bad cess

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Mississippi River nears record low | The Journal Gazette

On a stretch of the Mississippi River, the U.S. Coast Guard has been reduced to playing traffic cop.

For eight hours a day, shipping is allowed to move one way in the 180 miles of river between St. Louis, Mo., and Cairo, Ill., depending on the hour. For the other 16 hours, boats go nowhere, because the river is closed to traffic.

US Drought Monitor

Considering the extent of the dought, there will have to be a very dramitic change in weather to produce those floods.

I heard somewhere around 40 inches of rain just to get out of drought conditions.

In another thread, I related an interview I saw with an Army Corps rep. He said the drought is just beginning.

Never let a good crisis go to waste....and if you don't have one.....make one up.

The "great" drought of 2012 is not so great at all. Remember the record rains and floods of 2011?

If you want to see actual drought, look back to a time before the AGW hoax. The dust bowl droughts of the 30's, 40's and 50's lasted up to 12 years in places...

Do a bit of checking on what the river traffic looked like during real multi year droughts.

"The preacher, trained in all to lose his name...
the teacher travels, asking to be shown the same".

Jon Anderson

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZcGc-nbLco]And You And I in HD by Yes - YouTube[/ame]

Mississippi River nears record low | The Journal Gazette

On a stretch of the Mississippi River, the U.S. Coast Guard has been reduced to playing traffic cop.

For eight hours a day, shipping is allowed to move one way in the 180 miles of river between St. Louis, Mo., and Cairo, Ill., depending on the hour. For the other 16 hours, boats go nowhere, because the river is closed to traffic.

US Drought Monitor

I thought you discovered something on Westwall's or SSDD's ass. There has to be a cess and God knows whatever there somewhere.

If we don't get rain, the Mississippi is toast and how do we ship those things? We can't afford to use railroads or truck that stuff. We have a big time problem.

The good thing about it is the Denialistas tell me nothing has changed. Since I live on the east coast and figure I can get food from Brazil, I don't care. Aren't they a bunch of hicks anyway? Shit happens and I'm glad it ain't me, this time!

Houston, this is planet Earth calling and we have problems!

If we don't get rain, the Mississippi is toast and how do we ship those things? We can't afford to use railroads or truck that stuff. We have a big time problem.

Think real hard dubya, what happened to the mississippi back during the 30's, 40's and 50's when there were real droughts....droughts that were much worse than the not so great drought of 2012 that went on for years and years and years and years.

By the way, what do you think caused those droughts?

The present drought is just as real, and there are a lot more people in the world depending on the resources shipped down the Mississippi than in prior years. Also, we are seeing more droughts and floods affecting agriculture in other areas of the world at the same time, than we have in the past.

Cookies Required

Think real hard dubya, what happened to the mississippi back during the 30's, 40's and 50's when there were real droughts....droughts that were much worse than the not so great drought of 2012 that went on for years and years and years and years.

ouch, that's going to cause some cognitive dissonance

You tell me, because I hear it's record low. I hear if we don't get some rain soon, the traffic is totally shutdown.

Of course, you know everything because the cess on your ass keeps you informed.

Forum List

Back