Balance the Budget Using Romney/Ryan promises

Hey snipper, I have noticed a definite trend with you lately. Any time someone brings up a subject or topic that you have no good defense of, it all of a sudden become a "straw man".

Funny shit snipper. Funny shit.

Who argued that taxes can't be raised and yet we can experience economic growth?

It is fairly normal for the pols to raise taxes when things are going well, until they choke it off again.

Strawman Fail.

LOL

Did you ever hear of the business cycle?

1. A tax cut that is revenue neutral. Therefore you get no new revenue towards lowering the deficit from tax policy;

you only break even.

2. Increase defense spending. Therefore you ADD to the deficit, you don't lower it.

3. Take Medicare off the table for 10 years. That's the Romney/Ryan promise. Therefore you get no savings on Medicare spending.

4. Take Social Security off the table for 5 years. That's an estimate based on Romney's promise not to touch SS for anyone retired or near retirement. Therefore you get no savings from Social Security.

...with all that as pre-conditions,

Tell us how Romney/Ryan balance the budget.

By cutting funding for Big Bird and women's reproductive health services.

I don't see Big Bird and reproductive health services as being so critical we need to borrow money for funding.

Romney is proposing a different allocation of available funding and stop the borrowing.

How is he proposing to stop the borrowing? He hasn't offered a balance budget plan. You do realize that to stop borrowing we have to balance the budget, right?

Romney is proposing we cut taxes and cut spending but none of what he has offered posseses the mathematical abilty to become a balanced budget. Don't fool yourself.

It's like when you have a budget shortfall and pay the rent instead of going to the movies.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to someone who thinks womens' reproductive health is as trivial as going to the movies.

If I ran my house the same way you think government should be run - well, I wouldn't even have a house, because to get it my wife and I had to borrow 2 x's our annual salary - meaning we ran a deficit equal to our income in the year we bought it - and that should not ever be done, right?

Last edited:
1. A tax cut that is revenue neutral. Therefore you get no new revenue towards lowering the deficit from tax policy;

you only break even.

2. Increase defense spending. Therefore you ADD to the deficit, you don't lower it.

3. Take Medicare off the table for 10 years. That's the Romney/Ryan promise. Therefore you get no savings on Medicare spending.

4. Take Social Security off the table for 5 years. That's an estimate based on Romney's promise not to touch SS for anyone retired or near retirement. Therefore you get no savings from Social Security.

I don't see Big Bird and reproductive health services as being so critical we need to borrow money for funding.

Romney is proposing a different allocation of available funding and stop the borrowing. It's like when you have a budget shortfall and pay the rent instead of going to the movies.

Your share of the PBS funding is about 35 cents a year. If I send you a dollar, will you shut up about it for 3 years?

you only break even.

Buy your own condoms, loser.

Another Intelligent Reply from the GOP!

I don't believe Romney vetoed 800 bills while Governor. Gary Johnson vetoed around 750 bills in his two terms in New Mexico, and that was more than the other 49 Governors combined.

Did you consider taking 30 seconds to google it?

Romney As Governor: 800 Vetoes And One Big Deal : NPR

Oh I see the claim being made, but I still don't believe it.

OK, so I'll know better than to bother to prove something to you the next time.

Let's remember:

1. The conservative trickle down philosophy is that cutting taxes puts more money in the individuals' hands, and therefore will stimulate growth but

2. ...if you believe Romney's latest 'plan', he isn't cutting taxes, in the sense of putting more money in the hands of the taxpayer,

what he says he's doing now is just rearranging how we collect the money.

3. He cuts rates, which puts more money in your hands, but then he cuts deductions, etc.,

which takes the money back. Where's the conservative-style stimulus??

First we are told how bad both the debt and budget are. That scares us. But not to worry the politicians have an economic plan and the beauty of the plan is that it requires little effort or little sacrifice on the voter's part. The only requirement is a simple vote for the politician and bingo, problems solved.
Does this pie in the sky work, you bet. One need only look at how many times the budget has been balanced and the debt paid off to see how these plans work. What's Romney's plan, trickle-down, a return to America's values, a tax cut for the wealthy or what?

Of course! The material standard of living has shot thru the roof for poor and middle class since 1980 - both enjoying about a 50% increase.
Are you talking about the US middle class since 1980?

How about since 2000?

"U.S. multinationals cut their work forces in the U.S. by 2.9 million during the 2000s while increasing employment overseas by 2.4 million, according to the U.S.

"Commerce Department. U.S. corporations employed more than 21 million people in the U.S. and 10.3 million workers abroad in 2009.

"Blue-collar jobs are not the sole casualty of outsourcing. The McKinsey Global Institute predicts white-collar offshoring will increase at a rate of 30 percent to 40 percent over the next five years; those jobs could include 'back office' jobs such as accounting and payroll processing."

Outsourcing Is Good For America: Cato

First, concede you have failed in the argument, and that - in fact - Cato is correct in pointing out that the material well-being of Americans has increased in the 'last four decades' - contrary to your lefty meme.

Then we shall continue.

'Kay?
Sure...when you point out where Cato said "the material well-being of Americans" has increased in the last four decades.

Contrary to your conservative delusions.

Forum List

Back