thoroughly oppose anything resembling co-operative social programs don't mind at all that so much treasure is heaped on this common cause (much to the profit of certain companies and individuals).

The U.S.S.R. went out of business largely because of an unsupportable percentage of G.D.P. wasted on 'defense' that was much more 'offensive' looking.

You ought not be so surprised that the DoD budget has a lot f defenders

Remember that the DoD budget pays a LOT of people salaries.

Hell it would not at all surprise me to learn that some of us here are paid by the DoD (directly or indirectly) to post in place like this.

You ought not be so surprised that the DoD budget has a lot f defenders

Remember that the DoD budget pays a LOT of people salaries.

Hell it would not at all surprise me to learn that some of us here are paid by the DoD (directly or indirectly) to post in place like this.

Whatever the source, I'm certain there are more than a few here who have something provided for their posts and insisting on the same ideas, ideologies, programs, companies and industries, parties, etc.

Let’s say we eliminate 100% of the defense budget. All of it. No money for vets, nothing for warships/aircraft, cancel the entire thing.

How much of a surplus do we now have?

Forum List

Back