Bad Cop, No Donut Part 2

The cops job is to enforce laws, rather those laws are good or evil. They cannot keep their jobs and not enforce bad laws. Enforcing bad laws makes every cop a bad cop.

Roman soldiers were the cops of their day.

ROMAN COPS.jpg

The cops job is to enforce laws, rather those laws are good or evil. They cannot keep their jobs and not enforce bad laws. Enforcing bad laws makes every cop a bad cop.

View attachment 102380

I, for one, am glad we have cops and appreciate the job they do. Like firefighters do, they run into danger instead of away from it like the rest of us.

I don't think the majority of cops are bad cops. I think there are some rogue cops but the left, of course, plays it up way out of proportion. Drama queens.

I liked that theory myself for a while. Then I considered the excuses. The good cops are unwilling to identify the bad cops, or testify against the bad cops because they are afraid. Now, if a majority of cops are good, then how would a minority of officers manage to intimidate the supposed vast majority into silence?

Well, they are just showing "Discression" by not turning on fellow cops. Nothing wrong with that. Methuen police gave preference to those who wouldn’t arrest fellow officers - The Boston Globe

Then I learned about the LEOBR. That would be the Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights if you are unaware. The LEOBR are a series of laws in nearly every state that makes it nearly impossible to convict a corrupt cop. Law Enforcement Officers' Bill of Rights - Wikipedia

The LEOBR means that all those tricks the cops can use on you, the Civillian, are unavailable or prohibited by law. In some states, if Internal Affairs starts to investigate the cop, the absolute most you can do is fire them. Because Internal Investigations are employment related, and any information developed can't be used in a criminal case. Seriously, I wish I was making that up.

Let's take some of the more common events. Let's say you are in your home, and someone breaks in. You defend yourself, and your family by firing your weapon at the baddie, killing him. You being a good citizen phone the police immediately to inform them you just shot an intruder. The very first thing that is going to happen is you are going down to the police station to answer questions. If you ask for a lawyer, the investigator is likely to point out that someone could take that to mean you have something to hide. The Investigator can and will claim you are lying, and claim the evidence is not supporting your story. Eventually you will be allowed to go home unless the police decide that they can make it look like you had a hard on to murder this guy in your house.

Now, the idea of taking you to the station for a statement right away is considered good investigative technique. It allows you to give the information while it is fresh in your mind, and theoretically unaltered. The other tricks like trying to suggest you don't want a lawyer, or that you are lying are all upheld by the Supreme Court as valid investigative techniques vital to finding the truth.

Unless you are a cop. First you get to go home for a while, because while you the Civillian may need to get the information down immediately, the cop has a cooling off period after the shooting before he is required to make a statement about it. Then the statement can only be taken during reasonable hours, with breaks as needed for personal comfort. Oh, and a lawyer must be present. Wait, it gets better. The evidence has to be there so the cop can explain it in his statement.

Now you can be kept up all night and no matter how sleep deprived you are, you don't have the right to stop the interview. Tired, thirsty, bathroom breaks? They will be at the whims of the investigators.

Now, let's say that the police department comes up with information that a cop is doing burglary. Well, they can't investigate until they notify him in writing that he has been named as a person of interest in a criminal case. Then he and the lawyer can examine the evidence and concoct a story to fit the evidence.

Every state has some variation of these laws, California has the most protections against investigating cops, which is why corrupt ones are usually exposed by Federal Investigations since the State Laws don't apply to Federal Investigators. Basically the evidence against the cop has to walk in the door in the hands of a co-conspirator who wants to confess without any pre trial agreement to defer prosecution for their crimes so they can provide evidence against their partner in crime. Yeah, no chance of that happening.

Take the case of John Geer as an example of a larger problem. The county investigating the police officer couldn't get anything done because the police department refused to give documents to the DA claiming that they were still investigating. The FBI was brought in, and they were told it was an internal matter that the FBI had no jurisdiction over since the crime did not cross state lines. Finally the documents were ordered to be given to the family as part of discovery of a lawsuit. The family gave the documents to the DA who was able then to file charges for manslaughter against the cop. The Department did everything they could to prevent the cop from being charged with a crime for shooting an unarmed man who had his hands up.

Or Buffalo New York where a cop was fired for stopping another cop from choking a non resisting suspect in handcuffs. The cop who did the choking, still a cop. Buffalo officer Cariol Horne 'fired for trying to stop cop from choking black suspect' | Daily Mail Online

Your argument is that all cops aren't bad. That's perhaps a bit of a stretch. Because it depends on your definition of bad. Even if they aren't planting evidence, lying under oath, or abusing people. They are covering for those who are.

View attachment 102380

I, for one, am glad we have cops and appreciate the job they do. Like firefighters do, they run into danger instead of away from it like the rest of us.

A lot of people appreciate cops, until they have to deal with them. I have never met one, single, solitary person who didn't feel uncomfortable or threatenen when driving down the roadway and seeing a cop running radar, following them or coming at them from the other direction. This is completely opposite of everyone who sees a firetruck. Nobody is intimidated by a firetruck, but everyone is intimidated by a cop car.

To insinuate that cops and firemen are anything alike is an insult to firemen. Yes, firemen do run into danger. It is their job. It is not a cops job to do so. Cops have no 'duty to protect' and rarely do ( Supreme Court Ruling: Police Have No Duty to Protect the General Public ). In a police state, such as the U.S., a cops only duty is to enforce laws that benefit the state. If you are being beaten, raped or robbed and a cop sees it - he can go to lunch. He does not have to stop your assailant.

While a fireman does work to benefit the community and the people at large, the police officer does not. When a fireman comes to your house and puts a small fire out, he doesn't start a new fire. When a cop comes to your house to ticket you for not having a permit (permission slip) for a yard sale, he is looking for other violations and crimes to put on you also. That's his job.

In short: A firemans job is to put out fires and, if possible, save lives; a cops job is to intimidate, extort and jail (in other words, use force (as in enforce) to control the people.

And the police state continues to grow:

Obama Quietly Signs The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" Into Law

Recall that as we reported in early June, "a bill to implement the U.S.’ very own de facto Ministry of Truth had been quietly introduced in Congress. As with any legislation attempting to dodge the public spotlight the Countering Foreign Propaganda and Disinformation Act of 2016 marks a further curtailment of press freedom and another avenue to stultify avenues of accurate information. Introduced by Congressmen Adam Kinzinger and Ted Lieu, H.R. 5181 seeks a “whole-government approach without the bureaucratic restrictions” to counter “foreign disinformation and manipulation,” which they believe threaten the world’s “security and stability.”

Also called the Countering Information Warfare Act of 2016 (S. 2692), when introduced in March by Sen. Rob Portman, the legislation represents a dramatic return to Cold War-era government propaganda battles. “These countries spend vast sums of money on advanced broadcast and digital media capabilities, targeted campaigns, funding of foreign political movements, and other efforts to influence key audiences and populations,” Portman explained, adding that while the U.S. spends a relatively small amount on its Voice of America, the Kremlin provides enormous funding for its news organization, RT.

“Surprisingly,” Portman continued, “there is currently no single U.S. governmental agency or department charged with the national level development, integration and synchronization of whole-of-government strategies to counter foreign propaganda and disinformation.”

Long before the "fake news" meme became a daily topic of extensive conversation on such discredited mainstream portals as CNN and WaPo, H.R. 5181 would task the Secretary of State with coordinating the Secretary of Defense, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Broadcasting Board of Governors to “establish a Center for Information Analysis and Response,” which will pinpoint sources of disinformation, analyze data, and — in true dystopic manner — ‘develop and disseminate’ “fact-based narratives” to counter effrontery propaganda.

In short, long before "fake news" became a major media topic, the US government was already planning its legally-backed crackdown on anything it would eventually label "fake news."

Read it all @ Obama Quietly Signs The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" Into Law | Zero Hedge

And the police state...aww, hell, you know the rest of it.

Reality Check: DEA Absolutely Wrong In Making CBD Oil Schedule 1 Drug

Published on Dec 23, 2016
Reality Check: DEA Absolutely Wrong In Making CBD Oil Schedule 1 Drug, Why the Agency is Harming Tens of Thousands of Families and Doesn't Even Have The Authority To Do So.

Since the police state owns your children - that's right, they own them, lock, stock and diapers - they can do whatever the hell they want to with them...while you wave a goofy flag made by communist (who you claim to hate) Chinese and brag about how free you are in 'murica. Open your eyes, people! Your kids are already paying for your complicity!

Debtors’ Prison for Kids: Poor Children Incarcerated When Families Can’t Pay Juvenile Court Fees
First-of-its-kind report finds children are being imprisoned nationwide when families can’t pay fines levied by juvenile justice system.

Many states are incarcerating poor children whose families can’t afford to pay juvenile court fees and fines, a report published Wednesday finds, which amounts to punishing children for their families’ poverty—and that may be unconstitutional.

Although the growing practice of incarcerating adults who are unable to pay municipal and court fees and fines has been documented for several years, as Common Dreams has noted, the latest report from the Juvenile Law Center is the first in-depth examination of the practice within the juvenile justice system.

The report, “Debtor’s Prison for Kids? The High Cost of Fines and Fees in the Juvenile Justice System” (pdf), documents the results of a survey of 183 people involved in the juvenile justice system—including lawyers, family members, and adults who had been incarcerated as children in the juvenile justice system—in 41 states.

The report authors discovered that in most states there is a pile-up of fees and fines imposed on children and their families once a child enters the juvenile justice system, and that “[m]any statutes establish that youth can be incarcerated or otherwise face a loss of liberty when they fail to pay.”

“[…] a grandmother had taken custody of her grandson but when facing these insurmountable fees, she was told (by a county employee) that the only way she could avoid paying was to hand over custody [to the state].”—Juvenile Law Center survey respondent

Debtors' Prison for Kids: Poor Children Incarcerated When Families Can't Pay Juvenile Court Fees

The way it is in a police state, boys and girls:

"So the cops' excuse for robbing the guy for warming up his own car in his own driveway was because leaving your car running might result in you getting robbed.

Yeah, like this guy got robbed. BY THE FUCKING POLICE.

Cops deserve to be hated. They are just another street gang, only they steal more than all the others combined."
~ Larken Rose

Man fined $128 for warming up car in his own driveway

Nick Taylor, 24, took to Facebook to post a photo of the ticket he received Thursday, which noted that he had left his vehicle on unattended.

He was charged with a civil infraction.

"Every person warms up their car." Taylor told WDIV. "I've done this every day for seven years. Every person warms up their car. We live in Michigan."

Man fined $128 for warming up car in his own driveway

He got off easy. The fine for idling (attended or not) in Massachusetts can be ten thousand dollars.
Unbelievable as that sounds, it is partially true (with a penalty up to $25,000):

The Massachusetts Anti-Idling Law
Massachusetts General Law (MGL), Chapter 90, Section 16A,
310 Code of Massachusetts Regulation (CMR), Section 7.11 and
MGL, Chapter 111, Sections 142A – 142M
The Statute, MGL, Chapter 90, 16A says:

• Penalties can range from $100(MGL Chapter 90, Section 16A) to as much as $25,000
(MGL Chapter 111, Section 142A);
• Drivers and/or companies can be held responsible for paying the fine;
• Local police have the authority to enforce
the law, as do health officials or other
officials who hold enforcement authority.

Government makes their money robbing people.

Never been in a station with thirty idling buses, then?
No. Most bus depots do not have thirty buses transporting through the depots at the same time. Actually, I doubt any do.
When police in Mass. pull people over, do they leave their cars running during the time of interaction with their victims? If so, they are in violation of the same "law" they enforce. Do badges grant extra rights?

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/sites/default/files/ehs/docs/massidlinglaw.pdf

In Police State, U.S.S.A. it can be illegal to possess much needed, doctor prescribed, medications in some areas. And, don't dare transport a harmless medicinal plant to a dying relative to ease their pain. This poor grandpa found this all out the hard.

67-year-old grandpa arrested, jailed for bringing medical marijuana to Texas for terminally-ill granddaughter

HOUSTON, Texas — A California grandfather spent a night in jail after Texas troopers arrested him for having marijuana-laced cookies and some marijuana in his car. The man’s out-of-state medical marijuana card didn’t get him out of trouble.

If you’re looking for a place to hide your green — a green bag in the trunk of your car might not be your best option.

“I’m a grandpa. I never intended to offend the state of Texas,” Phillip Blanton said.

67-year-old Blanton has been using medical marijuana in California for 10 years, so when he came to Texas to visit his terminally ill granddaughter Michaela he brought it with him — and he brought along a little for her too.

“I’m a grandpa, so I’m thinking like a grandpa. I’m thinking ‘I’m going to help my granddaughter.’ I’m gonna give her some of ‘Grandpa’s cookies’ and help her with her nausea and vomiting and the pain from the severe chemotherapy they had to give her,” Blanton said.

67-year-old grandpa arrested, jailed for bringing medical marijuana to Texas for terminally-ill granddaughter

By the time this thread ends I intend to convince as many of you as possible (the ones capable of reason and logic) that we live in a police state.

I say we live in a "police state" because the police of the United States have been militarized and given special rights and privileges that none of the rest of us enjoy. Even their clothing, weapons and vehicles are militarized. As is much of their training.

When is the last time you flashed your lights and honked your horn (emergency lights and siren for cops) to run a red light? When is the last time you sped 60 mph in a 30 mph zone to get to to the local donut shop in time to meet with your coworkers? When is the last time you spun an illegal u-turn just because you wanted to go the other direction? When is the last time you and your buddies beat a homeless man to death and got away with it (Google Kelly Thomas video) and the city paid a 4.9 million dollar wrongful death settlement on your behalf? When is the last time you flashbanged a baby in its crib while forcing yourself and buddies into somebodies home (New Low: Sheriff's Office Claims Infant at Fault for SWAT Team Blowing His Face Apart with Grenade) and the city paid 3.6 million dollars on your behalf in the resulting suit?

Never? I thought not.

Chicago Police Routinely Violate Civil Rights, Withering Justice Department Probe Finds | The Huffington Post

The Chicago Police Department regularly violates citizens’ civil rights, routinely fails to hold officers accountable for misconduct and poorly trained officers at all levels, according to a sweeping Justice Department probe of the nation’s second-largest police department.

The report examined not just the on-the-street actions of the police department, but its institutional practices like training, accountability and discipline: The city’s police shot at fleeing suspects who posed no immediate threat, failed to accurately document and review when officers used force and relied on training that is decades out of date.

The findings echo those of an April 2016 report released by Chicago’s then-new Police Accountability Task Force, which emphasized that the police department must face a “painful but necessary reckoning” that includes acknowledging its racist history and its consequent legacy of corruption and mistrust ― particularly between the department and the minority communities it polices.

The DOJ also announced on Friday that it had reached an agreement with the city of Chicago to work on creating a court-enforceable plan to reform the department and address the issues aired in the report.

Justice Department “pattern-or-practice” investigations do not focus on individual incidents, but rather on systemic police misconduct.

Forum List

Back