May 10, 2010
Chocolate Chip Cookie

White/Caucasian: $2.00
Asian/Asian American: $1.50
Latino/Hispanic: $1.00
Black/ African American: $0.75
Native American: $0.25
$0.25 OFF FOR ALL WOMEN!

Berkeley College Republicans will be SELLING BAKED GOODS from 10 AM – 2PM across from the Affirmative Action Phonebank on Upper Sproul, and just like the CA Senate Bills 185 and 387 the phonebank supports, we will be considering RACE, GENDER, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL/GEOGRAPHIC ORIGIN and other relevant factors to ensure the EQUITABLE distribution of BAKED GOODS to our DIVERSE! student body.To ensure the fairest distribution, and make sure that there are a DIVERSE population of RACES of students getting BCR’s delicious baked goods, the pricing structure will be as follows:

UC Berkeley College Republicans’ ‘diversity bake sale’ elicits cries of racism - The Daily Californian
FOXNews.com - Berkeley Club Holds Anti-Affirmative Action Bake Sale - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

A rather interesting bake sale don't you think? I rather like the metaphor they are trying to highlight in the fairness of tuition.

Chocolate Chip Cookie

White/Caucasian: $2.00
Asian/Asian American: $1.50
Latino/Hispanic: $1.00
Black/ African American: $0.75
Native American: $0.25
$0.25 OFF FOR ALL WOMEN!

Berkeley College Republicans will be SELLING BAKED GOODS from 10 AM – 2PM across from the Affirmative Action Phonebank on Upper Sproul, and just like the CA Senate Bills 185 and 387 the phonebank supports, we will be considering RACE, GENDER, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL/GEOGRAPHIC ORIGIN and other relevant factors to ensure the EQUITABLE distribution of BAKED GOODS to our DIVERSE! student body.To ensure the fairest distribution, and make sure that there are a DIVERSE population of RACES of students getting BCR’s delicious baked goods, the pricing structure will be as follows:

UC Berkeley College Republicans’ ‘diversity bake sale’ elicits cries of racism - The Daily Californian
FOXNews.com - Berkeley Club Holds Anti-Affirmative Action Bake Sale - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

A rather interesting bake sale don't you think? I rather like the metaphor they are trying to highlight in the fairness of tuition.
saw this on fox news ....it is a damn good way to show the injustice of affirmative action !!

"$0.25 OFF FOR ALL WOMEN!"

I call BS. I have never met a woman who was willing to get off for only 25 cents. It has usually run into the hundreds of dollars. More when you get married.

Forum List

Back