bad day for dumbocrap sports fans

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
their precious little frenchies talked shit and got pw0ned

seeing my countrymen pumping their fists and screaming in joy at the top of their lungs, as the frenchies hung their heads in shame and embarrassment was fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEIJING (AP)—With history about to slip away and Michael Phelps cheering him on, Jason Lezak pulled up next to the lane rope and set out after hulking Alain Bernard, like a NASCAR driver drafting down the backstretch at Daytona.

Only 25 meters to go, half the length of the pool. Every stroke brought Lezak a little closer, a little closer, a little closer, his body seemingly carried along by the Frenchman’s massive wake. The two lunged for the wall together. When the result flashed on the board, Phelps was still on course for his record eight gold medals.

By a fingertip.

Lezak, the oldest man on the U.S. swimming team, pulled off one of the great comebacks in Olympic history Monday morning, hitting the wall just ahead of Bernard in the 400 freestyle relay, a race so fast it actually erased two world records.

Few sporting events live up to the hype—this one exceeded it. The 32-year-old Lezak was nearly a body length behind Bernard as they made the final turn, but the American hugged the lane rope and stunningly overtook him on the very last stroke.

Wow!

“This has been happening my whole career,” Lezak said. “People have gotten on my lane line and sucked off of me, so I figured this is the one opportunity in my whole career to do that.”
ADVERTISEMENT

Watching on deck, Phelps let out a resounding “Yeaaaaaah!” and thrust both arms toward the roof of the Water Cube. His quest to break Mark Spitz’s record of seven gold medals had survived what will likely be its toughest test—and almost certainly its most thrilling.

The Americans shattered the world record set by their “B” team the previous evening in the preliminaries, touching with a time of 3 minute, 8.24 seconds— nearly 4 full seconds below the 15-hour-old mark of 3:12.23.

“Unbelievable,” said Phelps, who swam the leadoff leg and then became the team’s biggest cheerleader. “Jason finished that race better than we could even ask for. I was fired up. Going into that last 50, I was like, ‘Aw, this is going to be a close race.’ Jason’s last 10 or 15 meters were incredible.”

What a race! Lezak keeps Phelps' hopes alive - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

lezak ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what was that about "smashing" the americans, froggies?

Whoa...that was one well-deserved and delivered bitch slap to the frogs.

Well done, US swimmers! :clap2:

their precious little frenchies talked shit and got pw0ned

seeing my countrymen pumping their fists and screaming in joy at the top of their lungs, as the frenchies hung their heads in shame and embarrassment was fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a race! Lezak keeps Phelps' hopes alive - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

lezak ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what was that about "smashing" the americans, froggies?

I had just turned that on last night before going to bed. What an awesome race that was. I don't know what was more satisfying, the excitement of the Americans or the sorrow on the Frenchies' faces!

I watched the women's 46 kg weightlifting final on Saturday morning. A 115 lb. Thai woman clean and jerked 277 lbs and won the gold :eek:

Which reminds me, I really want a pair of Nike Romaleos, which they made specifically for these Olympics:

nike%20romaleos%20via%20SF%201.jpg

Forum List

Back