Bad News for the we lost dems.

Fair Weather Repub maybe?

Nope not for years. I was hard core about 15 years ago, even VP of the College Republicans for a while. But, much as people who had been Democrats for their whole lives watched as their party moved and left them behind. I've watched as the Republicans left me behind. Since I've never been a "social conservative" so once the fiscal conservatism was dropped by the current administration, there was very little to hold me. So, for the last 4 years or so I would describe myself as a hawkish Libertarian.

I'm sorry. Is there a point to all this hand-wringing? It's a fucking war. People die. There it is.

In the end, the only question is did we achieve our national policy objective by prosecuting the war and enforcing the peace? If the answer is yes (and we won't really know until we have withdrawn and the government holds), then we've accomplished what we set out to do.

Will that make them love us or hate us? Who fucking cares? We've never been successful at "winning hearts and minds" it is a complete waste of time and a mind-fuck to even attempt it. We have successfully gone into countries completely blown them utterly apart, occupied their countries for 60 years and made them love us. So, you pick, the failed "hearts and minds" policy or the successful "blow the bastards to hell" policy.

That slightly overstates it, but really the sniveling was out of control!

Yeah, Tech, it's a war. People die. Who cares? Who cares when it's not YOUR people? As long as you're the absolute hammer of the world, who cares if war is hell? As long as YOU are doing the pounding, war is a great big laugh. I'm glad you still think that way. You would've fit right in Nazi Germany, you know? Who cares if 6 million Poles die? It's a WAR people! So what if it was totally unprovoked? And before anyone jumps in to declare the enormous difference between the great magnanimous commitment to 'freedom' of the American Army and the evil holocaust-cheering Germans, remember that the ONLY reason that WWII started, the ONLY reason that the Allied Powers jumped in, was becasue Hitler committed the "Supreme International Crime" against Poland according to the Nuremberg terminology, which is a War of Aggression, an unprovoked attack, which is EXACTLY what the United States did to Iraq. Put aside the fairy tale that the Holocaust had anything to do with it. If Hitler had not annexed Austria, devoured Czechoslovakia, and most importantly INVADED Poland, nobody would've given a bloody shit about the mass displacement and genocide of the German Jews (Incredibly sad, but true. Not for Tech though, it was a war, so people die).

It's in "OUR" interest, so we can exterminate the Jews. It is in "OUR" interest, so we can annihilate the Poles. It is in "OUR" interests, so we can rape Nanking. It is in "OUR" interest so we will demolish Armenia. It is in "OUR" interest, so we will crush Hungary, and then Czechoslovakia. It is in "OUR" interest, so "we" will do it, because "we" can.

It is in "OUR" interest, so we will blow up the towers. So what if 3,000 people die? It's a war. People die.

Nope not for years. I was hard core about 15 years ago, even VP of the College Republicans for a while. But, much as people who had been Democrats for their whole lives watched as their party moved and left them behind. I've watched as the Republicans left me behind. Since I've never been a "social conservative" so once the fiscal conservatism was dropped by the current administration, there was very little to hold me. So, for the last 4 years or so I would describe myself as a hawkish Libertarian.

"Hawkish Libertarian". That's interesting. Is it a contradiction in terms though?

Forum List

Back