Bad Tv

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
Post up shows that aren't any good. Current shows first but if you thought some from the past were cringe worthy feel free.

The Orville is terrible. The 'jokes' are flat as a flounder and it's hard to tell if they mean it to be a comedy or a dramedy or wth. The interior of the ship is bland and the whole production looks like a weak ripoff of Star Trek TNG. The exterior ship designs aren't bad.

Seth MacFarlane can't act. He's the guy that does Family Guy and Family Guy is one of those shows that is good every episode. I love that show. MacFarlane though is a nerd that has always wanted to be on Broadway and in movies or on tv but he doesn't have the talent for that. He should stick with the cartoon, it is great.

The Orville looks like a show MacFarlane made because he always wanted to be Capt Kirk or Picard in a tv show. I predict this show will last half a season if that. It's just bad.

It often takes time to get a show's chemistry right. Other times, the chemistry is there, but the show just doesn't go. One example, IMO, was Mockingbird Lane. I loved the show. A remake of the Munsters from the 1960's. I thought that it was played well, and the take on it with modern special effects was damned good. But it wasn't picked up by the studio, probably those aforementioned special effects.

The early season's of the British Top Gear appeared frankly terrible. The format kept modifying, and they even had a dog for a while, although why, no one could say. It was almost as if the producers were throwing things out there to see what the audience liked. Then the show caught fire, and the three greatest idiots in the world became world wide icons. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May. Now, the three greatest idiots in the world are on Amazon doing pretty much the same thing, and I like it, because I like the three idiots.

So how did this program become the world wide phenomenon we know as Top Gear? The BBC stayed with the show, even when it wasn't doing well. It gave them the time to find the chemistry, the formula that people would love.

A rip off of Star Trek can be fun. Look at Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest. The movie was hilarious. It made fun of Star Trek, Science Fiction fans, and the stars of the show all at the same time. But it was set in a serious Sci Fi movie. The funny thing is I read somewhere, and it may well be BS, that Amazon is thinking about a Galaxy Quest series.

I loathe Mcfarland and refuse to watch anything he is in. Including that stupid cartoon show.

Same with Seth Rogan.

Most of TV is bad.

It often takes time to get a show's chemistry right. Other times, the chemistry is there, but the show just doesn't go. One example, IMO, was Mockingbird Lane. I loved the show. A remake of the Munsters from the 1960's. I thought that it was played well, and the take on it with modern special effects was damned good. But it wasn't picked up by the studio, probably those aforementioned special effects.

The early season's of the British Top Gear appeared frankly terrible. The format kept modifying, and they even had a dog for a while, although why, no one could say. It was almost as if the producers were throwing things out there to see what the audience liked. Then the show caught fire, and the three greatest idiots in the world became world wide icons. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May. Now, the three greatest idiots in the world are on Amazon doing pretty much the same thing, and I like it, because I like the three idiots.

So how did this program become the world wide phenomenon we know as Top Gear? The BBC stayed with the show, even when it wasn't doing well. It gave them the time to find the chemistry, the formula that people would love.

A rip off of Star Trek can be fun. Look at Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest. The movie was hilarious. It made fun of Star Trek, Science Fiction fans, and the stars of the show all at the same time. But it was set in a serious Sci Fi movie. The funny thing is I read somewhere, and it may well be BS, that Amazon is thinking about a Galaxy Quest series.

The actors were very good in Galaxy Quest, and even though I didn't like the premise of the movie it was entertaining. I like watching Sigourney Weaver. I can't comment much on the 'reality' shows as I don't watch any of them save one or two. Seinfeld took 2-3 seasons to become a viable hit and you're right that is one of those shows that they could easily have given up on.

Last edited:
I loathe Mcfarland and refuse to watch anything he is in. Including that stupid cartoon show.

Same with Seth Rogan.

Most of TV is bad.

I agree most of TV is bad. I do like Family Guy and the Simpsons. I like Seth Rogan in general but he just isn't a talented actor. He's just adequate. One thing on TV I'm waiting for is SNL doing more bits in October of David S. Pumpkins. The concept is so dumb but Tom Hanks could play a rock sitting on a sand dune and make it good. :cool:

I do watch tv..but it is TreeHouse guy, cooking shows like Master Chef and Cutthroat Kitchen etc, Finding Your Roots, movies from time to time. The rest of it is pretty much crap.

The recent menu of rehashed game shows is weird. There were many game shows from the 70s and 80s that even back then I thought were too stupid to be on tv like The Gong Show and What's My Line. But they have brought these back, I assume because the current generation has some nostalgia going on? I honestly don't get it.

That is one of the great things about Youtube, you can go back and watch the shows that were good. Many of them have full episodes available on Youtube.

Post up shows that aren't any good. Current shows first but if you thought some from the past were cringe worthy feel free.

The Orville is terrible. The 'jokes' are flat as a flounder and it's hard to tell if they mean it to be a comedy or a dramedy or wth. The interior of the ship is bland and the whole production looks like a weak ripoff of Star Trek TNG. The exterior ship designs aren't bad.

Seth MacFarlane can't act. He's the guy that does Family Guy and Family Guy is one of those shows that is good every episode. I love that show. MacFarlane though is a nerd that has always wanted to be on Broadway and in movies or on tv but he doesn't have the talent for that. He should stick with the cartoon, it is great.

The Orville looks like a show MacFarlane made because he always wanted to be Capt Kirk or Picard in a tv show. I predict this show will last half a season if that. It's just bad.

I watched it last night, what total crap.the jokes were like a 7 year old wrote them.

Pure garbage

hey i thought it was better than any of these useless reality shows that seem to thrive with those that are not able to follow a story line......

Forum List

Back