Bain Capital: Buyout Profits Keep Flowing to Romney

Romney did not invest in the companies that he managed. He was being paid to manage them. He used a loophole called carried interest to avoid paying income tax. He has Bain pay him as if he is collecting dividends so he avoids income tax.

It's like saying those public union members receiving hefty retirement benefits are still working for the city.

It's like saying those public union members receiving hefty retirement benefits are still working for the city.

I see you trying but you seem to get lost easily. It is more like the union members you refer to have a vested interest in the success of the city and will do anything they can to make sure they get thier retirement checks. Why you injected "work" into the equation is mystifying.

I see you trying but you seem to get lost easily. It is more like the union members you refer to have a vested interest in the success of the city and will do anything they can to make sure they get thier retirement checks. Why you injected "work" into the equation is mystifying.

Romney isn't working for Bain either. That was my point. He made a retirement deal with them, which he has a right to do.

Romney isn't working for Bain either. That was my point. He made a retirement deal with them, which he has a right to do.

Still off track I see. Nobody said he didn't have a right to. The point you are so adverse to consider is that Mitten's still has a vested interest in Bain. Thier decisions affect his income which by the way is more than a hundred times the income he is trying to get in his next job. Oh never mind.. walk yourself though it ..I'm getting tired of this.

Good GAWD you two liberals (HUGGY & Lakhota) are stupid :cuckoo:

Funny how one appears and tries to put forth a "better" arguement for a losing debate :eusa_think:

Good GAWD you two liberals (HUGGY & Lakhota) are stupid :cuckoo:

Funny how one appears and tries to put forth a "better" arguement for a losing debate :eusa_think:
There is an article in the US News and World Report that details the funneling of Bain Capital funds to DNC coffers.

You're an idiot! :cuckoo:

Private Equity Insider Talks Bain Capital Like It Really Is

By Peter Cohan

Private equity (PE) is not about creating jobs, it’s about creating financial structures that siphon cash from portfolio companies to PE partners’ bank accounts. That’s the conclusion of an executive who has spent the last decade working for PE-owned companies.

And one thing that really gets my source –who requested anonymity to stay employed – going is that Mitt Romney loves to talk about how he left Bain Capital 13 years ago. Yet, the source points out that Romney has continued to take profits from Bain Capital ever since.

The source contacted me after reading my May 23rd post about private equity — noting: “[Mitt Romney] takes credit for jobs he did not create, AND he also still gets a cut of the profits of the firm, taxed as carried interest at 15%.”

Since my source pays a 30% tax rate, that 15% really annoys this executive. Why? “PE pays off regulators. There is no way that the income taxed at 15% is a capital gain. That income puts other peoples’ money at risk and it’s a regularly paid income stream. That 15% is an unfair exemption from the tax rate for ordinary income.”

My source “works incredibly hard to meet cash flow targets only to have them snatched away.” This executive argued, “It gauls me that management fees my company pays to Bain Capital go– in some not insignificant part– into Mitt’s pocket, as part of his retirement package from Bain.”

In this executive’s view, that money could be better invested to improve the company. As the executive said, ”Those are dollars my company can’t use to invest in the business or to pay bonuses to valued employees.”

More: Private Equity Insider Talks Bain Capital Like It Really Is - Forbes

So, based on The New York Times article, does anyone honestly believe that Romney does not continue to have considerable management influence with Bain Capital? IF you expect to provide an intelligent response, I highly suggest you read the entire article.

STFU, Whining Bull.

Forum List

Back