Bain Sources: Romney Wouldn't Have Run If He Had Foreseen Tax Controversy

Romney paid 15% on the year he released, right? So he must have paid much less than that on the years he's hiding.

Romney paid the taxes required by law, 14% if memory serves. And what's more, he gave 15% to charity. Obama, on the other hand, gave what?... 1%?

People forget that capital gains already have taxes applied to them several times. If you buy a stock with earned income, the money is taxed on the progressive tax scale before you can make that purchase. It's taxed again at the corporate rate before profits are divided, and then taxed again at the capital gains rate when dividends are paid. It's not like anybody just gets a straight-up return on investment capital. The government gets a couple of bites out of the apple before any checks are cut.

The problem with the left is that it's comprised of a bunch of greedy, envious people who can't stand it that somebody else might have more money than they do. Not that government is a particularly efficient manager of our tax dollars... what with the 16 trillion in debt and all. :rolleyes:

I've decided that, rather than ignoring the idiots that start Bain threads, I'm just going to start negging their one-tracked asses

:fu:

Good idea. That way you don't have to face up to the FACTS.

Using an offshore account to avoid taxes is like getting paid in cash and not reporting it to the IRS. It is cheating on your taxes. That is why, once the IRS was aware of peoples' accounts, it didn't shield taxes any more. That was a nice way to say that people couldn't cheat.

So why didn't the IRS catch him already if he "cheated on his taxes"?

yeah, they're so efficient over there

The left and calls for Romney's tax returns going back 1,000 years reminds me a young child continually saying "why?" to everything. You know that game. It never goes anywhere.

I've decided that, rather than ignoring the idiots that start Bain threads, I'm just going to start negging their one-tracked asses

:fu:

Who cares? A quick look shows that a lot of Rep is nothing more than a CON circle jerk, anyway. Sometimes I'll keep posting pointed, but not obscene or off-topic, messages until I see it go down. Then I know I've done my job and log off. :mm:

That explains why my rep is so high.

Romney paid 15% on the year he released, right? So he must have paid much less than that on the years he's hiding.

there's a good logic behind that assumption, but it's still just an assumption. Let's see the facts.
C'mon Mitt - let's see those records!

What politician in his right mind would take the political heat generated by this kind of secrecy if the tax forms were politically harmless?

They've made a carefully calculated assessment that the political damage of not releasing them is less than the likely political damage of releasing them.

Or at least that was likely their original calculation.

Romney paid the taxes required by law, 14% if memory serves. And what's more, he gave 15% to charity. Obama, on the other hand, gave what?... 1%?

People forget that capital gains already have taxes applied to them several times. If you buy a stock with earned income, the money is taxed on the progressive tax scale before you can make that purchase. It's taxed again at the corporate rate before profits are divided, and then taxed again at the capital gains rate when dividends are paid. It's not like anybody just gets a straight-up return on investment capital. The government gets a couple of bites out of the apple before any checks are cut.

The problem with the left is that it's comprised of a bunch of greedy, envious people who can't stand it that somebody else might have more money than they do. Not that government is a particularly efficient manager of our tax dollars... what with the 16 trillion in debt and all. :rolleyes:

That is nonsense. My wages are taxed, but that doesn't exempt me from paying sales tax when spend my take home pay.

I just noticed something..

this article is written with UNNAMED sources..
several current and former Bain executives tell The Huffington Post

so we are just suppose to take their word for it

this is why Hufferpost or their useful tools who bring them over here is not to be taken seriously folks

That is nonsense. My wages are taxed, but that doesn't exempt me from paying sales tax when spend my take home pay.

And the investor living off his dividends is likewise paying sales taxes on his purchases, so what's your point?

this is why Hufferpost or their useful tools who bring them over here is not to be taken seriously folks

That's a given when you're reading the Huffnpuff. :tongue:

That's a given when you're reading the Huffnpuff. :tongue:

I know, but it never hurts to keep pointing it out to people here.:)

Good idea. That way you don't have to face up to the FACTS.

Using an offshore account to avoid taxes is like getting paid in cash and not reporting it to the IRS. It is cheating on your taxes. That is why, once the IRS was aware of peoples' accounts, it didn't shield taxes any more. That was a nice way to say that people couldn't cheat.

So why didn't the IRS catch him already if he "cheated on his taxes"?

yeah, they're so efficient over there

Such a brilliant pick for an agency to decide who can afford what kind of insurance, hunh?
:eusa_shhh:

The GOP deserves all the swift boating they get lol. They made politics a mockery of total BS. Thanks for the depression, the stupidest wars ever, 9/11, and total obstruction and fear mongering propaganda for 4 years. Total a-holes and silly chumps...

They wouldn't lie, they are owned by AOL.

Forum List

Back