Bad Political Slogan

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
The school district next to me is trying to pass a levy. Their slogan is:

The Future Is Now

WTF?

Which educational genius thought this up? The future might could be just about anything but it can never be "now".

Discuss.

That's the result of people being too cheap to hire a marketing/advertising person to come up with a slogan. You get what you pay for.

The Future Is Now

WTF?

Which educational genius thought this up? The future might could be just about anything but it can never be "now".
Discuss.
What they're trying to say Madeline is that Now is the Future, as opposed to the past which can't be the future because as we all know, that's the past.

Hope that helps. :D

Last edited:
I agree, it can't be now, because it didn't occur yet. In space time there is no future, because it occurs before it happens. We only see a past. A blurr of a speeding object is after it happens.

Do you want to see it again?

Last edited:
  • Banned
dude_wtf.gif

The Future Is Now

WTF?

Discuss.
What they're trying to say Madeline is that Now is the Future, as opposed to the past which can't be the future because as we all know, that's the past.

Hope that helps. :D
Actually, what you think is 'now' is the past, since it takes a short period of time for information (light, sound, and so on) to reach your eyes, ears, and such and the signals to reach your brain and be processed so you can create a model of the universe around you.

We never experience now until it's gone.

It follows, then, that what we call the 'future'- at least part of it- will be the 'now' by the time we've thought of that brief moment and expressed the thought.

Ergo, the future is now... now... well, now it's the past, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
If the future is now, then what will tomorrow be?
Schools are supposed to be smart, maybe they know something we don't.

Madeline, would you please ask one of them if the world is ending.....inquiring minds wish to know.
The school is supposed to be smart, or the teachers and such are? I mean... most bricks I've met seem about as smart as Sharon Angle.

Ahhh the blissfull ignorance of goverment run edjumuhkatshum

The future of now would have been yesterday.

So why did they put off until today what they should have done yesterday?

Is there going to be a test? My dog ate my notes yesterday and I won't get them back until tomorrow.

The Future Is Now

WTF?

Discuss.

One day I'll open up

Editec's Historical Academy for the Study of
Futurology
The future sure ain't what it used to be!

Additional signage will read:

Rooftop Flying Car Parking strictly prohibited

No Jetpacking in halls.

Atomically generated electicity--cheap!

Robot's Entrance

Please keep off the Astroturf

NO! Students may not use the Xerox Machine to duplicate themselves without prior approval.

Last edited:
The idea is that whatever we do now has an immediate effect. It sounds like something from 1984 however.

And the notion that schools need more money is absurd. Schools are among the best funded entities around. And they suck. It isn't money, it's policy. That ought to be the slogan of the anti levy side.

Forum List

Back