Bait And Switch on Obamacare

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Stephanie, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    vote this administation out people

SNIP:

Cal Thomas

Jun 29, 2012

When is a tax not a tax? When President Obama says it isn't, or when the Supreme Court says it is?

Obamacare was sold on several fraudulent lines. The president knows the country doesn't want to pay higher taxes, given the deplorable way their government spends the money. And so the administration packaged it as something different.

That's called bait and switch, which is defined as "an illegal tactic in which a seller advertises a product with the intention of persuading customers to purchase a more expensive product." And Obamacare, if it is not repealed, is guaranteed to be more expensive, not to mention more bureaucratic, delivering lower-quality care and eventually rationing to save money.

Does it matter what this president promises since so many have turned up empty?

This ruling will impose a massive tax increase during a lingering recession. Twenty-one new taxes are associated with Obamacare, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. That doesn't include the scheduled year-end expiration of the Bush tax cuts. President Obama has said taxes shouldn't be raised during a recession.

Simply put, if government is going to take more money from the people who earn it -- mostly small businesses -- it will result in those businesses hiring fewer people, or laying off more employees, or both, thus increasing already high unemployment. People who have never run a business, or made a payroll, like most in this administration, have no sense of that.

The list of lies and deceptions by this administration is long and growing. When campaigning for president in 2008, candidate Obama made "a firm pledge" not to raise taxes: "Not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." In 2009, he vigorously denied to George Stephanopoulos of ABC that the individual mandate is a tax. Now Chief Justice John Roberts says it is. If money leaves your pocket and goes to government, it's a tax, no matter the label.

read it all here
    Bait And Switch on Obamacare - Cal Thomas - Page 1

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729
    Almost everyone with a brain knew right from the beginning that you cannot add 30 million people to the rolls without it costing a huge amount of money. Approximately 20 million of those won't be able to pay so the TAXPAER will pick up the bill. Every time you buy an over the counter medication you are paying a TAX on the bill. There are 21 other tax hikes embedded within this bill. And their other source of revenue is the 500 Billion dollars they are going to steal from the people who need the most care. The seniors.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,677
    Do we see a repeat of the 2010 Congressional elections?

4. Vanquish

Vanquish Vanquisher of shills

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Bullshit. They're not stealing from seniors. The people who can pay...the higher tax brackets...will pay for this. As they should.

But don't let something crazy like reality sink into your head.

I think it's funny that so many threads on this topic keep popping up as conservative brains are imploding about it. Can't say it's not constitutional, can ya ;)

Oh and by the way...yer boy Romney can't really debate this issue with Obama...unless he wants to be called a hypocrite.

[​IMG]

Want the video to prove the quote isn't taken out of context?? Sure. Here ya go.
    Romney: "It's not a tax hike. It is a fee, an assessment." - YouTube

Fun times.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729
    Bullshit. OBAMATAX is stealing 500 Billion dollars from Medicare (seniors) to pay for his OBAMABILL.

6. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Just more massive, and ousting The O.

7. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    True.

8. onecut39

onecut39 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150

I am a senior. Obamacare cost me about 20 bucks a month increase on my medical advantage plan. That is the money that was "taken" from social security.

Insurance companies offering "medical advantage" plans receive a payment of "x" dollars per month for each person enrolled. The last time I checked this was about $800. For this payment the company becomes totally responsible for the the benefits spelled out in the policy and I am effectively divorced from medicare.

Had I chosen to stay strictly on medicare there would have been no cost to me. There is no reduction in services to those on medicare just a reduction in payment to senior medical advantage plans.

My medical advantage insurance company is making a fortune in profits to the point where the state is getting pissed and it appears there will be no increase in premiums for a while. I can afford it and I presently have the best medical coverage of my life.

Anything that was "taken" WAS NOT taken from medicare. It takes a second to shout out the buzzwords and minutes to explain the real situation. Those doing the shouting are either ignorant or liars. There are no other choices.

The $20? I give it gladly. Call it a tax call it a fee, call it a premium. Call it anything you want. You seem to have no trouble doing that. The mechanics remain the same.

Oh yeah just to keep things factual. My medical advantage premium is $139 per month. Medicare takes out about $150 per month. Medicare gives the insurance company about $800 per month. That's the way it works. I pay $300. Medicare p ays about $800. The insurance company gets a total of about $1300 per month. You may not like it. Maybe with reason. That is no reason to be ignorant or to lie about it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Vanquish

Vanquish Vanquisher of shills

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Well said onecut.

Furthermore, the bill doesn't take money out of the current Medicare budget but, rather, it attempts to slow the program's future growth, curtailing just over $500 billion in anticipated spending increases over the next 10 years. Medicare spending will still increase, however.

where does the $500 billion in future savings come from?

$220 billion = reducing annual increases in payments that health care providers would otherwise receive from Medicare.

$36 billion = increases in premiums for higher-income beneficiaries

$12 billion = administrative changes

$136 billion = projected savings from changes to Medicare Advantage

SAVINGS from Medicare help pay for other parts of the health care law so that the deficit doesn't go up. See how that works? Not stolen.

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    well this should keep doctors wanting to stay in business

but the Guberment needs MORE TAXES from you peons..