Bad News For The 'Hand-Wringers.'

Then I guess I'm conceited! Once again you've treated us to the successes of the environmental movement. :clap2:

Your notions of success are interesting. You manage to prevent further cutting of the rain forest and in doing so keep the indigenous people mired in poverty. You deny them conveniences that you take for granted, dooming them to live in squalor for the entirety of their brutishly short lives. You call that success?

How about the conservation efforts that just plain outright kills them? Even Scientific American published an article on the deaths of indigenous peoples when the conservation movement ignores the cost to the people in the way. Exactly like the robber barons of old.
Must be they really don't care about those little brown people after all, hmmm? They sure don't make much of an effort to preserve them.

When Restoration Efforts Are Pitted against Human RightsSaving Earth might mean trampling indigenous societies

"Conservationists have historically been at odds with the people who inhabit wildernesses. During the last half of the 20th century, millions of indigenous people in Africa, South America and Asia were ousted from their homelands to establish nature sanctuaries free of humans. Most succumbed to malnutrition, disease and exploitation, recounts anthropologist Michael Cernea of George Washington University. Such outcomes—coupled with the realization that indigenous groups usually help to stabilize ecosystems by, for instance, keeping fire or invasive weeds at bay—have convinced major conservation groups to take local human concerns into account. The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) now describes indigenous peoples as “natural allies,” and the Nature Conservancy pledges to seek their “free, informed and prior” consent to projects impacting their territories."

Conflicted Conservation: When Restoration Efforts Are Pitted against Human Rights: Scientific American

The Almanac of Environmental Trends covers seven major indicators of environmental progress including (1) Air Quality, (2) Energy, (3) Climate Change, (4) Water Quality, (5) Toxic Chemicals, (6) Forests and Land, and (7) Biodiversity. Examples of progress include:

·In general the U.S. has improved water use efficiency by about 30 percent over the last 30 years.

·Wetlands are now increasing in the U.S. after having declined for more than two centuries before the 1990s.

·Forestlands in the U.S. have been expanding rapidly over the last 30 years, and the global rate of deforestation appears to be steadily declining.

·The total amount of toxic chemicals used in American industry is steadily declining--a measure of resource efficiency.

·Virtually the entire nation has achieved clean air standards for four of the six main pollutants regulated under the Clean Air Act.

AEI - Papers

Maybe the sky isn't falling......

Shouldn't that be, "Thanks to the hand wringers"? You've GOT to keep up the pressure or we'll go back to the bad old days of burning rivers and zero visibiity downtown streets. Think it can't happen? Look at all the play Atlas Shrugged is getting. Basically a feel good book for the "I'll do what ever I want crowd"!!! :eek:
The hand wringers have made their point and conditions have vastly improved since the 60's. Removing most environmental regulations would not return us to the time when rivers burned and people coughed up soot. Awareness has risen to the point where consumers would boycott and or sue polluters. Chemical companies who used to pump waste into rivers would not return to that practice, nor would heavy manufacturing spew soot in the air for fear of lost business and law suits.

Then what's your answer? We know without regulation the status quo wouldn't be maintained either. It's easy to bash the system, but as PC showed in the OP, you can't argue with the results.

Millions dying from malaria is the result of poorly thought out regulation.

There is a reason that liberals are known as the kings of unintended consequences. Do you have any idea how many corpses can be laid at the feet of environmentalism?

Millions of dead as a result of a ban on DDT.

Millions dead due to the blocking of hydroelectric facilities in third world countries.

Thousands dead and counting due to unreasonable taxation on energy.

Tens of thousands dead and counting due to CAFE standards.

Millions dead and counting due to environmentalist's war on food blocking insectisides, irradiated food, blocking farmers and ranchers from use of their land, fearmongering genetically engineered food, and now using desperately needed food to make inefficient, higly polluting biofuels.

The pile of corpses that lies at the feet of environmentalism is larger than the pile of dead that lie at the feet of lenin, stalin, hitler, polpot, and mao combined and the numbers keep climbing every day.

Regulation for the sake of regulation without rational justification is nothing more than tyrany.

Why don't you just post some of the fat ass's rants on here?

Like all non-thinking ditto heads, you cannot back any of your nonsense with real facts.

Liberal debate tactic #7:
If you have no rebuttal, insult Rush Limbaugh and his listeners.

Then what's your answer? We know without regulation the status quo wouldn't be maintained either. It's easy to bash the system, but as PC showed in the OP, you can't argue with the results.

My answer is that environmentalist should stick to Particulates, SOx, NOx, heavy metals, etc. Contaminants we know have an effect, and also have effective methods of treatment to render them inert. We also need to keep people out of the game who's only goal is to eliminate a given industry, not to regulate it. Finally regulations need to be kept simple, and come from only one source. If multiple agencies have a say in something, one takes the lead, and all paperwork flows through them, instead of what we have now, where you have to keep a staff of lawyers onhand to keep all your permits in order.

Really? What do you think of Joe Barton trying to de-regulate the very ones you point out to be dangerous? Had you been present when those things were regulated, you would have found reason to fight against those 'librul' ideas, also.

Nah, my business is Environmental Engineering, specifically Wastewater, so these regulations are what employs me.

My issue with regulation isnt the regulation itself, but the combination of the habit of just stacking new ones on top of the old ones, without removing the old ones, and people who try to "ban via regulation"

The most comprehensive tally of Jews killed places the number at around 3 to 3.2 million,
Once again: not 6 million

'6 million' is a Zionist lie that trivializes the deaths that actually occurred by saying they weren't enough to make Hitler the great evil they say he was and serves only to justify their own racial nationalism and attempts at ethnic cleansing today.

I think once you pass the million mark it becomes irrelevent, don't you? But, compared to Stalin and Mao, both liberal hero's, Hitler was a piker that much is true.

As Eddie Izzard said in jest, Hitler's "mistake" was killing other countries' people, not his own, as Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao did.

Then I guess I'm conceited! Once again you've treated us to the successes of the environmental movement. :clap2:

Your notions of success are interesting. You manage to prevent further cutting of the rain forest and in doing so keep the indigenous people mired in poverty. You deny them conveniences that you take for granted, dooming them to live in squalor for the entirety of their brutishly short lives. You call that success?

This is the Liberal/Conservative debate in a nut shell. Both sides want economic equality. Liberals seek to accomplish this by taking wealth from the wealthy and giving it to the poor. Conservatives seek to create more wealth for everyone.
Liberals fail to realize the wealth is not finite.

This is the Liberal/Conservative debate in a nut shell. Both sides want economic equality. Liberals seek to accomplish this by taking wealth from the wealthy and giving it to the poor. Conservatives seek to create more wealth for everyone.
Liberals fail to realize the wealth is not finite.

Their short sight is why liberals are known as the kings of unintended consequences. Of course, they are responsible for so many dead brown people resulting from so many "attempts" to make things better that one must wonder if the death of brown people is actually thier goal.

I think once you pass the million mark it becomes irrelevent, don't you?
Hitler wasn't so bad. Jews know and admit this. If he was as terrible as they like to pretend, they wouldn't have to knowingly and willfully inflate the numbers and lie about how many people died. They have to lie to make him look like the big bad boogeyman.

Besides, the Jews have no room to talk about genocide until the reject their god and condemn the genocides their holy book says he ordered. Until they start lamenting the Ammonites, the Hittites, the Jesubites, and all the rest, Kikes have no room to cry about such things. Clearly, they have no problem with it when they're the ones doing it.

Hitler wasn't so bad. Jews know and admit this. If he was as terrible as they like to pretend, they wouldn't have to knowingly and willfully inflate the numbers and lie about how many people died. They have to lie to make him look like the big bad boogeyman.

Besides, the Jews have no room to talk about genocide until the reject their god and condemn the genocides their holy book says he ordered. Until they start lamenting the Ammonites, the Hittites, the Jesubites, and all the rest, Kikes have no room to cry about such things. Clearly, they have no problem with it when they're the ones doing it.

as much as I like playing Devil's Advocate myself, I think you are putting a crazy spin on Hitler. I realize he had his positive points, and even that some famous people get shafted for the few bad things they did compared to many good things, and that it is difficult to judge historical figures by today's standards, but really...Hitler wasnt so bad?? Next you will be supporting Stalin or Pol Pot.

as much as I like playing Devil's Advocate myself, I think you are putting a crazy spin on Hitler.
?

Are you an anti-semite? You must be, since you think a Jew's life is worth so little you need to inflate the numbers to make it sound bad. But then, the Jews themselves agree with you, so whatever. Let him wipe the kikes out. I feel no sympathy for them; they never have a problem with genocide when they're doing it.

I feel no more sympathy for a Jew in an oven than I feel for a violent gangbanger who dies in a shootout with another gang.

Hitler wasnt so bad??

The kikes don't seem to think so. Else they wouldn't have to lie to make him look like he was so bad.

Besides, he even with trains, planes, and bombs, he couldn't wipe out entire cities nations, and ethnicities like the Jews managed with swords. Hitler was a putz compared to the Jews of old.

The Almanac of Environmental Trends covers seven major indicators of environmental progress including (1) Air Quality, (2) Energy, (3) Climate Change, (4) Water Quality, (5) Toxic Chemicals, (6) Forests and Land, and (7) Biodiversity. Examples of progress include:

·In general the U.S. has improved water use efficiency by about 30 percent over the last 30 years.

·Wetlands are now increasing in the U.S. after having declined for more than two centuries before the 1990s.

·Forestlands in the U.S. have been expanding rapidly over the last 30 years, and the global rate of deforestation appears to be steadily declining.

·The total amount of toxic chemicals used in American industry is steadily declining--a measure of resource efficiency.

·Virtually the entire nation has achieved clean air standards for four of the six main pollutants regulated under the Clean Air Act.

AEI - Papers

Maybe the sky isn't falling......

Have you read the last two pages of this thread PC? The sky may not be falling, but the ethos held by some on the right have.

CON2593-20.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back