Balance Budget amendment

Line Item Veto.

Or, barring that, a unilateral cut of equal percentages across the board. This could be adjusted quarterly if needed.

Either would do the job. The first option squarely places the POTUS in the hot seat. The second may be more fair but it places the crosshairs on the Congress.

Did I say I want the PRESIDENT to choose the priorities?

Line Item Veto -- unconstitutional.

Nope... just stop the unnecessary war and get rid of things like Bridges to Nowhere and then we'll talk about across the board cuts to programs I think matter. ;)

Then end corporate welfare, tax breaks for outsourcing and get rid of the tax cut for the richest 1%. I think we'll have it all covered. And perhaps the illegal wiretap budget needs to be cut. I hear they haven't paid their bills for that, anyway. :eusa_whistle:

Did I say I want the PRESIDENT to choose the priorities?

Line Item Veto -- unconstitutional.

Nope... just stop the unnecessary war and get rid of things like Bridges to Nowhere and then we'll talk about across the board cuts to programs I think matter. ;)

Then end corporate welfare, tax breaks for outsourcing and get rid of the tax cut for the richest 1%. I think we'll have it all covered. And perhaps the illegal wiretap budget needs to be cut. I hear they haven't paid their bills for that, anyway. :eusa_whistle:

Well of course, just let the Liberals decide what is important. They did that for 40 years and look where it got us.... a ruined school system, destroyed family structure and a belief that welfare should be a way of life.

Ohh ya I forgot, murder of unborn children on demand as well.

Did I say I want the PRESIDENT to choose the priorities? Did I say you said?

Line Item Veto -- unconstitutional. True. Amendment Time.

Nope... just stop the unnecessary war and get rid of things like Bridges to Nowhere and then we'll talk about across the board cuts to programs I think matter. ;) I agree with leaving. We did the right thing and now the Iraqis need to finish up and move on. Besides we need to put bounties on the heads of various persons of interest.

Then end corporate welfare, tax breaks for outsourcing and get rid of the tax cut for the richest 1%. I think we'll have it all covered. And perhaps the illegal wiretap budget needs to be cut. I hear they haven't paid their bills for that, anyway. :eusa_whistle: You really need to do some due diligence on the fairtax. It will accomplish all the above except for paying the bill for the nessessary wiretapping :rofl:

I, of course, have all the answers. I am merely awaiting someone to ask the right questions.

Guess who spoke these lines?

"But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a Federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink. Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the Federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it, and then we can finally give the American people a balanced budget."

The man who made America a debtor nation and was part of the largest tax increase in history.

http://stateoftheunion.onetwothree.net/texts/19860204.html

Guess who spoke these lines?

"But we cannot win the race to the future shackled to a system that can't even pass a Federal budget. We cannot win that race held back by horse-and-buggy programs that waste tax dollars and squander human potential. We cannot win that race if we're swamped in a sea of red ink. Now, Mr. Speaker, you know, I know, and the American people know the Federal budget system is broken. It doesn't work. Before we leave this city, let's you and I work together to fix it, and then we can finally give the American people a balanced budget."

The man who made America a debtor nation and was part of the largest tax increase in history.

http://stateoftheunion.onetwothree.net/texts/19860204.html

Did some great things, but he completely wrong when it came to the defecit. Again not arguing politics here, just that there is a problem and we need to control spending, can't you agree with that?

Did some great things, but he completely wrong when it came to the defecit. Again not arguing politics here, just that there is a problem and we need to control spending, can't you agree with that?

No one is going to control the spending. Spending restraint is ancient history in this country. Republicans spend way too much, and Democrats spend even more.

The one's who SAY they'll restrain spending, have records which clearly indicate otherwise.

I've heard that servicing the debt costs more than the Iraq war. Now that's a lot of money. I've also heard that for Medicare to keep up its current pace, taxes will eventually have to go up more than 100 percent.

I think it'll start to come home when people stop buying government bonds or try cashing them in all at the same time. That'll happen when people and the world lose confidence in America. It may not be so far off --- look at how the dollar is dropping and is now WEAKER than the euro --- and the euro is being taken in NYC!

America's too big, too billowing and too short-sighted right now, with respect to both its fiscal policies and foreign policies. Amnesty for 20 million illegals, wars in ever other country, credit cards out the wazoo, everyone speaks a different language, gang wars, terrorism, corruption... It's going to pop like an overgorged tick.

You mean like RP's "earmarks"?

I have tried to stay out of partisan debate, I will say nothing. Draw your own conclusions;
Senator Hillary Clinton leads the presidential candidates in the use of earmarks. According to the study for — of Taxpayers for Common Sense, the New York senator secured more than $340 million for home-state projects. That places her among the top ten Senate recipients and that's almost four times as much as Senator Barack Obama. The Illinois senator supported $91 million in earmarks. And in sharp contrast, Senator John McCain, a fierce critic of earmarks, did not request any. McCain is one of only five senators to do so.

Forum List

Back