Bain Capital Got Bailout Money...

Duly noted you couldn't answer the point.

You know, guess what, guy, elections are when the peasents get to vote. "Let them Eat Cake" usually gets you sent to the guillotine.

I answered your OP. Your response was lame.

You're a hater. You've admitted you hate the man. Thus, everything to you is going to look like a negative. You don't have much objectivity and thus little credibility.

hatereagle.jpg

You know what. you are right. I hate the man.

I also hate Bin Laden. Oh, wait. He deserves my hate.

I hate my scumwad ex-boss who fired all my friends so he could show a "profit". Oh, wait, that guy was pretty contemptable, too.

Has it occured to you that if I hate Mitt Romney, he has fully earned every ounce of my contempt?

However, my objectivity is right on. Going for the class warfare argument against Romney is a winner - BECAUSE IT HAS ALREADY WORKED!!!!

TWICE.

It worked for Ted Kennedy. It worked for Mike Huckabee.

It will work for Barack Obama, who is a vastly more skilled politician than either of them.

If you want to win this, an election that will be between the haves and the have-nots, then you have to go with a guy who is a self-made man, not someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Perry would have been a good pick, except he was like, Retarded.

Newt might have been a good pick, but he has a past that is kind of ugly.

The GOP has a lot of good guys from humble backgrounds who can make the argument that America is a place where hard work will reward you.

Romney makes the argument that the rich will screw your hard work to make themselves richer, and an election is a place to pay that back.

Oh, yeah, and he belongs to a whacky religion.

name one

You know, guess what, guy, elections are when the peasents get to vote. "Let them Eat Cake" usually gets you sent to the guillotine.

he answered all your points.

you really should consider putting down the shovel and helping yourself to a steaming cup of stfu. :thup:

NO, he really didn't. He put out the "club for greed" let them eat cake argument.

Which isn't going to fly with guys who are afraid of losing their jobs and their homes.

This is not going to be an election about whether Mitt has enough Grey Poupon. It's going to be an election about how working folks are not going to lose their homes after working hard all their lives.

Obama's done a terrible job, but we don't win with a guy who blurts out stuff like "Corporations are people, too, my friend."

no, he didn't.

you should read the actual words, instead of what the voices in your head tells you is there.

I answered your OP. Your response was lame.

You're a hater. You've admitted you hate the man. Thus, everything to you is going to look like a negative. You don't have much objectivity and thus little credibility.

hatereagle.jpg

You know what. you are right. I hate the man.

I also hate Bin Laden. Oh, wait. He deserves my hate.

I hate my scumwad ex-boss who fired all my friends so he could show a "profit". Oh, wait, that guy was pretty contemptable, too.

Has it occured to you that if I hate Mitt Romney, he has fully earned every ounce of my contempt?

However, my objectivity is right on. Going for the class warfare argument against Romney is a winner - BECAUSE IT HAS ALREADY WORKED!!!!

TWICE.

It worked for Ted Kennedy. It worked for Mike Huckabee.

It will work for Barack Obama, who is a vastly more skilled politician than either of them.

If you want to win this, an election that will be between the haves and the have-nots, then you have to go with a guy who is a self-made man, not someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Perry would have been a good pick, except he was like, Retarded.

Newt might have been a good pick, but he has a past that is kind of ugly.

The GOP has a lot of good guys from humble backgrounds who can make the argument that America is a place where hard work will reward you.

Romney makes the argument that the rich will screw your hard work to make themselves richer, and an election is a place to pay that back.

Oh, yeah, and he belongs to a whacky religion.

Normally, a politician who say's "let's make a $10,000.00 bet during a debate is the kiss of death.

Lack of military experience used to be a problem with Republican candidate, but Bush lowered that bar so far, they no longer care. He may have been in the military, but no one knew where he was and his unit was referred to as the "Champagne Unit" which included sons of politicians and athletes".

Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries - The Boston Globe

BETTENDORF, Iowa — Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons' decision not to enlist in the military, saying they're showing their support for the country by "helping me get elected."

Romney Speaks Up for Sons' Decisions

name one

Well, let's start with an easy one. Sarah Palin.

She's a gal, but you get my drift.

Mike Huckabee. Came from very working class roots, was a minister, is now a successful political figure and commentator.

Rick Perry. Born dirt poor on a cotton farm in Texas, worked his way up.

These are guys I can relate to and understand. I came from a working class family, worked my way through college by joining the military. There's an empathy factor.

Romney's idea of "hardship" is that he didn't have a fridge when he was annoying French people with the Book of Mormon. Well, yeah, I guess that was tough compared to his contemporaries, who were in rice paddies in Vietnam.

But he's a rich guy who made a fortune putting working Joes out of a job, not because he needed the money, but because he was just plain greedy. That simply isn't going to play well in Peoria (where Caterpillar is closing down a plant and moving it to Asia).

Romney's supporters still scream about Huckabee's anti-Mormon stuff, but the most devastating thing he said about Romney was "I look like the guy you work with, he looks like the guy who lays you off."

name one

Mike Huckabee. Came from very working class roots, was a minister, is now a successful political figure and commentator.

These are guys I can relate to and understand. I came from a working class family, worked my way through college by joining the military. There's an empathy factor.

Romney's idea of "hardship" is that he didn't have a fridge when he was annoying French people with the Book of Mormon. Well, yeah, I guess that was tough compared to his contemporaries, who were in rice paddies in Vietnam.

But he's a rich guy who made a fortune putting working Joes out of a job, not because he needed the money, but because he was just plain greedy. That simply isn't going to play well in Peoria (where Caterpillar is closing down a plant and moving it to Asia).

Romney's supporters still scream about Huckabee's anti-Mormon stuff, but the most devastating thing he said about Romney was "I look like the guy you work with, he looks like the guy who lays you off."

oh, sorry, didn't realize you're a winger.

carry on.

Normally, a politician who say's "let's make a $10,000.00 bet during a debate is the kiss of death.

Lack of military experience used to be a problem with Republican candidate, but Bush lowered that bar so far, they no longer care. He may have been in the military, but no one knew where he was and his unit was referred to as the "Champagne Unit" which included sons of politicians and athletes".

Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries - The Boston Globe

BETTENDORF, Iowa — Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons' decision not to enlist in the military, saying they're showing their support for the country by "helping me get elected."

Romney Speaks Up for Sons' Decisions

Point take, but since Obama also managed to avoid being in an induction center, I'm not sure how much of an issue he can make of that.

I mean, if military service were a determining factor, McCain- decorated war hero- should have won hands down.

carry on.

Not a left or right wing issue, guy....

If anything, the wealthy have gotten very good at playing us against each other.

OK, so here is the story. As one might expect, its full of lies. That, of course, is to be expected in politics.

Here is what the ad claims

- Romney laid off hundreds of employees
- Taxpayers, i.e. the FDIC, "bailed out" Bain by writing down $10 million in loans from the Bank of New England.
- Romney made $4 million.

Now, I can understand how someone with zero knowledge of business might find this alarming, but even a cursory digging into the facts reveals that this is a political lie as it is a lie of omission.

Here are the facts.

- Romney was CEO of Bain Capital, a spin-off of Bain & Co, a management consulting firm. He started Bain Capital in 1983.

- After Romney left, Bain & Co. incorporated in 1985, and senior partners of Bain & Co. borrowed heavily against their shares. By the end of the 1980s, the company was heavily in debt, and with the economy slowing, Bain & Co was in financial trouble. Some of that debt was owed to the Bank of New England.

- The Bank of New England lent heavily to businesses and against real estate in the region. When the economy of New England went into the sewer and real estate tanked, the Bank of New England became insolvent. This had nothing to do with Bain and Co. or Mitt Romney. This was due to bad management at the bank. The Bank owed $2.3 billion more than it's assets were worth. Because of the bank's bad loan book, the FDIC had to take over the bank to protect depositors.

- With Bain and Co in financial trouble, Mitt Romney was asked to become CEO in 1991 to turn the company around. When a company has too much debt and on the verge of bankruptcy, it is common for a company to renegotiate its loans. This happens all the time in business. It just so happens that some of the loans were to an insolvent bank taken over by the FDIC. Banks renegotiate their debt with trouble companies all the time to salvage some of their loan rather than risk losing much more in a bankruptcy. This is especially true for services companies with little tangible capital since the whole firm can cease to exist as all the partners can just walk out the door, leaving the bank with virtually nothing. If Bain and Co had gone under, the losses to the Bank of New England would have been greater than $10 million. Mitt Romney saved the taxpayers money, not the other way around as the dishonest political ad claims. Remember, the Bank of New England was insolvent on its own accord. It's financial plight had virtually nothing to do with Bain, other than Bain was another Boston company in trouble because of the lousy economy. Had the bank not been insolvent, then taxpayers would never have had to write-down the loan to Bain and Co. And had the loan not been re-negotiated, the loss to taxpayers almost certainly would have been greater.

- Romney fired a couple hundred employees at Bain & Co. What the ad doesn't tell you, of course because it is intellectually dishonest, was that Bain and Co was on the verge of falling apart. Bain and Co employed a thousand people. Had Bain and Co gone under, many hundreds more would have lost their jobs. When companies are in financial trouble, companies must cut costs. The biggest cost is labor. This is especially true of a services business. So you have a choice - cut costs by laying off some people or risk the company going bankrupt and being liquidated and everyone losing their jobs. By saving the company, Romney saved jobs.

- Romney was paid a salary of $1. The $4 million he made was for bringing the company back to health. Had he failed, he would have been paid $1. He was paid for being successful.

Romney took a business in trouble and turned it around. Haters of capitalism such as leftards and über-RINOs may think this is bad, but most Americans admire such people.

The article says that the ads were never used because Romney was going to lose the Senate race. That speaks volumes. The reason why these ads weren't used was because they are intellectually dishonest. Had they been used, it would have shown how desperate the Kennedy camp was. Since they weren't desperate, they weren't needed and thus weren't shown.

Joe the bigot never allows truth to interfere with his hatred and bigotry.

Nice post! :thup:

carry on.

Not a left or right wing issue, guy....

If anything, the wealthy have gotten very good at playing us against each other.

if you think palin, huckabee and/or perry are viable presidential candidates, you're fucking crazy.

otay?

Not an issue, here, guy.

The optic is this.

People lost their jobs and houses, and are on the hook for a taxpayer supported bailout that their GRANDCHILDREN will still be paying off.

Romney got 4 million dollars out of the deal.

Please tell me what kind of alternate universe you come from where this doesn't look just horrible to a family living from paycheck to paycheck, hoping some guy in a suit doesn't move his job to Malaysia?

"Oh, we'd have lost MORE money if we let it go under!"

Yeah. That's going to fly really well.

You do realize the TEA Party movement you love was because people were angry over the bailouts, don't you?

if you think palin, huckabee and/or perry are viable presidential candidates, you're fucking crazy.

otay?

I think anyone one of them would be more viable than Romney.

The only reason why Romney isn't a complete joke with a weird religion- like Jon Huntsman- is that he is willing to spend the millions he's made off of dodgy deals on these efforts, and the GOP establishment has thrown behind him.

Not because there is any love of him. If Palin or Huckabee jumped in right now, they'd rise to the top of the heap.

Not an issue, here, guy.

The optic is this.

People lost their jobs and houses, and are on the hook for a taxpayer supported bailout that their GRANDCHILDREN will still be paying off.

Please tell me what kind of alternate universe you come from where this doesn't look just horrible to a family living from paycheck to paycheck, hoping some guy in a suit doesn't move his job to Malaysia?

You do realize the TEA Party movement you love was because people were angry over the bailouts, don't you?

you do realize the deal you've got your panties all wadded up about wasn't part of the bail out, right?

that it happened in 1991?

jebus

you do realize the deal you've got your panties all wadded up about wasn't part of the bail out, right?

jebus

Yes, I'm aware of that.

So what?

The notion is still there. The rich reap huge rewards if they win, and the rest of us end up paying for it if they lose. It's still the same optic. Capitalizing reward and socializing risk.

The real problem is we didn't learn anything from the 1989 crash. We let the banks continue on with the same kind of reckless shennanigans....

Not an issue, here, guy.

The optic is this.

jebus
Like I said, Joe the hateful bigot never lets pesky things like "facts" get in the way of his hatred. It's kinda funny and sad at the same time. :badgrin:

jebus

Yes, I'm aware of that.

So what?

The notion is still there. The rich reap huge rewards if they win, and the rest of us end up paying for it if they lose. It's still the same optic. Capitalizing reward and socializing risk.

The real problem is we didn't learn anything from the 1989 crash. We let the banks continue on with the same kind of reckless shennanigans....

blah, blah, blah

i get it. you don't like mitt. you think that palin is electable. you think huckabee and perry are electable.

in short, you're a bigot and not a very bright one.

good on ya

blah, blah, blah

i get it. you don't like mitt. you think that palin is electable. you think huckabee and perry are electable.

in short, you're a bigot and not a very bright one.

good on ya

Duly noted you were unable to answer the point, either.

Can you tell me the last time a blueblood rich guy got elected in the middle of a recession?

Romney's wealth and how he earned it is not going to earn him any votes from people who don't normally vote Republican, anyway.

Can you make a good "business case" for why this was kosher? Maybe.

Will it matter to Joe Working Guy?

NOPE!!!!!

Do you know when McCain lost the last election? It was when he couldn't tell the CNN Reporter how many mansions he owned.

We're pretty sure Romney owns four.

Not an issue, here, guy.

The optic is this.

jebus
Like I said, Joe the hateful bigot never lets pesky things like "facts" get in the way of his hatred. It's kinda funny and sad at the same time. :badgrin:

And it's not a "bailout."

You're a moron if you believe that.

carry on.

Joe's a hater, not a winger ...

Forum List

Back