bain.....Bain.....BAIN.....BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

It is all they got Grampa.
What else are they going to use?
Examples...
Romney started a business from the ground up and was successful!!
Romney had the NERVE to donate 100% of his fathers inheritance..the BASTARD!!
Romney accepted no salary while he was a governor!!! Yeah!!
Romney accepted no salary while working for the U.S. Olympics!!! Even worse!!!

It is all they got.

What business did he start from the ground up?

The more Obama and Dems bring up Bain, the more they appear what many of us have felt for many years.
Dems have become complete anti-capitalists.

This fight is Hopeless. Sorry, the Facts don't matter, the Idea of Companies like Bain being Dirty, and vultures is to easy of a sell to the American People.

The Truth will not matter, and IMO this issue will assure Obama wins.

I'm not ready to go that far. The economy is so bad, and will continue to be, that at some point Americans have to demand another "change".
Will it be in time for November ? Not sure, but I feel ten times more optimistic than I did a year ago.

Let's talk about Obama's utter disdain for our constitution and economy?

I posted the Florida law which creates a PRESUMPTION of guilt in drug cases, and you focus on Obama & the Constitution? Surreal. As for the Bain fixation, enough is enough, though Romney did no more than the many execs working for the corporation, good or bad.

If you take a moment out from posting and check outside your living room window you will notice pigs flying by.

:D

I just gave you positive rep!

Bain is an American business, run by Americans to seek out a profit (like most businesses). Its completely legal and fairly common practice among failing businesses to seek out capital to restructure in order to keep from going under. Its no god damn different than what Obama did with GM except that it is done with PRIVATE equity and not OUR FUCKING MONEY.

If it was so great, why did members of his own party call it "vulture capitalism"?

The more Obama and Dems bring up Bain, the more they appear what many of us have felt for many years.

Really? Then why is the guy trying to get into the White House trying to distance himself from his own company now?

Seems to me he oughtta just say, "Hey, that's capitalism and I'm a capitalist." Shouldn't matter how Bain made payola for Mittens during those few years he was gone, right?

:eusa_whistle:

Bain is an American business, run by Americans to seek out a profit (like most businesses). Its completely legal and fairly common practice among failing businesses to seek out capital to restructure in order to keep from going under. Its no god damn different than what Obama did with GM except that it is done with PRIVATE equity and not OUR FUCKING MONEY.

If it was so great, why did members of his own party call it "vulture capitalism"?

Because they were trying to get the Republican nomination much like the Democrats did to each other in 08.

Really? Then why is the guy trying to get into the White House trying to distance himself from his own company now?

Seems to me he oughtta just say, "Hey, that's capitalism and I'm a capitalist." Shouldn't matter how Bain made payola for Mittens during those few years he was gone, right?

It's pretty obvious he's running away from something that happened over those three years. Who else is waiting for the other shoe to drop? I don't see how he survives the convention, much less the a general election! :doubt:

Most businesses that would use a company like Bain are already in financial distress.

You won't hear Obama admitting that. Why should he? This tactic appears to be working.

Nope. Not true. Businesses went to Bane (spelled thus on purpose - look it up). They went to Bain for help to save their company. Bain promised they would do just that, but then, after sucking it dry, destroyed it and fired the workers.

YOU ALL KNOW THIS. STOP PRETENDING YOU DON'T KNOW IT.

Even if that were not the case, Bain is the worst kind of business. Its not called VULTURE capitalism for nothing.

STOP PRETENDING YOU DON'T KNOW THAT AS WELL.

You seem to be avoiding the fact bain employs lots of people outside of the country based on Romney's decisions. They also took jobs away from americans to do so. Don't get me wrong, this is a great tactic that is allowed to help businesses increase their profit margin by paying a lot less for labor. It works well for the people who take profits from bain, but it actually hurts the US people and through that the standing of the US.

This is the problem with your argument, it is very basic. It does not take into account the entire issue. It is like the arguments a first year student presents. It does not include the entire range of consequences because you are not capable of making an advanced argument so you take an issue completely out of it's context and argue it based on an environment that lacks anything but that issue. It is something that is done to teach students about consequences in a simple way, but it doesn't exist in the real world because there are other parts of the environment you completely fail to consider.

Oh, and i am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are ignorant and not incapable of making an actual argument. Please don't bitch at me for giving you the cre4dit that you could learn something and grow a brain.

It has been widely reported that 2/3 businesses or more seeking help from Bain have come out stronger. It is not widely reported that if those same companies had not sought help a vast majority of them would not have survived their fiscal problems and even more jobs would have been lost as a result.

It has also been noted that many of those businesses were there when Romney was not. But since we have Romney lying about his time at Bain and what he did we really cannot take his claims at face value anymore, he needs to release proof of his actions at bain.
Romney was hired to run this PRIVATE entity and his baseline goal was to maintain or increase profits. He did is job and reportedly did it well. Some of Bains current and former big wigs who happen to be democrats and a couple are even huge Obama donors or bundlers have stated that Obama's line of attack is simply wrong. Having said that it matters not as private industry working within the confines of the law is to be admired not shunned.

Not for nothing, I am pretty sure most voters would not understand the differences between running a for profit private enterprise and running a government. They are entirely different. yes, obama could take that route, but along the lines of most americans this is probably better than confusing the idiots.

One must also note this is not Obama's choice. Mittens has made 2 claims for why he would be good at being the president as opposed to Obama. the first is that he is not Obama. The second one is what he bases his entire argument for being good for america, and that is his time at bain. Obama is simply responding to that argument. That is called argument and debate. i knw it makes mittens cry and whine like a little bitch, but if your only positive argument for your abilities is that you ran a succesful business you should expect your opponent to hammer that argument. Perhaps if mittens had other good qualities aside from being a corporate raider he could fall back on something else, but that is his fault.

As far as the SEC documents are concerned, current DEMOCRATIC Bain officials have stated that after Romneys departure it took a couple of years to cement his replacement and as a result Romneys name was left atop the paperwork as a name must be provided by law. Since his replacement had yet to be found it was a formality that left his name atop the paperwork and that Romney was in no way involved with the day to day practices or decisions of Bain. They are Obama supporters and donors people, dont you think if they saw an opportunity to throw his opponent under the bus they would take it? Or do you think they are the 9th biggest donor to the DNC and are just trying to cut off their own noses? Use your fucking heads.

He signed the papers and remained in his position. if he wanted to have his name left off and no longer collect money for doing that job he should have fully resigned. I don't even blame him for taking an easy paycheck and moving onto other things while still doing some work for bain. It probably made him even more money, and seems like a wise decision for his own wealth.

Now, since we only have the claims Mittens made which he clearly tried to hide and lie about, i am wondering where you get your assumptions from? Are we to assume you worked for bain capital and can confirm any of this? If not we only have the word of mittens, and his corporate partners who are probably going to have a much easier time making money under mittens presidency. All of you are quite unreliable so that leaves mittens title and signature which say he was managing for bain. Perhaps if mittens had chosen to be honest, his company wasn't a bunch of profit mongering greedy bastards, and you were not such an ignorant twit we could trust something any of you say. Those things are not obama's fault.
I know the goal is to tag Romney with the outsourcing that happened after he left but the stories dont add up. Secondly it WAS NOT Romneys job to protect American jobs. He wasn't and still isnt POTUS.

So which is it? Do the stories not add up and the documents are all forged by Obama and his time machine, or should we recognize that mittens is a greedy corporate tool which is great for his income but terrible for america? Even you cannot rely on the idea that mittens was not there. You even have to resort to excusing actions you claim he never took. What does that say about your entire argument that you cannot believe mittens was not in charge of bain capital?

Oh, and notice i did not say there was anything illegal about making gobs of money off the destruction of others. It is called capitalism, and it has it's bad points too.
Obama on the other had is solely tasked with protecting the American people and their interests. Protecting Bains very right to conduct their business as they see fit as long as they don't violate the law. But rather than protect their right to perform the functions of their business he demonizes them. Where is his demonization of GE? They have outsourced far more jobs than they have created here in America since Immelt took over. Not only that they paid zip on billions in proffits through tax loopholes. What does Obama do? He fucking hires their CEO to represent the average American hunting for a job. What a joke.

I don't think the CEO of GE is running against him, but obama has demonized american businesses like GE who operate at a huge profit and do not pay taxes. He has been going on for a long time about how the tax loopholes should be shut, and how we should raise their tax rates. I think you should remember one of your other arguments that obama hates corporate america because he wants to tax them. You just totally ignored one of your other whining points. This goes back to the beginning where I said you are making arguments out of context.
If Obama and you numbskulls can find nothing else to harp about for the next 3.5 months, you're done as is Obama.

Oh I am sure obama will say something new for you and mittens to whine and bitch about in the next couple of months.

You seem to be avoiding the fact bain employs lots of people outside of the country based on Romney's decisions. .

You seem to to be avoiding the fact that companies can not print money like the federal government does.

You seem to to be avoiding the fact that companies can not send IRS agents to loot, plunder and confiscate.

Forum List

Back