Bad or Good ?

dove

Rookie
Jun 11, 2011
the effects of tecnology on education.
are they bad or good ?
what the biggest effect?

Bad [now]

That lap top they send home with you can be turned on at anytime and whatever you are doing is recorded.

Aside from an unconstitutional and creepy invasion of your privacy?

Neither,

It's another tool, no better or worse than any tool before it.

Bad.....instead of learning the concept of how to resolve a problem in your brain using a pencil and piece paper....you just push a few buttons. Might be one of the problems why our children aren't as smart as they were in past generations with certain subjects.
One could argue the fact, that it started with the invention of the wheel.

Bad [now]

That lap top they send home with you can be turned on at anytime and whatever you are doing is recorded.

Neither,

exactly ! it just tool! you can manage it as you like.
so where the problem?
:eusa_angel:

Bad.....instead of learning the concept of how to resolve a problem in your brain using a pencil and piece paper....you just push a few buttons. Might be one of the problems why our children aren't as smart as they were in past generations with certain subjects.

some people would say that our current generation smarter than before.
Also, he machine is to help our brain not to be instead of it.
Am I right?

some people would say that our current generation smarter than before.
Also, he machine is to help our brain not to be instead of it.
Am I right?

With all due respect, looking at your posts I would say your wrong. It's hard to follow your posts because of your grammar. I feel that if a person doesn't use their brain, they lose it....they get lazy.
When you aren't privy to technology after using it growing up, and you come across a problem...(let's say math)...your in a world of hurt to find the solution to the problem. Am I right?

are they bad or good ?
what the biggest effect?

Bad.

You are here instead of studying.

I am here to study to :) the study become easier than before. isn't it ?

Please go and study more.
Is English a second language for you or are you in the 6th grade?

Good grief!
If that's how kids are coming out of school, we're phukt
:cuckoo:

In answer to the question in the OP:
Obviously BAD
:eusa_eh:

With all due respect, looking at your posts I would say your wrong. It's hard to follow your posts because of your grammar. I feel that if a person doesn't use their brain, they lose it....they get lazy.
When you aren't privy to technology after using it growing up, and you come across a problem...(let's say math)...your in a world of hurt to find the solution to the problem. Am I right?[/QUOTE]

I am really sorry about my grammar. I am still studying. I am sure that I will be good in the end.

Please go and study more.
Is English a second language for you or are you in the 6th grade?

Good grief!
If that's how kids are coming out of school, we're phukt
:cuckoo:

In answer to the question in the OP:
Obviously BAD
:eusa_eh:[/QUOTE]

I am not in the 6th grade. but I try my best. I am old woman
my age is 75 year. I think in the end I will be ok .

Bad [now]

Neither,

exactly ! it just tool! you can manage it as you like.
so where the problem?
:eusa_angel:

it does much of the thinking for you.

Algebra is easy on a calculator, not so much in your head.

but

You can learn robotics in HS now, while 20 years ago in was only in college

I will just mention here the online education.By means of this you may provide education to remote areas and you are also providing the best information and education.
It is the biggest effect in my opinion.

are they bad or good ?
what the biggest effect?

Bad.

You are here instead of studying.

Da*n straight ......,

i'm completeing a timed OSHA on line course right now

it's narrated via a Mr Rodgers narrative, and dumbed down to the turnip level

so i'm flaking off here vs. sticking forks in my ears

everyone wins!

My youngest son was no able to do long division on paper much to my surprise. I had to set him down and show him how to do it. He stated that they did nothing on paper like that because calculators where so easy to use.

When I was in high school 1986-1990 you could only use calculators in trig, algebra, calculus. In any other math classes you had to show your work. Do they even teach kids how to tell time with a clock with hands?

Basic skills that dont use technology need to be taught to children first then they can develop the use of technology to assist them. Every child should be able to do math on paper when they graduate. but I am afraid that a lot cant.

Forum List

Back