Bahrain Claims it has just Found a Monster oil Field

This thread is in Stock Market, NOT Politics.

Stay on topic

No explanation of how it was found was given in the Bloomberg report I saw on TV, which I find suspicious.
Do they cross drill?
I would not be surprised but I do not know. I was planning on going back in the den to catch up if possible when I saw this alert. Soon as I post I am going to have some soup while I check for more information then I am going to hit the hay.

No explanation of how it was found was given in the Bloomberg report I saw on TV, which I find suspicious.
Do they cross drill?
I would not be surprised but I do not know. I was planning on going back in the den to catch up if possible when I saw this alert. Soon as I post I am going to have some soup while I check for more information then I am going to hit the hay.
They Israeli government has been cross drilling for years. Not like the tech is new.

Interesting-
Bahrain Makes Largest Oil Discovery In 32 Years
“The find represents the largest discovery of oil in the kingdom since 1932, when extraction started on Bahrain’s first oil well within the Bahrain Oil Field,” the state-run Bahrain News Agency reported on Sunday.

“The new resource is forecast to contain highly significant quantities of tight oil and deep gas, understood to dwarf Bahrain’s current reserves.”

However, full details on the size of the new light shale oil and gas find or on the expected date of the start of production were not provided.

“The discovery, which is expected to support extensive, long-term downstream activities, follows a recent uplift in oil and gas exploration projects,” the news agency said.

“Last year the [Higher] Committee [for Natural Resources and Economic Security] took the decision to accelerate initiatives to explore sites to the west of Bahrain, which resulted in the discovery of the resource and oil being struck in the fourth quarter of 2017.”

I also found this-

Initial analysis demonstrates the find is at substantial levels, capable of supporting the long-term extraction of tight oil and deep gas,” Bahrain Oil Minister Shaikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa said in the BNA report.

Consultants DeGolyer & MacNaughton evaluated the field, and Bahrain plans to provide additional details on Wednesday about the reservoir’s “size and extraction viability,” according to BNA.

Bahrain announces biggest oil find since 1932

still little hard information
Here is more today, if you haven’t seen it-
Bahrain Seeks Big Oil's Help to Develop New Shale Discovery
Bahrain will invite international oil companies to help it develop its first major discovery in decades, hoping to begin production within five years.

The oldest and smallest energy producer in the Persian Gulf relies on crude exports for most of its revenue, and its finances have been strained by lower oil prices. Production from the new discovery could one day reach 200,000 barrels a day, local newspaper Al-Ayam reported, citing Abdulrahman Ali Buali, a member of Bahrain’s Council of Representatives. That could help trim Bahrain’s deficit, but wouldn’t elevate it into the top ranks of global producers.

The amount of oil and gas that can be recovered from hard-to-reach pockets in shale rocks under the sea is uncertain, and development is potentially an expensive proposition. Halliburton Co. will drill two wells this year in the offshore Khaleej Al Bahrain Basin to appraise how much of the oil contained underground is actually recoverable.

“Only a fraction of the 80-plus billion barrels is likely to be recoverable,” Tom Quinn, senior analyst for Middle East upstream at consultant Wood Mackenzie Ltd., said by email. “The oil will also be technically challenging and potentially high cost to develop,” while Bahrain’s previous oil contracts offered meager returns for international oil companies, he said.

It’s not clear how much the field can produce or how much it will cost to develop, Oil Minister Shaikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa said at a news conference in Bahrain. International oil companies will be invited to join once there’s more data, he said. The island nation last year produced about 49,000 barrels a day of crude from its only wholly owned field, a figure it plans to double by 2020.

Bahrain’s oil minister and energy executives detailed the find at a press conference, saying the tight oil was discovered in the offshore Khalij Al-Bahrain Basin, which spans some 2,000 square kilometers (770 square miles) in shallow waters off the country’s western coast.

The field also contains an estimated 14 trillion cubic feet of gas.

Bahrain’s largest oil find estimated at 80 billion barrels.

Yet another leftist doomsday narrative drowns in oil.

Forum List

Back