Bad Post Posters

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2004
52.5 N 1.5 W
Last time I left this site I had 3 red squares. Now I have 6. Hmmmm...

I don't know how the 'bad post' system works because I've never bad posted anyone's post. It seems logical to me that the whole point of the 'bad post' system is to inform the (busy) moderators about somebody who has broken the site rules and hence placed the future of this message board in jeopardy (likely, given the litigation culture we live in).

I have never threatened the president/public figures or anyone else.
I have never subjected anyone to personal insults.
I don't have a habit of using foul language.
And, I would expect to be banned immediately if I had done so, or broken any other site rules.

Therefore I must conclude that I get bad posted for saying things that other people disagree with, which seems pretty pathetic on the part of the people who bad post me. Unless ofcourse this board is solely in existence for the purpose of allowing a group of likeminded people to congratulate each other on how wonderful they all are. I notice that other posters who disagree with the majority view here seem to have 'bad'(ish) reputations.

If making comments/posing questions/discussing about the human condition makes me an internet troll then I am guilty - but, in that case, you 'bad post' posters are worse. Closed minded blinkered bigots, cos I've seen some far more offensive things on this site than the (stupid or not) questions/comments I post.

PS. I am pretty new to this site and so please do correct me if I have completely got the wrong end of the stick on this one.
PPS. Does anyone wish to bad post this 'bad post posters' post?

8236 said:

I don't know how the 'bad post' system works because I've never bad posted anyone's post. It seems logical to me that the whole point of the 'bad post' system is to inform the (busy) moderators about somebody who has broken the site rules and hence placed the future of this message board in jeopardy (likely, given the litigation culture we live in).

And, I would expect to be banned immediately if I had done so, or broken any other site rules.

Therefore I must conclude that I get bad posted for saying things that other people disagree with, which seems pretty pathetic on the part of the people who bad post me. Unless ofcourse this board is solely in existence for the purpose of allowing a group of likeminded people to congratulate each other on how wonderful they all are. I notice that other posters who disagree with the majority view here seem to have 'bad'(ish) reputations.

If making comments/posing questions/discussing about the human condition makes me an internet troll then I am guilty - but, in that case, you 'bad post' posters are worse. Closed minded blinkered bigots, cos I've seen some far more offensive things on this site than the (stupid or not) questions/comments I post.

PS. I am pretty new to this site and so please do correct me if I have completely got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

I see it as just a fun popularity system. Kind of like high school. Fun and games. I don't think it's supposed to indicate rule breaking or anything like that. That's my understanding. I think I'll nail you on this one for being a whiner!

8236, as I see it, most posters give good points to posts they think are very well written, or which they would otherwise post something like this:
------------------------
:clap: :clap: :clap:
------------------------

Likewise, the bad points go to posts which people think are stupid, ridiculous, trolling, lies, etc., keeping people from posting stuff like this:
------------------------
:bsflag: :bs1: :stupid: :duh:
------------------------

Like RWA said, it's more of how people perceive your posts than it is a violation of rules.

I appreciate the 'trolling' and 'lies' points which are valid. And also appreciate that it is not about rule breaking (otherwise I would no longer be able to post this reply).

However, for all the moronic things that I have ever posted I have found plenty of other posters who have posted moronic posts. They don't seem to get 'red squared'. So, it seems obvious to me that people don't like hearing the truth.;)

Having 6 six red squares (when only 1 other member has any more than 1) simply makes me notorious and stand out and makes people pay more attention to me than would(should) otherwise be justified. Lol :)

PS you didn't bad post me! I was on -507 before!

8236 said:
I appreciate the 'trolling' and 'lies' points which are valid. And also appreciate that it is not about rule breaking (otherwise I would no longer be able to post this reply).

However, for all the moronic things that I have ever posted I have found plenty of other posters who have posted moronic posts. They don't seem to get 'red squared'. So, it seems obvious to me that people don't like hearing the truth.;)

Having 6 six red squares (when only 1 other member has any more than 1) simply makes me notorious and stand out and makes people pay more attention to me than would(should) otherwise be justified. Lol :)

PS you didn't bad post me! I was on -507 before!

It's Pity A Tard Day. I decided not to.
:cof:

i gave you some points. You happy? I cant believe your whining about something so irrelevant.

i gave you some points. You happy? I cant believe your whining about something so irrelevant.

I'm entertaining myself - as you appear to be doing by replying :)

Sir Evil said:
I am sure it is this type of attitude that has brought you the current ranking!
perhaps being open minded to exactly how the truth is perceived to others may help.:rolleyes:

I was joking with that:)

adding another point now, lol. I just plain dont like you. You havent proven anything that youve posted. you merely come on here and try to pass your opinion off as fact and then jet out of here. So others must think like i do. That you have provided nothing to the conversation and are a troll to the boards.

insein said:
adding another point now, lol. I just plain dont like you. You havent proven anything that youve posted. you merely come on here and try to pass your opinion off as fact and then jet out of here. So others must think like i do. That you have provided nothing to the conversation and are a troll to the boards.

Sorry, you've lost me. I'm not passing anything off as 'fact' and I'm not trying to 'prove' anything. I'm thinking out loud.
Don't like me then. I have no opinion on you - I don't know you.
As for your last bit - I can understand u not liking me as I would probably disagree with you on issues, which would obviously make me a troll.

Internet troll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

On the Internet, troll is a slang term used to describe:

1. A post (on a newsgroup, or other forum) that is solely intended to incite controversy or conflict or cause annoyance or offense. (Many posts may inadvertently cause strife as collateral damage, but they are not trolls.)

2. A person who posts these.

The term has negative connotations, and is often applied as an insult, while simultaneously being claimed as a 'badge of honour' by troll organizations or individuals. Sincere but controversial or naive posters are sometimes mis-labeled as trolls, but the term is generally considered to be correctly applied only to those looking to provoke outrage or discord.

A troll's reactions to being identified as a troll can vary widely depending on the forum in which the exchange takes place. Any person unjustly accused of being a troll may be hurt and express indignation. A troll will sometimes react with verbal abuse, raising the stakes with inflammatory remarks maligning the motivation of the accuser. If a person pursues his/her perceived enemy from site to site, that is most certainly a troll.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates or gadflies, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are "trolling" in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true "Devil's Advocates" generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to fundamental attribution error, as it is difficult to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal of inciting conflict.

8236, I don't think you're a troll. I think you actually believe your own lunacy!

rtwngAvngr said:
8236, I don't think you're a troll. I think you actually believe your own lunacy!

Don't know about that, but I do no that I definately don't believe your's.

This damn thread is halarious !! Sympathy rep points ! THis guy 8 is a trip !! :banana: I am gonna give you points dude ! My good deed has been accompished for the day ! :D

I get lots of negative points because people don't like my politics or beliefs, not if I were lying or flaming, etc. Some bylines for my negative points include: "Vote Bush!" and "Take your faggot talking somewhere else you sick fuck". People very often are vulgar, hateful, and prejudice on these boards, but it seems to go largely unnoticed. Liberals get red dots, by and large.

8236 said:

My new HERO!!!! hahaha! I could swear I gave you a positive for this post and I could also SWEAR that your - got greater! :dunno:

Don't worry Sandy and I will luv ya!!!!!

nakedemperor said:
I get lots of negative points because people don't like my politics or beliefs, not if I were lying or flaming, etc. Some bylines for my negative points include: "Vote Bush!" and "Take your faggot talking somewhere else you sick fuck" (Pale Rider). People very often are vulgar, hateful, and prejudice on these boards, but it seems to go largely unnoticed. Liberals get red dots, by and large.

Boo fuckin hoo ! :rolleyes:

janeeng said:
My new HERO!!!! hahaha! I could swear I gave you a positive for this post and I could also SWEAR that your - got greater! :dunno:

Don't worry Sandy and I will luv ya!!!!!

Hey 8, you rock dude ... Consider Janeen and I your USMB saviour ! :cof:

Forum List

Back