Bait and switch.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Republicans blast 'bait and switch' health bill - Yahoo! News

Up to their old tricks they will increase medicaid but stop paying for it in 3 years requiring the States to pay for the increases then.

Further they propose a non Congressional broker to determine how to cut costs and slow growth in costs on Medicare. Can we say CUT PROGRAMS AND DENY coverage?

The bill would supposedly give coverage to 31 million while costing between 900 billion to 1.5 trillion depending on who's numbers you use.

What does anyone expect Sarge???

It seems the only people who will make out are those that contribute nothing to anything. The rest of us will be carrying the water for all. Bunch of BS.

what truly amazes me about this entire deal is, anyone with basic business sense can plainly see how it simply doesn't work.

Forget about all of the other issues with it, just that should be enough to get it shot down.

But the goals are much larger on the left, so they are going to do all they can to ram this through.

Mike

The cited article above also mentioned this:

"Democrats put the price tag of the 2,074-page measure at $979 billion, higher than the $849 billion figure they had cited Wednesday as the cost of expanding coverage to 31 million who now lack insurance. Republicans calculated it at more like $1.5 trillion over a decade, and said even that was understated because Reid decided to delay implementation of some of the bill's main features until 2014.

Officially, the Congressional Budget Office said the measure would reduce deficits by $130 billion over the next decade with probable small reductions in the 10 years that follow — forecasts that cheered rank-and-file Democrats. Among the cost-cutting provisions would be creation of an Independent Medicare Advisory Board which could be required to recommend steps limiting the growth of the program that provides health care to millions of seniors. The recommendations would go into effect automatically unless Congress blocked them."

So we are saved right? I mean Obama said the bill would not be signed if over$900b. Note the increase in price tag makes it deficit neutral at best. Also, I read death panel in the bold print.

Forum List

Back