Bail-Out Studebaker & Launch Stock IPO to Create American Jobs

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head

The dummycrats are cheering the governments bail-out of General Motors as a smashing success. These idiots applaude GMs IPO today fetching $33 a share from foreign governments for a small portion of shares that the Government paid $44 a share for. They think losing over $11 a share is great.

I bet Obama could revive Studabaker or Packard & make them into more job creating Great American success stories just like GM.

Good work by GM to get themselves on sound footing

The US people made a wise investment
:cuckoo:

The dummycrats are cheering the governments bail-out of General Motors as a smashing success. These idiots applaude GMs IPO today fetching $33 a share from foreign governments for a small portion of shares that the Government paid $44 a share for. They think losing over $11 a share is great.

I bet Obama could revive Studabaker or Packard & make them into more job creating Great American success stories just like GM.

I think they should bring back the Edsel

edsel.jpg

Studebaker auto company rising from the ashes of bankruptcy
There is some precedent for an auto company rising from the ashes of bankruptcy — Studebaker — although the brand did eventually disappear some 30 years later partly due to a major problem now plaguing Detroit: cumbersome labor costs.

After 80 years in the vehicle business that started by making horse-drawn buggies, Studebaker sunk into the red for the first time during the Great Depression in 1932. It landed in bankruptcy court in 1933 and convinced the judge it was best to let the company survive. With the judge's OK, it soon started an aggressive, unprecedented $100,000 ad campaign themed "Studebaker Carries On."

Donald Critchlow, a business historian who wrote Studebaker: The Life and Death of an American Corporation, said the automaker's ads promoted their cooperation with labor to keep people working, which kept the company in the public eye. Studebaker used public relations effectively by staging a massive company rally at Notre Dame Stadium near its headquarters in South Bend, Ind., inviting the celebs of the day along with reporters from radio, newspapers and movie news reels. These efforts generated "warm feelings" among Americans for Studebaker.

Studebaker dropped many of its dealers and models during its time in bankruptcy, but it emerged in March 1935. The company actually increased its position in the marketplace in 1934, tallying nearly 62,000 new-vehicle registrations vs. almost 27,000 the prior year, moving it from 10th to eighth place. It was only one of four automakers during the Depression to do so that year.

Critchlow, now a professor at St. Louis University, said he doesn't accept the claims from GM and Chrysler that bankruptcy will their halt vehicle sales since Americans bought cars from Studebaker during its darkest days. He acknowledged today's general slowdown in new-vehicle demand.

Studebaker survived another 30 years, said Critchlow, and Americans still had a positive nostalgia for the company when its last car rolled off the assembly line in 1966. "It's amazing to me," he said, "how little sense of history people in business and especially in automotive have today."

edsel.jpg

They did...

volt.jpg

laught16.gif

edsel.jpg

They did...

volt.jpg

laught16.gif

All I can say is....wow.......:hellno:

You illustrate precisely why we are in the hole due to these Statists. Why we are where we are...and this is a drop in the bucket. It isn't their money is it?

I wonder how the unions there at GM feel knowing that they have a part of screwing their fellow citizens?

Good thread.

edsel.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

"Here to stay."

New Topics

Forum List

Back