Baked catfish fillets, super easy and super good!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This is really easy and the fillets came out great. Preheat oven to 400. Put fillets in a foiled lined broiling pan and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle herb seasoning, don't be shy cover those suckers! Bake 10 minutes then last 2 minutes switch to broil to brown the tops.

This is really easy and the fillets came out great. Preheat oven to 400. Put fillets in a foiled lined broiling pan and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle herb seasoning, don't be shy cover those suckers! Bake 10 minutes then last 2 minutes switch to broil to brown the tops.

WOW, thanks, I'm gonna try this. My favorite fish is catfish and I'm always deep frying it. Well, trying to drop a few pounds, I had to give it up and go with salmon and talapia...which is very expensive. Thanks, I hope it works.

Yeah, baking is good. I usually pan fry it with Creole seasoning but it's been a few years since I've had it.

Baking is a great way to serve up fish. Much healthier than frying.
Yes baking is good, but baked catfish???? I'm gonna try it, I hope it turns out really good, cause I miss my cat fish!!

I hope the recipe works well for you. Let me know how it goes. I like cod myself and made my own baking recipe for it. I got to have my fish.

I am loving this....I really want to get away from red meat. I was recently diagnosed with a lot of inflammation in my blood stream, the highest levels (CRP-protein markers), which leads to heat disease, strokes, cancer you name it.....so I'm struggling to balance foods with healthy eating and like you, I love love love fish and COD...OMG, the best. So baking has become a stable in my home, but fish isn't as good without the crispy crust, so trying something new, I'm all for it....and I will definitely try anything at this point!!

Yes baking is good, but baked catfish???? I'm gonna try it, I hope it turns out really good, cause I miss my cat fish!!

I hope the recipe works well for you. Let me know how it goes. I like cod myself and made my own baking recipe for it. I got to have my fish.

I am loving this....I really want to get away from red meat. I was recently diagnosed with a lot of inflammation in my blood stream, the highest levels (CRP-protein markers), which leads to heat disease, strokes, cancer you name it.....so I'm struggling to balance foods with healthy eating and like you, I love love love fish and COD...OMG, the best. So baking has become a stable in my home, but fish isn't as good without the crispy crust, so trying something new, I'm all for it....and I will definitely try anything at this point!!

I'm not sure if you believe in natural foods but many are used for reducing inflammation in the body. I think blueberries are one of the fruits, so is ginger, rosemary and turmeric. I make protein smoothies with all natural ingredients and if I want it more creamy I use plain Greek yogurt, ice strawberries, blueberries and bananas. The strawberries are high in natural sugar so use sparingly.

Here is my cod recipe in case you are interested.

1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of lemon
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of rosemary

Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the oil and lemon together, then stir in the dry ingredients. Brush it on the cod and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. It is delicious.

I'm not sure if you believe in natural foods but many are used for reducing inflammation in the body. I think blueberries are one of the fruits, so is ginger, rosemary and turmeric. I make protein smoothies with all natural ingredients and if I want it more creamy I use plain Greek yogurt, ice strawberries, blueberries and bananas. The strawberries are high in natural sugar so use sparingly.

1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of lemon
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of rosemary

Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the oil and lemon together, then stir in the dry ingredients. Brush it on the cod and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. It is delicious.

I just recently order a book on naturally made smoothies....something I definately plan to enjoy and I just cut a pasted your fish recipe..again thanks and happy healthy eating is on the horizon for me!!

1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of lemon
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of rosemary

I just recently order a book on naturally made smoothies....something I definately plan to enjoy and I just cut a pasted your fish recipe..again thanks and happy healthy eating is on the horizon for me!!

Enjoy!

1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of lemon
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of rosemary

Enjoy!

Yes, I will and thank you and if it turns out spectacular, I will definately pass your recipe on to my friends and family!!

Forum List

Back