Bailouts are to Creationism as Capitalism is to Darwinism

Lets see if this gets any traction.

This is my basic thought pattern here with the bailouts and the economy.

Capitalists are believers in economic dariwnism. Basically the strong survive and eat up/kill off the weak.

absolutely true.

Bailout lovers are believer in economic creationism. Basically the strong are too strong and the weak deserve government help to survive in the face of the strong.

Doesn't jive with "too big to fail".

Regardless, when the government intervenes in the market it simply causes problems.

when government DOESN'T intervene, you end up in a Dickensian hell where only very rich and very poor exist.

a viable democracy requires a strong middle class...and the only thing preserving the middle class is government controls.

or you could live in a banana republic, i suppose.

It's the government that destroys the middle class through it's policy of inflation and interest rate manipulation.

naaa. Wages rise with inflation, as do the values of assets denominated in currency, there is no loss of wealth whatsoever.

The only people who lose money are those holding cash.

Think about it, inflation is net neutral.

when government DOESN'T intervene, you end up in a Dickensian hell where only very rich and very poor exist.

a viable democracy requires a strong middle class...and the only thing preserving the middle class is government controls.

or you could live in a banana republic, i suppose.

The only reason why this is true in the first place is because government intervenes on behalf of capital in the first place accelerating wealth disparity formation.

To see evidence of this just look at former eras wherein corporations were strictly limited in their scope of affairs, were prohibited from owning one another, and granted charters that lasted a few decades, or until the specific task for which they were formed was complete.

There was no potential for monopoly to develop or extreme wealth to accumulate. However with the advent of immortal corps with full rights of people plus numerous additional rights.......well simply apply the same math to wealth creation that you apply to compound interest equations: Compound interest doesn't amount to much over a decade. a 3% annual return over 10 years only yields a 35% ROI. But over 80 years a 3% return yields a 1064% ROI.

Allowing immortal wealth directly facilitates that kind of wealth accumulation.

Lets see if this gets any traction.

This is my basic thought pattern here with the bailouts and the economy.

Capitalists are believers in economic dariwnism. Basically the strong survive and eat up/kill off the weak.

absolutely true.

Bailout lovers are believer in economic creationism. Basically the strong are too strong and the weak deserve government help to survive in the face of the strong.

Doesn't jive with "too big to fail".

You are right it doesn't jive with too big to fail now that i re-read how I wrote it.

By "weak" i meant giant companies like GM that received bailouts but have operational structure that is to weak to succeed and compete in the marketplace without help.

When Bush and the Republicans gave trillions in tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires and then those same millionaires and billionaires moved millions of jobs to China and then Republicans forced even more debt on Americans while they held millions of unemployed hostage, "what" was it the Republicans were "eating"? Please explain.

It's not like you can deny it. Building hi tech in China costs hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars. Even Republicans have to know where that money came from? American companies don't build overseas for free. Someone has to pay for it. Who do Republicans think paid for it? Not China, they were living on rice paddies. Notice the use of the word "were"?

When Bush and the Republicans gave trillions in tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires and then those same millionaires and billionaires moved millions of jobs to China and then Republicans forced even more debt on Americans while they held millions of unemployed hostage, "what" was it the Republicans were "eating"? Please explain.

It's not like you can deny it. Building hi tech in China costs hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars. Even Republicans have to know where that money came from? American companies don't build overseas for free. Someone has to pay for it. Who do Republicans think paid for it? Not China, they were living on rice paddies. Notice the use of the word "were"?

How does my thread get you to the point where you posted that?

I'm talking about how those who believe that bailouts and tax dollars going to private companies as being necessary are akin to creationists while those who said let the weak fail and the strong survive are akin to evolutionists.

Forum List

Back