Bad Immigration idea.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, May 19, 2007.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    I have to post this, even though not feeling well ).

I am all for stopping illegal immigration. For securing our borders and kicking out illegal aliens. BUT this is not a good plan. America is a nation of immigrants. We should NEVER lose that, this goes a long way to destroying that. The excuse that a "nuclear" family is important but other family members aren't is bullshit. I can not believe Republicans support this concept.

For those unaware, on Immigration I do NOT see any political party that cares about the real issues, both parties want it to continue.... But only for their own political reasons. Republican politicians want cheap labor, democrats want people dependent on the Government so as to increase their voter block.

I hope this dies a painful death...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070519/ap_on_re_us/immigration_defining_family

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    If we were speaking of 'legal immigrants' I'd agree, but we are not. This whole thing sucks. Enforce the laws, change the numbers, etc.

3. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I agree with the first half of that statement...the second half is total bullshit.

Do they allow illegal immigrants to vote in YOUR state? I would suggest they do not. Voting is a right and a responsibility of citizenship. Illegal aliens cannot increase anyone's voter bloc.

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    Glad I stopped by, actually YES, they do. The Liberals bus illegal immigrants to polling sites in heavily democratic districts and "help" them fill out ( also illegal) the ballot or the touch screen now,

And I understand California and Texas ( and I am sure other States as well) have a problem with illegal aliens voting.

Talk about an inability to NOT BE PARTISAN.

5. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Dems are trying to change that law

Now if you have a green card - that should be enough to allow you to vote

and since when did it matter to Dems if an illegal voted - as long as they are voting for Dems they don't care

6. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

In Boston, city councilor Felix Arroyo proposes allowing green card holders the right to vote in municipal elections. What do you think about that?

The federal government has disenfranchised millions of people across the country because the naturalization process is such a mess. But these are families who are really the core of cities and towns, so their voices and their votes should count in local elections.
    http://www.gonewz.com/index.php?mac...cleid=134&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=15

Of cousre Dems want to get the illegals to vote - it is a huge untapped voting block for them. Dems will be the Mommy and Daddy party to them

7. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    What's dying a painful death is America.

The "family reunification" idea is the biggest crock going... every illegal, 12-20 million of them, can now bring all the rest in? That's America, population 1 billion, in about 5 years flat. You think that's a good idea? Gunny, killing off American families to support Pakistani families isn't family values. It's genocide.

8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,047
    but rsr, it says green card holders.... green card holders are NOT illegal aliens or undocumented workers.... green card holders live here in the usa LEGALLY...waiting the very long and messed up process to become a citizen...with children that are citizens too....they pay all the same taxes as you and me, including property taxes for their children's schools...

he is NOT asking that they be aloud to vote in a state or federal election, but the elections involving their local community politics....

i think i would agree with the city councilor on in this...but not completely sold....i would need to find out more.

care

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233

link? proof ? anythign to back this load of horse shit?

10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    Personal observation, of course the liberal news in the area wont report it. But do feel free to call me a liar.