Balance of Power in Senate Leans Republican

It would be best if Republicans took the Senate by a strong few and got more in the house... And Obama wins the GE.

Nothing gets done and Republicans act like conservatives. Give Reps a R President and R house/Senate and it will be as bad as when Obama had his super majority.

46 Republican
3 Leans Republican
5 Toss Up
7 Leans Democrat
39 Democrat

2012 Senate Balance of Power - Rasmussen Reports™

Republican Rick Berg has a nine-point lead in the North Dakota Senate race. Republican Connie Mack leads in the Florida Senate race.

I think no matter how you slice it, the GOP will not come out with the 60 seats in the Senate necessary to repeal ObamaCare outright.

They will have to use the same backhanded tactic of reconcilation used to pass ObamaCare to achieve a repeal.

46 Republican
3 Leans Republican
5 Toss Up
7 Leans Democrat
39 Democrat

Republican Rick Berg has a nine-point lead in the North Dakota Senate race. Republican Connie Mack leads in the Florida Senate race.

I think no matter how you slice it, the GOP will not come out with the 60 seats in the Senate necessary to repeal ObamaCare outright.

They will have to use the same backhanded tactic of reconcilation used to pass ObamaCare to achieve a repeal.

This is a tax issue so it will take 51 votes. that is my understanding.

Nope, not according to the SCOTUS ruling.

Obamacare is not going anywhere, but I imagine with a strong GOP House and a bare GOP majority in the Senate, that either Romney or Obama will go for some revision and reform.

46 Republican
3 Leans Republican
5 Toss Up
7 Leans Democrat
39 Democrat

ObamaCare is more than a tax issue. The mandate is but one tiny part of the whole package.

To overturn it ouright will require overcoming a Democratic filibuster, which requires 60 votes.

Otherwise, it will need to be repealed by a reconciliation bill, which only requires 51 votes.

ObamaCare is more than a tax issue. The mandate is but one tiny part of the whole package.

To overturn it ouright will require overcoming a Democratic filibuster, which requires 60 votes.

Otherwise, it will need to be repealed by a reconciliation bill, which only requires 51 votes.

The mandate is a large part of Obamacare. Without it, it would fall apart.

It would be best if Republicans took the Senate by a strong few and got more in the house... And Obama wins the GE.

Nothing gets done and Republicans act like conservatives. Give Reps a R President and R house/Senate and it will be as bad as when Obama had his super majority.
You forget that Boiking is a blind ideologue and total narcissist.

He'd choke to death before he'd try to triangulate and utter the words "the era of big government is over" , no matter what happens.

Forum List

Back