CDZ Bad Customer Service From Norton

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
What happened to initiate the problem was my CU debit card was lost, I cancelled it, Then it was miraculously found and sent to me but not my replacement card. So that card was never activated. Norton decided to try to rattle my cage over this. Instead of contacting me when they could find no activated card to charge they froze up my search engine using safe search. I wrote off my last 20 days and uninstalled their program. Only at that point did they even attempt to talk. Anyone else have similar problems?

What happened to initiate the problem was my CU debit card was lost, I cancelled it, Then it was miraculously found and sent to me but not my replacement card. So that card was never activated. Norton decided to try to rattle my cage over this. Instead of contacting me when they could find no activated card to charge they froze up my search engine using safe search. I wrote off my last 20 days and uninstalled their program. Only at that point did they even attempt to talk. Anyone else have similar problems?
norton sucks.....simple as that.....

You can use "Microsoft Security Essentials" and at no cost. MS provides the service. AVAST is also free, but if you want any additional services they cost, such as banking mode. Also they sign you up for automatic renewal & if you chose not to want that service will honor that. But you must choose that option! From my experience both work well together with no infighting between programs.

norton sucks.....simple as that.....

Back in the day, Peter Norton was one of the great ones, almost a demi-deity of utility programmers.

He sold not only his business, but his very name, to Symantec, a company whose entire business has consisted of buying up the rights to great software products, and turning them into utter garbage. So now, Peter Norton's name is associated with the utter garbage that Symantec puts out, rather than with the great products that he, himself, once sold under his own name.

Forum List

Back