Bad Communication

I actually agree with you.

But it's a bit more difficult if you are in a situation (say, you have a child that is like this) - where you can not just avoid them. This was more of a topic for discussion about all kinds of "bad communication" issues. I just brought up my own personal one.

There are some people where there are not real "issues" you just are different and can't understand the other person because you are so different (again, if possible, best to avoid OR try to focus on common ground).

I have found that too many time, people try to FORCE others into their way of thinking vs. either just minimizing contact or accepting that we are just different.

Not sure why that is so hard for people to do. Maybe has to do with how passionately you feel about issues etc.

Or you can sit down with them and talk with them like an adult, and tell them that the things they say really bother you and why they bother you (nicely), and ask them to please stop doing that.
Or:
Sit down and write on a piece of paper all your feelings from your perspective on one side of the paper
And then on the other side write down what you think the other person is thinking from their perspective.
It's called a thinking report.
We used when I was a youth counselor.

Good idea. Writing down your feelings is very good therapy. I did a lot of that when going through some very difficult times, and it does help to sort out your feelings.
There's nothing wrong with having feelings. Remember that.

Of course not, but there is a time and place, and there's nothing wrong with keeping them to yourself at least SOME of the time. :D
I was coming from the perspective that some people may feel guilty or have a Low Self Image about the feelings they have.
When it's okay to feel and think what you want as long as those thoughts and feelings don't lead to negative behavior (bx)

Or you can sit down with them and talk with them like an adult, and tell them that the things they say really bother you and why they bother you (nicely), and ask them to please stop doing that.
Or:
Sit down and write on a piece of paper all your feelings from your perspective on one side of the paper
And then on the other side write down what you think the other person is thinking from their perspective.
It's called a thinking report.
We used when I was a youth counselor.

Good idea. Writing down your feelings is very good therapy. I did a lot of that when going through some very difficult times, and it does help to sort out your feelings.
There's nothing wrong with having feelings. Remember that.

Of course not, but there is a time and place, and there's nothing wrong with keeping them to yourself at least SOME of the time. :D
I was coming from the perspective that some people may feel guilty or have a Low Self Image about the feelings they have.
When it's okay to feel and think what you want as long as those thoughts and feelings don't lead to negative behavior (bx)

Sure, I agree. There are PLENTY of things I could say to my mom. I could make her cry, I'm sure. I don't do that because I care about her and I don't want to hurt HER.

That doesn't work with everyone.
Some people can't or don't want to listen.

Exactly .

People at work :

Talk on the two way radio In a noisy environment with their mouth 2 feet from the microphone. The microphone to the two way radio is hanging off of the front of their shirt. When they talk you can't understand them. This happens repeatedly. I believe it is intentional.

People standing about one foot behind me and sipping loudly water from a cup.

People eating chips with their mouth open , and crunching loudly .

People relieving me from fire watch on a production mill; 20 or 25 minutes late and after shift change. I show up and relieve my coworkers so they can leave in time , and clock out ( on the phone - 10 minutes before the hour ) on time.

Me having to work over- repeatedly ( ?? last year and year before last ??? ) because my other 2 coworkers went out state 3 or 4 months in a row during long break. ...... To go fishing . Never mind I had things to do.

I leave Gate One to go to lunch break ,and I leave it in order. When I come back information is missing from scale tickets , paperwork is out of order , information on computer screen is not in order ..... Or information is missing - and I have to spend time matching trucks to scale tickets and computer information .

90% of the time or more ; in the afternoon , when I work the main gate - the phone at Gate One till I get a visitor in the gate or a truck on the scales. It is not like that with my other coworkers that I notice.

And the list goes on..... And on...... And on .

Shadow 355

Exactly .

People at work :

Talk on the two way radio In a noisy environment with their mouth 2 feet from the microphone. The microphone to the two way radio is hanging off of the front of their shirt. When they talk you can't understand them. This happens repeatedly. I believe it is intentional.

People relieving me from fire watch on a production mill; 20 or 25 minutes late and after shift change. I show up and relieve my coworkers so they can leave in time , and clock out ( on the phone - 10 minutes before the hour ) on time.

Me having to work over- repeatedly ( ?? last year and year before last ??? ) because my other 2 coworkers went out state 3 or 4 months in a row during long break. ...... To go fishing . Never mind I had things to do.

I leave Gate One to go to lunch break ,and I leave it in order. When I come back information is missing from scale tickets , paperwork is out of order , information on computer screen is not in order ..... Or information is missing - and I have to spend time matching trucks to scale tickets and computer information .

90% of the time or more ; in the afternoon , when I work the main gate - the phone at Gate One till I get a visitor in the gate or a truck on the scales. It is not like that with my other coworkers that I notice.

Shadow 355

Go get therapy, will you? You have some really serious issues going on in your head.

Exactly .

People at work :

Shadow 355

You've posted on other forums about this kind of stuff. I remember. You think you are being tracked by the government? You probably think you have a microchip in your head, don't you?

Exactly .

People at work :

Shadow 355

You've posted on other forums about this kind of stuff. I remember. You think you are being tracked by the government? You probably think you have a microchip in your head, don't you?

And the gal in my county. Blonde female that drives a white Chevy Tahoe with a college license plate on the front - she works at the plant below me. Her picture was on the front page of the local paper about 18 months ago with her and her coworkers when the plant started up.

She " looks like " a female with the same name - and her sister whom is married to an Ohio State Trooper use to work where I work.

" Look a likes " all have one thing in common ---- > Vehicles with tinted windows on the side.

" Blonde look a like " frequently passes me in her vehicle ..... Recently, at various hours. How does she do that and work also?

I won't get into " changing / buying vehicles frequently " scenerio. I won't get into others comments - and people whom wanted me to go back to my last job. Nor the people whom " led " me to go out of state on about four occasions..... For sex.

And I won't get into the people whom wanted me to " go out " with married women , or the people whom have told me that married women at work are having home life problems..... Maybe I can pick up a married woman; or how I have been told that one married lady in payroll ..... "would make a good wife" ---- by the new third shift foreman; not long after he took over.

Different people telling me the same thing.

Tinted windows........ Why? I know.......

Connect the dots & the lowest common denominator.

Shadow 355

You think you are being tracked by the government?

Whoever they are - there are a lot of them.

Numerous people at the gym...... More than a handful. Some overtly stare at me.

The restraunt , numerous people watching me as I enter..... They are there before me.

Shopping at Wal-Mart....... People in the isles watching and following me.

Ages of surveillance team - from teens to geriatric age.

Watching me out of the corner of their eye. Standing and watching me. Following me overtly with their eyes and turning their head. Stopping what they are doing to watch me . And various other overt maneuvers.

Shadow 355

You think you are being tracked by the government?

Whoever they are - there are a lot of them.

Numerous people at the gym...... More than a handful. Some overtly stare at me.

The restraunt , numerous people watching me as I enter..... They are there before me.

Shopping at Wal-Mart....... People in the isles watching and following me.

Ages of surveillance team - from teens to geriatric age.

Watching me out of the corner of their eye. Standing and watching me. Following me overtly with their eyes and turning their head. Stopping what they are doing to watch me . And various other overt maneuvers.

Shadow 355

You need help. I'm not joking either. Go make an appointment with a psychiatrist. You have a serious persecution complex.

You've posted on other forums about this kind of stuff.
?

What forums? Name them.

Chris....... Are you following me ? Are you paying attention to...... Me? Ahhhh shucks. Don't be shy gal...... Ask me out on a date.

Shadow 355

I'm not kidding with you. I'm being serious. Seek help for yourself before you freak out and harm some innocent person who you THINK is watching or following you.

You've posted on other forums about this kind of stuff.
?

What forums? Name them.

Chris....... Are you following me ? Are you paying attention to...... Me? Ahhhh shucks. Don't be shy gal...... Ask me out on a date.

Shadow 355

I'm not kidding with you. I'm being serious. Seek help for yourself before you freak out and harm some innocent person who you THINK is watching or following you.

Me being busy working at Gate One on day shift. The guard at Gate Three, calling me on the phone when I am extremely busy - to tell me that a tractor and trailer arrived at the wrong gate and that he is sending them to me.

One, he did not have to tell me. The tractor and trailer just leaves Gate Three, and goes to Gate One to get scaled. No big deal.....it happens often and no one calls Gate One to tell them.

Two, If it was important to tell me ( but it is not ) , he could have just told me on the company two way radio, and I could have answered "OK." People trying to frustrate me

This past Sunday, vehicles are supposed to get washed. It is pretty evident that the Patrol Vehicle at Gate Three did not get washed. I guess the supervisor ( whom probably spent most.....or all of the day in the office, on his I-Phone or playing games ) did not make sure that ALL OF the vehicles got washed and the insides cleaned....Like they are supposed to be on Sunday.

I have just been informed that our vacation increase......AGAIN was cancelled. We are supposed to get 10 days now....but only get seven. This UNLESS you are a shift supervisor and you get another foreman to work for you ( in most cases.....especially 3.5 to 4 years ago ) or get a shift trade.

Ahhhh. DOUBLE STANDARDS in the workplace, and foreman staying in the foremans office playing on their I-Phone. And the site foreman does not say a thing......HE only watches / criticizes certain employees.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back