Bain Capital: Buyout Profits Keep Flowing to Romney

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE, CHRISTOPHER DREW and JULIE CRESWELL

Almost 13 years ago, Mitt Romney left Bain Capital, the successful private equity firm he had helped start, and moved to Utah to rescue the Salt Lake City Olympic Games and begin a second career in public life.

Yet when it came to his considerable personal wealth, Mr. Romney never really left Bain.

In what would be the final deal of his private equity career, he negotiated a retirement agreement with his former partners that has paid him a share of Bain’s profits ever since, bringing the Romney family millions of dollars in income each year and bolstering the fortune that has helped finance Mr. Romney’s political aspirations.

The arrangement allowed Mr. Romney to pursue his career in public life while enjoying much of the financial upside of being a Bain partner as the company grew into a global investing behemoth.

More: Buyout Profits Keep Flowing to Romney - The New York Times

So, according to The New York Times, Romney never really left Bain Capital and continues to be a major stakeholder.

In 2001, Mr. Romney announced that he had formally transferred his ownership of Bain Capital Inc. to other partners.

dumb ass

Once again, you left off the next sentence:

But behind the scenes, Mr. Romney had negotiated his retirement agreement. Although he would no longer be a partner, he would continue to be paid a part of the firm’s profits in buyout deals and other businesses, much as active partners were.

In 2001, Mr. Romney announced that he had formally transferred his ownership of Bain Capital Inc. to other partners.

dumb ass

But behind the scenes, Mr. Romney had negotiated his retirement agreement. Although he would no longer be a partner, he would continue to be paid a part of the firm’s profits in buyout deals and other businesses, much as active partners were.

RETIREMENT. As in, no longer employed by.

Dumb ass.

RETIREMENT. As in, no longer employed by.

Dumb ass.

Duh, that is clearly stated in The New York Times OP.

Much remains unknown about the Romneys’ remaining holdings in Bain. Federal law does not require candidates to report underlying assets held by hedge funds or private equity firms in which they are invested, since the firms typically do not provide that information to their investors. Moreover, many of the family’s Bain assets reside in Mrs. Romney’s blind trust, which has looser disclosure requirements.

From the OP link.

So, based on The New York Times article, does anyone honestly believe that Romney does not continue to have considerable management influence with Bain Capital? IF you expect to provide an intelligent response, I highly suggest you read the entire article.

So, based on The New York Times article, does anyone honestly believe that Romney does not continue to have considerable management influence with Bain Capital? IF you expect to provide an intelligent response, I highly suggest you read the entire article.

You don't want a intelligent response you want a partisan one or to be more accurate a liberal partisan one. I have stock in several companies I make money off them that does not however give me considerable management influence with any of them.

No, he doesn't.
Prove that he does, simply because he draws a retirement deal that any one of us would LOVE to have.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Mr. Romney had negotiated his retirement agreement

:clap2: Good for him.

Jealous much, Spamkhota?

You don't want a intelligent response you want a partisan one or to be more accurate a liberal partisan one. I have stock in several companies I make money off them that does not however give me considerable management influence with any of them.

Another wingnut who didn't read (and digest) the entire article...

Another wingnut who didn't read (and digest) the entire article...

I just called you on your partisan bullshit neither you or your article provided any proof that Romney has considerable management influence with Bain. Speculation and opinion don't count as proof or facts maybe one day you will catch on to that and be more than a left wing partisan nut job but I doubt it.

Forum List

Back