Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I wish I could buy some cakes from this business..

I like their style.

Baker Who Won?t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

The commission’s order requires Phillips to design wedding cakes for same-sex ceremonies in violation of his beliefs, institute re-education classes for his staff on the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act and send quarterly “compliance” reports to the commission for two years.

::::::::::

This is the issue at the heart of the appeal: Phillips claims the government should not be forcing business owners to betray their consciences and convey what they do not believe. Even more importantly, he says, the government should not be in the business of “rehabilitating” consciences or “re-educating” its citizens to change their moral beliefs about the definition of marriage.

Couldn't queers just get their cakes somewhere else without the fascist charade....

Course they could

That would negate the purpose of queer weddings entirely.

The whole point is:

the rump ranger lobby said:
WE DEMAND ACCEPTANCE FOR OUR DEVIANCY!!!

All this bullshit about insurance, tax breaks, and inheritance laws is a smoke screen. It's about forcing people to approve of their perversion.

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Good, he's a business not a church. Bake the damn cakes.

Yeah, queers just want to be accepted, and if you have an different opinion. We will force you to be indoctrinated to unwillingly accept our perverted lifestyle. I used to not care about them, but fuck them all. I'm sick of it.

Same here.

I wouldn't have bothered to even vote against their agenda, now I actively try and thwart it.

Couldn't queers just get their cakes somewhere else without the fascist charade....

Course they could

Couldn't them darkies just keep quit and eat in the back room instead of demanding to sit up at the counter, or just go somewhere else to eat?

Course they could have.......

Good, he's a business not a church. Bake the damn cakes.

A Jewish bakery should be forced to bake a swastika cake for a group of nazis?

No it's not PC to be a nazi openly, you have to call yourself a democrat or a liberal. You can believe in all the same shit, but still not identify as a nazi.

However if a muslim demanded a cake that depicted all the jews drowning in the mediteranian you'd have a different story.

Course they could

Couldn't them darkies just keep quit and eat in the back room instead of demanding to sit up at the counter, or just go somewhere else to eat?

Exactly, but bed wetters like you wrote a law that forces people to do shit they resent doing, and then you wonder why there's still animosity between people you've forced to behave in a manner you like.

Of course you see no problem with that.

Yeah, queers just want to be accepted, and if you have an different opinion. We will force you to be indoctrinated to unwillingly accept our perverted lifestyle. I used to not care about them, but fuck them all. I'm sick of it.

Same here.

I wouldn't have bothered to even vote against their agenda, now I actively try and thwart it.

I'm just sick of it you cannot go a day without hearing something about a queer complaining about something. They are worse than straight liberals. The only thing I was against was redefining marriage from between a man and a woman, to whatever. They still could get a civil union and had all benefits of a man and woman, but no. Now if you still don't think the way they do, you go to re educate yourself to accept them. That's special treatment, so fuck them, fuck them all.

Yeah, leveraging the force of law has really helped to bring the two sides together.

Aw, just kidding, this isn't about healing.

It's about control, intimidation, submission.

As usual.

Changing minds, winning over people takes something that progressives don't understand. TIME. The Civil rights movement was concerned about the world their kids would live in. Today's MEMEMEMEME generation (especially among progressives) want what they want, and want it NOW NOW NOW NOW.

Course they could

The civil rights movement was about GOVERNMENT discrimination. Those lunch counters were designated as segregated by ordinance.

The over-reach was going further than removing said ordinances, and forcing comply with policies they didn't want to follow. Its understandable considering how fucked up the South was during Jim Crow, but it doesn't make it right.

Government should be color/sex/whatever blind, people shouldn't be forced to do the same.

Forum List

Back