Bain Capital Explained By Tony Soprano (VIDEO)

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
Tony tells it like it is. Be sure to see video.

The national debate over private equity so far has hinged on the question of whether experience in the field qualifies Mitt Romney, the former Bain Capital executive, for the presidency. But a more vexing, and largely unanswered, question lies just beneath the surface: How is it, exactly, that an investment company can make millions even as the company it's ostensibly trying to turn around goes bust?

For that answer, we turned to what may seem like a less-than-reliable source: Tony Soprano.

The investors profit, it turns out, not despite the failure of the company, but in fact because of it.

So, even though Obama takes shitloads of money from private equity companies... they are bad.

Got it.

Douche.

Sorry KKKonservative, but I never said private equity funds were bad. I said that Bain had pulled some really predatory moves which fucked everyone except for Bain. Tony nailed Bain, not all private equity. Warren Buffet doesn't rape the companies he buys, he builds them.

Tony tells it like it is. Be sure to see video.

The national debate over private equity so far has hinged on the question of whether experience in the field qualifies Mitt Romney, the former Bain Capital executive, for the presidency. But a more vexing, and largely unanswered, question lies just beneath the surface: How is it, exactly, that an investment company can make millions even as the company it's ostensibly trying to turn around goes bust?

For that answer, we turned to what may seem like a less-than-reliable source: Tony Soprano.

The investors profit, it turns out, not despite the failure of the company, but in fact because of it.

Any questions?

In the organized crime world, the business practice is known as a bust out. A group of investors -- in Soprano's case, an entire family -- looks for companies that have a strong underlying business but are in distress thanks to heavy debt burdens. The investors then take over the company. In the mob's case, the family presents the business with a very high-interest loan -- an offer which, under the financial circumstances, is difficult to refuse -- and effectively takes control of the company with the threat of physical violence. Private equity investors, by contrast, buy control of the company's board by purchasing the firm's stock. But for both private equity firms and the mafia, investors use their control of the firm to take on more debt, while at the same time cutting costs by laying off workers.

From the OP.

Corporate raiders.

It was what EVERYONE was calling this type of business at the time.

So, even though Obama takes shitloads of money from private equity companies... they are bad.

Got it.

Douche.

Sorry KKKonservative, but I never said private equity funds were bad. I said that Bain had pulled some really predatory moves which fucked everyone except for Bain. Tony nailed Bain, not all private equity. Warren Buffet doesn't rape the companies he buys, he builds them.

So if the Obama campaign took money from Bain you would be outraged? Right?

Even your hero Warren Buffet liquidated companies he bought.

Could we have found a buyer who would continue operations, I would have certainly preferred to sell the business rather than liquidate it, even if that meant somewhat lower proceeds for us. But the economics that were finally obvious to me were also obvious to others, and interest was nil.

Suck on that, you Holocaust Denying little fuckstain.:up_yours:

Got it.

Douche.

of course not. Everyone knows it's perfectly acceptable for Obama to accept money from the enemy.

Got it.

Douche.

Why? I trust Obama to better manage the excesses of finance than I trust Romney. Romney is more likely to turn his head the other way. If Bain people want to help Obama win, so be it. Since this will be his second term, he won't owe them anything.

Why? I trust Obama to better manage the excesses of finance than I trust Romney. Romney is more likely to turn his head the other way. If Bain people want to help Obama win, so be it. Since this will be his second term, he won't owe them anything.

Hypocrisy goes a long way, doesn't it?

Could we have found a buyer who would continue operations, I would have certainly preferred to sell the business rather than liquidate it, even if that meant somewhat lower proceeds for us. But the economics that were finally obvious to me were also obvious to others, and interest was nil.

What a stupid ass suck you are. Did Buffet saddle the company with unsustainable debt, and pull out a profit? Did he underfund the pensions, and have the taxpayers cover the costs?

No dimwit, but Romney did Bust Out CST.

And keep up your lie that I'm a Holocaust Denier. It shows what a pathetic pestilent pissant you are, KKKonservative. You're clearly the one using Goebbel's tactic of the BIG LIE, brownshirt.

What hypocrisy? Do you expect a candidate to do a complete background check on each donor? That's idiotic.

The more interesting question is why do you think that Romney's former business partners are giving to Obama? Could it be that Romney shamed them with his style of vulture capitalism? Could it be that he was a dolt?

What hypocrisy? Do you expect a candidate to do a complete background check on each donor? That's idiotic.

The more interesting question is why do you think that Romney's former business partners are giving to Obama? Could it be that Romney shamed them with his style of vulture capitalism? Could it be that he was a dolt?

The idiot here is you.

What a stupid ass suck you are. Did Buffet saddle the company with unsustainable debt, and pull out a profit? Did he underfund the pensions, and have the taxpayers cover the costs?

No dimwit, but Romney did Bust Out CST.

And keep up your lie that I'm a Holocaust Denier. It shows what a pathetic pestilent pissant you are, KKKonservative. You're clearly the one using Goebbel's tactic of the BIG LIE, brownshirt.

You can repeat your lies about Bain and Romney all you like. Doesn't magically make them true. The proof of your calling the Holocaust a lie is in my sig, fuckstain.

As for the KKKonservative comment... I dare you. Show me a single post of mine that proves me a racist.

of course not. Everyone knows it's perfectly acceptable for Obama to accept money from the enemy.

see how they think?

The idiot here is you.

In other words, you can't answer why Romney's former business partners have decided not to put their money behind him?

Forum List

Back