Bah Humbug

S

sky dancer

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who feels down in the dumps or hates Christmas.

I've never liked Christmas.

Change the avatar please. Thanks.

Don't like it. You're not on the list and not invited to the party. Do without. Cool with me.

You're not invited to this party either. Give people who don't like Christmas a opportunity to say so.

Censor.

You're not invited to this party either. Give people who don't like Christmas a opportunity to say so.

Censor.

I think he just did.

The goofy, good for nothing, sourpuss thread is still here, ain't it?

I love Christmas! :)

Merry Christmas, Sky.

Merry Christmas, Dis.

I don't celebrate Christmas. Do you have any other wish for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Blessings? Nice wish.

Thank you.

I took my friend, Denise in to the hospital today for surgery. M and I went shopping, just the usual things we shop for, considering that our town has one grocery store, an Ace Hardware and a Longs Drugs, and we were in the 'big' city of Redding.

Everywhere crowds, traffic, moronic Christmas music, and people wishing us Merry Christmas. I started telling M about why I hate Christmas.

Christmas fits for intact families, it never worked for mine. We were a Humpty Dumpty family. Humpty fell off the wall, and all the kings horses couldn't put him back together again.

Christmas is a sad reminder of the truth of how things are in my family. There is no there-there.

Then there were all the deaths. So many losses. One happened on Christmas eve, one on Christmas day.

We started to attend Buddhist retreats to avoid Christmas. That has been the only thing that works for me, to go off into the woods and get snowed in, and not even know what day it is. That I love. Being present. Praying, meditating, making offerings.

I don't love Christmas rituals. They are meaningless to me. I have no problem wishing someone a Merry Christmas sincerely, but I don't need some aggressive phoney shoving their tinsel down my throat.

Don't assume everyone universally loves Christmas or should love Christmas.

I remember when I was a kid growing up in L.A., there was this one house that had a sign on its roof visible from the freeway (I can't remember which one) that said "Bah Humbug!"

I remember when I was a kid growing up in L.A., there was this one house that had a sign on its roof visible from the freeway (I can't remember which one) that said "Bah Humbug!"

I bet that was my house.

Forum List

Back