Bad news, all

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Sen. McConnell talks about debt, S&P, and Obama's intelligence

One of the audience members was also curious about his interaction with President Barack Obama during the last few days.

"What is he like behind closed doors?" asked Spencer Blue of Freedom Metal.

"The president is a really smart guy," was McConnell's response. "It's OK. We don't hate each other, we just have very different views on what the country should be."

Two different views, he says but one goal in mind, to get the country out of an economic crisis.

So - is McConnell a liar, or is the President a "really smart guy?"

Your assumption is that everything which comes out of McConnell's mouth is a fact/lie and not an opinion?

I would think that if we adopted Obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. He wanted to get rid of the Bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the GOP would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the Congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the Congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the Space Race these days? First there would be a section of the GOP that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the GOP who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the Tea Party examining the Constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the Presidential election in 2012. The future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of Tea Party members sent to Congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. Nothing will get through the Congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

Two different views, he says but one goal in mind, to get the country out of an economic crisis.
A ‘crisis’ of the GOP’s making; a consequence of failed republican policies during the last administration.

The tragedy, of course, is had the House executed its Constitutionally mandated responsibilities and initiated legislation whose goal was to hasten economic recovery rather than ‘get rid of Obama,’ we would not have been downgraded and likely closer to that goal.

A ‘crisis’ of the GOP’s making; a consequence of failed republican policies during the last administration.

The tragedy, of course, is had the House executed its Constitutionally mandated responsibilities and initiated legislation whose goal was to hasten economic recovery rather than ‘get rid of Obama,’ we would not have been downgraded and likely closer to that goal.

:lame2:

One of the audience members was also curious about his interaction with President Barack Obama during the last few days.

"The president is a really smart guy," was McConnell's response. "It's OK. We don't hate each other, we just have very different views on what the country should be."

Or McConnel is avoiding antagonizing Obama further by saying what he really thinks, that the president is an arrogant asshole without a clue.
That would be the truth, btw.

I would think that if we adopted Obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. He wanted to get rid of the Bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the GOP would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the Congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the Congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the Space Race these days? First there would be a section of the GOP that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the GOP who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the Tea Party examining the Constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the Presidential election in 2012. The future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of Tea Party members sent to Congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. Nothing will get through the Congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

WOW. Between congress and the President there are 525 politicians screwing up this country. About 50 or so are "TEA PARTY" Politicians and the TEA PARTY has enough power to control everything. That makes each TEA PARTY Politician worth at least 10 dems and repubs. WOW I'm Impressed.

Solidly Democratic houses in Congress voted to extend the tax cuts. Obama signed the legislation.
So raising taxes in a recession is a good idea? Is this your final answer?

I'm sure Obama's an intelligent guy... but smart? Nah.

Oh, I don't doubt Obama is a bright guy.

That isn't the point.

My problem with him is that his life experiences has not lead him to the point where he could do his job effectively.

1) He never served in the military.
2) He never ran a business, had to resolve an employee dispute, or meet a payroll.
3) Served in the Illinois Senate, where he was such a non-entity few people outside his district even heard of him before 2004. Apparently voted 'Present' a lot.
4) Served in the US Senate for four years, not even a complete term, half of which he was running for president.

So, yeah, he might have a lot of book knowledge, but there's no substitute for real experience.

Your assumption is that everything which comes out of McConnell's mouth is a fact/lie and not an opinion?

McConnel is a career politician and supported all of Bush's agenda.
Think about it a bit.

You know what, I made good money in the Bush Administation.

Things were good in those days. PRetty much all the way up until 2007, when Dems took over Congress.

Oh, I don't doubt Obama is a bright guy.

That isn't the point.

My problem with him is that his life experiences has not lead him to the point where he could do his job effectively.

1) He never served in the military.
2) He never ran a business, had to resolve an employee dispute, or meet a payroll.
3) Served in the Illinois Senate, where he was such a non-entity few people outside his district even heard of him before 2004. Apparently voted 'Present' a lot.
4) Served in the US Senate for four years, not even a complete term, half of which he was running for president.

So, yeah, he might have a lot of book knowledge, but there's no substitute for real experience.

Then what was the Busches I and II's problamo?

McConnel is a career politician and supported all of Bush's agenda.
Think about it a bit.

You know what, I made good money in the Bush Administation.

Things were good in those days. PRetty much all the way up until 2007, when Dems took over Congress.

I didn't, the brown invasion killed our goose early

Forum List

Back