Bain Take Over American Airlines..Recommends Firing 13,000..

Did you miss this bit of new Huggies?

American Airlines Shows The Corruption Of Obama's GM Bailout - Forbes

"The White House Auto Task Force and its Czar spared UAW the dismay and outrage of renegotiated union pay scales, revised work rules, and loss of defined-benefit pensions that American Airlines union members face. American’s anticipated fifteen percent job loss is about the same as GM’s, but without a dime of taxpayer money. Obama did not save GM jobs, he saved UAW pay scales and pensions. UAW members left their jobs with a $25,000 new car and $20,000 cash. (Chrysler employees left with much more). Laid-off American Airlines pilots, mechanics and flight attendants will likely leave with little or nothing."

Last edited:
How's THAT for creating jobs again Mittens?

I wonder how much Romney makes while 13,000 hit unemployment lines?

Ya Mittens is all about the jobs...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Is he still in charge of bain stupid?

Yes I remember you as the internet tough guy from 85th and Aurora.

A... link?

B... Does Romney still work for Bain?

Sure no problemo... should have included it in the OP..

Romney

No ...he just gets income from his former firm. He doesn't have to lift a finger to profit from the misery of others any more.

Is he still in charge of bain stupid?

Yes I remember you as the internet tough guy from 85th and Aurora.

Back in the early seventies I had a foreign car repair shop at 83rd and Aurora.

Now I am the "internet tough guy" at 125th and Aurora. At least I get paid for it..ask any local gang banger, pimp or drug dealer...

A... link?

Romney

No ...he just gets income from his former firm. He doesn't have to lift a finger to profit from the misery of others any more.

Thanks, I'll review the link.

So, when someone leaves a firm, they should give up any and all future compensation because that firm might do something you disagree with? Interesting concept.

EDIT:

clicked the link and this is the title of the piece (I noticed you avoided posting it in your link...)
Romney’s Firm Instructs American Airlines to Sack 13,000 Workers

It's not 'Romney's firm'. He used to work there, but not now. Calling it 'his firm' is simply a political attack.

Last edited:
A... link?

Romney

So, when someone leaves a firm, they should give up any and all future compensation because that firm might do something you disagree with? Interesting concept.

EDIT:

clicked the link and this is the title of the piece (I noticed you avoided posting it in your link...)

It's not 'Romney's firm'. He used to work there, but not now. Calling it 'his firm' is simply a political attack.

A political attack on a political message board? Oh no he dittant!!! :lol: :lol:

Ya...a political attack on a political message board...go figure....:eusa_whistle:

Romney

EDIT:

A political attack on a political message board? Oh no he dittant!!! :lol: :lol:

Ya...a political attack on a political message board...go figure....:eusa_whistle:

I wasn't saying you were politically attacking Romney, as that is a given ;)

I was saying your source was doing so, when he has zero to do with it, other than he worked for a company involved at one time.

In either case, it's to be expected in here.

Do you know that the Airline Industry has never shown a profit?

Never.

And still it manages to transport millions of people to thier destinations every day.

What does that say about the importance of profit?

American Airlines should keep the vampires that are sucking them dry until the company goes bankrupt. After all, American Airlines is just another welfare agency.

Never.

And still it manages to transport millions of people to thier destinations every day.

I can understand why you'd make this feeble attempt to change the focus of the discussion, Hugs,...but the point is, it takes real business acumen to look at the fact that I posted and look for a way to change it.

So, whether or not Romney is still associated with Bain, the attempt to seek profit is laudable.

American Airlines should keep the vampires that are sucking them dry until the company goes bankrupt. After all, American Airlines is just another welfare agency.

Are you using sarcasm to back Huggy into the corner of espousing an anti-capitalism position???

Never.

I can understand why you'd make this feeble attempt to change the focus of the discussion, Hugs,...but the point is, it takes real business acumen to look at the fact that I posted and look for a way to change it.

So, whether or not Romney is still associated with Bain, the attempt to seek profit is laudable.

I am just pointing out that profit is only one component of good business. Getting the businessman or woman to thier business meeting is also important... Getting them there safely and on time is probably important too. I wonder how many mechanics and safety personel will get the axe? Wouldn't do to have a bain controlled airline to have a crash during the campaign now would it?

I am just pointing out that profit is only one component of good business. Getting the businessman or woman to thier business meeting is also important... Getting them there safely and on time is probably important too. I wonder how many mechanics and safety personel will get the axe? Wouldn't do to have a bain controlled airline to have a crash during the campaign now would it?

Holding on by your fingernails, Hugs?

No, profit is the life's blood of a business.
Without same, the employees who are not excesssed, nor the "businessman or woman getting to thier business meetings" will exist in their roles.

so then, ya gotta ask yerself, asswipe. better to lose 13 thousand jobs, or a whole company? and why weren't you bitching about the 20 thousand jobs obama just threw away?

Years ago we had the peace dividend that was supposed to save millions of dollars by closing many of our internal military bases and gutted the defense industry. When it was pointed out that thousands of jobs would be lost. The government said they were not required to maintain these industries as a form of welfare.

Neither is American Airlines.

Holding on by your fingernails, Hugs?

No, profit is the life's blood of a business.
Without same, the employees who are not excesssed, nor the "businessman or woman getting to thier business meetings" will exist in their roles.

Ya desperately...:eek: :lol: :lol:

It's just a thread on a messageboard.. I believe I'll make another cup of coffee while I ponder my desperation... maybe I'll pet the dog on my way back to the puter...perhaps THAT will calm me down... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back