Bain Take Over American Airlines..Recommends Firing 13,000..

13,000 is a PITTANCE, compared to the 350,000+ people PER WEEK that are filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits.

American Airlines is in big trouble, just like MANY airlines. And it's all Mitt Romney's fault, or at least according to the leftist moonbats in here. Funny, but sad.

Yes...

And if Bain turns them around, they did it ONLY becuase they could make money.

And if it cant turn them around?

Their failing will be Bains fault.

That is how Huggy thinks.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Why?

Becuase the talking heads said so.

What talking heads? I heard a little about it this morning on a news break and investigated it myself. Was there something dishonest about the OP?

How's THAT for creating jobs again Mittens?

I wonder how much Romney makes while 13,000 hit unemployment lines?

Ya Mittens is all about the jobs...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

A... link?

B... Does Romney still work for Bain?

Sure no problemo... should have included it in the OP..

Romney

No ...he just gets income from his former firm. He doesn't have to lift a finger to profit from the misery of others any more.

So you would give the money back?

A... link?

B... Does Romney still work for Bain?

Sure no problemo... should have included it in the OP..

Romney

No ...he just gets income from his former firm. He doesn't have to lift a finger to profit from the misery of others any more.

So you would give the money back?

Why should he? He didn't do anything illegal...except possibly all that unreported income stashed in the Caymans.. but hey! who's counting?

Bain Capital does not own American Airlines, dipshit.

And no airline has been profitable since...ever. Declaring bankruptcy for an airline is about as out of the ordinary as Obama sucking up to labor unions.

Do you know that the Airline Industry has never shown a profit?

Never.

what the hell are you talking about?

Airline Industry 2011 Profit Outlook Slashed to $4 Billion

"In 2010, the year of the ash cloud and the snowstorms that so perturbed Europe and the eastern seaboard of the United States, the industry still recorded a $18 billion profit."

Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about. If you meant individual companies, let me know and i will post their income statement and balance sheets.

Bain Capital does not own American Airlines, dipshit.

And no airline has been profitable since...ever. Declaring bankruptcy for an airline is about as out of the ordinary as Obama sucking up to labor unions.

Where do I state they do?..dipshit.

Why Airlines Keep Going Bankrupt : Planet Money : NPR

The airline industry consistently breaks the number one rule of business: The job of the company is to make money.

"The industry in aggregate has lost about $60 billion over the 32 years since deregulation, " says Severin Borenstein, an economist at the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkley.

This is where bankruptcy comes in: It allows airlines to renegotiate labor contracts.

Parts of union contracts written before deregulation have persisted for decades, according to James Sprayregen is a partner at the law firm Kirkland and Ellis who worked on the bankruptcies of United Airlines and TWA.

"Those contracts, albeit amended dozens and probably hundreds of times, they sort of grew on themselves almost like a coral reef and a lot of inefficiencies got built into those," he says.

In bankruptcy, work rules that determine how many hours a pilot can fly can be changed, vacation days can go away, and pensions and benefits can be reduced.

"Unfortunately bankruptcy is all about breaking promises," says Sprayregen.

Breaking those promises means the legacy airlines have come to look a lot like the newer, low-cost carriers.

Why Airlines Keep Going Bankrupt : Planet Money : NPR

The airline industry consistently breaks the number one rule of business: The job of the company is to make money.

"The industry in aggregate has lost about $60 billion over the 32 years since deregulation, " says Severin Borenstein, an economist at the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkley.

This is where bankruptcy comes in: It allows airlines to renegotiate labor contracts.

Parts of union contracts written before deregulation have persisted for decades, according to James Sprayregen is a partner at the law firm Kirkland and Ellis who worked on the bankruptcies of United Airlines and TWA.

"Those contracts, albeit amended dozens and probably hundreds of times, they sort of grew on themselves almost like a coral reef and a lot of inefficiencies got built into those," he says.

In bankruptcy, work rules that determine how many hours a pilot can fly can be changed, vacation days can go away, and pensions and benefits can be reduced.

"Unfortunately bankruptcy is all about breaking promises," says Sprayregen.

Breaking those promises means the legacy airlines have come to look a lot like the newer, low-cost carriers.

The airlines are free to raise air fares. If they want to offer "bargain" air fares let the CEO's take it out of THIER pay and golden parachutes!

Do you know that the Airline Industry has never shown a profit?

Never.

what the hell are you talking about?

Airline Industry 2011 Profit Outlook Slashed to $4 Billion

"In 2010, the year of the ash cloud and the snowstorms that so perturbed Europe and the eastern seaboard of the United States, the industry still recorded a $18 billion profit."

Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about. If you meant individual companies, let me know and i will post their income statement and balance sheets.

There is an important lesson here for your:
Never doubt me.

"Yet as all panelists agreed, the airline industry as a whole has never been profitable..."
Panel Speaks About Turbulence in Airline Industry | The Cornell Daily Sun

New Topics

Forum List

Back