Bag of uncounted ballots found

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
Hmmmm.... wonder who most of those ballots were cast for.

I will bet ya that the Dem wins in that race... it seems when they are at risk of losing, they magically find a bag of ballots. :rolleyes:

Congrats to another "winner" :clap:

Where is Jimmy Carter when we need him?

Is this the story you're referring to?

Bridgeport Votes in Black Gym Back Stir Controversy in Connecticut Governor Election - Metropolis - WSJ

Bill Finch, the mayor of Bridgeport, Conn., announced his city’s vote totals in Connecticut’s chaotic governor’s race at a dawn press conference Friday, after elections workers hand-counted ballots through the night under the gaze of lawyers and press. That tally included about 330 ballots contained in a black gym bag from a Bridgeport high school that had not previously not been counted.

As The Journal reported earlier, the vote from Bridgeport appears to be enough to make Democrat Dan Malloy the winner of a gubernatorial election. Before counting the votes from Connecticut’s biggest city, which ran short of officially printed ballot on Election Day, Republican Tom Foley held a narrow lead.

The secretary of state has yet to certify the results.

The ballots in the black gym bag have become a point of contention in the vote-counting turmoil. Republicans, including those in Foley’s camp, had speculated that the ballots had been “missing” and then were “found.” Democratic officials said the ballots had been locked in a safe on Tuesday night.

For reasons that remain unclear, Bridgeport officials decided to recount other ballots before performing an initial count on the black-bag ballots, a Democratic official said.

“The bottom line is, you can only count one ballot at a time,” said Finch, Bridgeport’s mayor, on Friday. “What’s to say another stack on the table next to Mrs. Smith wasn’t counted until all the Danish were finished. Who’s to say?”

The mayor said workers counted only the ballots cast before hours were extended by a judge’s ruling, allowing two additional hours of voting after the city ran short on officially printed ballots on Tuesday. He said just 100 votes were cast in the city after the original 8 p.m. deadline — not enough to swing the election.

I will bet ya that the Dem wins in that race... it seems when they are at risk of losing, they magically find a bag of ballots. :rolleyes:

I was going to ask if it had a billion Dem votes in it? LOL! :lol:

The same shinnanigans are going on in Alaska with Joe Miller.... they decided to count ballots today and didnt notify his camp of it. So no rep from his camp was there to observe.

This is just rediculous. Oh, and they moved the recount to Juno and bumped it up a few days, so it just makes it that much more difficult to verify the count....

Wow the dishonesty is sickening.... these will most likely not go to the Republican.

What a shock! This kind of crap will sink the Republicans.... they should be supporting Joe Miller. Instead, they are sitting back and lending as little help as they can to Joe Miller, THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE!

I was going to ask if it had a billion Dem votes in it? LOL! :lol:

No, but I heard it was close to 200 million votes a day :lol:

Forum List

Back