Bad Faith: The Catholic Hierarchy’s Pointless Campaign Against LGBT Rights

No, you should treat heterosexual just like you treat everyone else.

Gays can't marry in most churches, which also discriminate against women.

There are plenty of churches that will marry gay people. Some do. Many don't. A church shouldn't be forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, if it goes aganist their teachings.
Then why do people expect the LGBT crowd to shut up about them being homophobic and generally bigoted?

they don't have to shut up, they just have to realize that constitutionally they cannot get their way.
It's a free country, they can try as much as they like to get their rights recognized universally and constitutionally. You just want them to go back in the closet where they belong, right?

I don't recall saying they couldn't.

Yes, I want gay people to go back in the closet. lol

There are plenty of churches that will marry gay people. Some do. Many don't. A church shouldn't be forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, if it goes aganist their teachings.
Then why do people expect the LGBT crowd to shut up about them being homophobic and generally bigoted?

Either side can say whatever they want. I support the church's right to allow, or not allow, whomever they chose to become members or marry in their church. I take great solace in knowing that churches haven't been forced to marry anyone aganist their wishes in this country.
You support a church's rights to be bigoted, racist... any form of hate group they want. Got it.

You do realize you are chatting with an actual gay person, who doesn't need you to be the white knight for them, right?

Progressives are some of the most paternally annoying people on the planet.

they don't have to shut up, they just have to realize that constitutionally they cannot get their way.
It's a free country, they can try as much as they like to get their rights recognized universally and constitutionally. You just want them to go back in the closet where they belong, right?

I don't recall saying they couldn't.

Yes, I want gay people to go back in the closet. lol

You only want that because you assume some guy will be there waiting for you with some manilow and melot.

Because the real god isn't homophobic and wants people to fight discrimination wherever they find it.

Says you. Others say differently, and the bible is pretty clear that homosexual acts are sinful.
The bible was written by men who were homophobic. It hasn't been proven to be the actual word of god, has it?

Asking for proof that cannot be proven shows you really don't have an argument or a point. The simple fact is the document considers homosexual acts as sinful, as does the Koran, as do most other Religious texts.
The point that you missed is that they say (Muslims as well) that it IS the word of their god. So they, and you, should prove that their god hates homos, as the men claimed in their book.

They don't have to prove jack shit. That is the benefit of freedom of religion.
I know, I'm just trying to show them that their faith is based on nothing, and that's cool with me, I just like to remind them and you of that fact because there are a huge amount of deluded people out there roaming the streets like religious zombies. A modern day plague! :ack-1:

I said they can blather about it all they want. they just can't get their way.

They can't force a church to marry them, and they shouldn't be able to force a baker to bake a fucking cake for them.
They may one day get their way if they keep at it, look how they've already gotten their way with a lot of churches. The churches didn't come to them on their own.

Says you. Others say differently, and the bible is pretty clear that homosexual acts are sinful.
The bible was written by men who were homophobic. It hasn't been proven to be the actual word of god, has it?

Asking for proof that cannot be proven shows you really don't have an argument or a point. The simple fact is the document considers homosexual acts as sinful, as does the Koran, as do most other Religious texts.
The point that you missed is that they say (Muslims as well) that it IS the word of their god. So they, and you, should prove that their god hates homos, as the men claimed in their book.

I know, I'm just trying to show them that their faith is based on nothing, and that's cool with me, I just like to remind them and you of that fact because there are a huge amount of deluded people out there roaming the streets like religious zombies. A modern day plague! :ack-1:

You on the other hand are enlightened, right?

What a rube you are.

Either side can say whatever they want. I support the church's right to allow, or not allow, whomever they chose to become members or marry in their church. I take great solace in knowing that churches haven't been forced to marry anyone aganist their wishes in this country.
You support a church's rights to be bigoted, racist... any form of hate group they want. Got it.

I support a church's right to admit people as they see fit into their congregation. Go find a new church if you don't like their practices.

They can't force a church to marry them, and they shouldn't be able to force a baker to bake a fucking cake for them.
They may one day get their way if they keep at it, look how they've already gotten their way with a lot of churches. The churches didn't come to them on their own.

And those parts of the Churches in question that didn't like it broke off.

Why are people so obsessed with changing 1500 years of Catholic rules? If you disagree with the Catholic Church's stance, don't go to the Catholic Church. No one forces you to.

I don't agree with the Catholic Church or a number of their stances so I'm not a member of their Church. Seems like a simple solution to me.

Problem is what the Catholic Church says goes against the principles of the country. When Muslims do the same thing, the Catholics demand the Muslims be thrown out because they go against the principles of the country.

Why are people so obsessed with changing 1500 years of Catholic rules? If you disagree with the Catholic Church's stance, don't go to the Catholic Church. No one forces you to.

I don't agree with the Catholic Church or a number of their stances so I'm not a member of their Church. Seems like a simple solution to me.

Problem is what the Catholic Church says goes against the principles of the country. When Muslims do the same thing, the Catholics demand the Muslims be thrown out because they go against the principles of the country.

The principles of PART of the country. Nothing the Church is doing is unconstitutional.

Stop trying to claim universal support for something that doesn't have it.

Try not to miss the point of the word of God. God is love, and His love reaches out to all of us. What He hates are the things that are not good for us and may do us harm.

Choices are not limited to the closet or on center stage throwing tantrums. Fortunately, the greater majority know this.

Kind of tired about LGBT making everything about them. Not everything is. People don't attend church or follow the faith to learn about LGBT wants, needs, rights, goals. The Church focuses on God and our our relationship with Him. ALL People of faith should remember Galatians 3:28:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, there is no male and female (and here let's add there is no hetero, no LGBT), for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

And that's the focus.
When you can actually get the church to recognize the LGBT crowd, and afford them the very same thing heteros get from the church, then maybe they'll shut up?

Why do you feel the need to force Churches to accept your viewpoints?

How about you head down to the local radicalized Mosque and tell them to accept Gay people and let them marry there?
Because the real god isn't homophobic and wants people to fight discrimination wherever they find it.

You made it clear you don't know the real God or care to. Prudence dictates that you should try to speak for Him. Nor that we should listen to you when you do.

Why do you feel the need to force Churches to accept your viewpoints?

How about you head down to the local radicalized Mosque and tell them to accept Gay people and let them marry there?

Who says the bible says God hates homos?

Again He is inviting all men to repent and come to Christ so that they can be happy. He warns us against sin because wickedness never was happiness. Like any loving Father He gives us counsels and rules for our benefit

What principles are catholics going against? Where are they demanding Muslims be thrown out?

You on the other hand are enlightened, right?

What a rube you are.
I'm agnostic, the true thinking person's position.

I support a church's right to admit people as they see fit into their congregation. Go find a new church if you don't like their practices.
I'm agnostic, I don't believe in bigoted fairy tales.

And those parts of the Churches in question that didn't like it broke off.
Eventually, the Catholic church will have a pope that admits to being gay and who will change things. Too bad for you.

Forum List

Back