Bacon wrapped Turkey?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

Anyone gonna give this a go? I'm thinking of trying it this year.

As with turducken and other mixed meat dishes, I have a problem with it. :) Isn't it then just Spam if you're mixing meats together?

Good Lord NO!! Why not just eat lard? That would be like ruining a perfectly good Turkey.

As with turducken and other mixed meat dishes, I have a problem with it. :) Isn't it then just Spam if you're mixing meats together?

I was just thinking the juice from the bacon mixed with the turkey would be outstanding.

I'm a food purist, while many combinations work well, I prefer things seperate. With meats in particular it's just the meat and seasonings but nothing else. Start mixing meats together and it's just...I dunno. Feels wrong. Bordering on religiously wrong. :)

bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

Might be pretty good ... I have been grilling dove breasts wrapped in bacon for years.

A large shrimp, half a jalapeño pepper and chunk of monterrey jack cheese wrapped in bacon and grilled is pretty fricken awesome as well.

bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

I wrap wood ducks like that, but, domestic turkeys have too much fat already.

It would work fine on wild turkey, and works fine on venison hams.

With venison, I make deep punctures in the ham, insert bacon, and then cover the hole with more bacon.

It is damned good.

bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

Might be pretty good ... I have been grilling dove breasts wrapped in bacon for years.

A large shrimp, half a jalapeño pepper and chunk of monterrey jack cheese wrapped in bacon and grilled is pretty fricken awesome as well.

I miss living in good dove country.

Nothing like doves slow stewed in a mushroom gravy and served over grits.

FOTG!!!!

Some city had an article that after Thanksgiving , they have to go out and clean pipes, lots of calls about clogged pipes. I can't believe people throw grease down sinks anyway, pour it in a coffee can and let it harden and then say thank you that it is not in me! :eek:(and throw it in the garbage)

bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

FOTG!!!!

I've never had dove, how would you get that?

With venison, I make deep punctures in the ham, insert bacon, and then cover the hole with more bacon.

It is damned good.

Holy Crap ... Two woody's in a pot of gumbo ... Skip the bacon.
But if you don't know how to make decent rue ... Stick with the bacon.

Some city had an article that after Thanksgiving , they have to go out and clean pipes, lots of calls about clogged pipes. I can't believe people throw grease down sinks anyway, pour it in a coffee can and let it harden and then say thank you that it is not in me! :eek:(and throw it in the garbage)
I don't even rinse greasy dishes without using lots of detergent and hot water.

It is damned good.

Roux!!!!

Geez!!!!!!

; - )

Andouille for the gumbo, not bacon anyway.

Bacon is for the apple and orange stuffed roasted woodies!!!

I usually do not hunt ducks until after Christmas.

That may change today; but I better check to see if the second split has started.

bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

FOTG!!!!

I've never had dove, how would you get that?
You shoot them.

It is damned good.

Roux!!!!

Geez!!!!!!

; - )

That may change today; but I better check to see if the second split has started.

I know how to make gumbo ... And I prefer Down Home smoked sausage over andouille. I love this time of year because I can use the carcass and leftovers for turkey gumbo.

I shot a whitewing in LA last year.

First one I ever say.

Seems they are spreading their range.

We also have European ring tailed doves now, big suckers, and there is no limit on them.

Yeah ... Where I live (in Louisiana) we border the white wing migration through Texas ... Seeing more every year.

The picture of doves above was out of Juarez, Mexico though ... And it is great when you can shoot a pile and someone else cleans them.

Meet Elvis ...

It is damned good.

Roux!!!!

Geez!!!!!!

; - )

I know how to make gumbo ... And I prefer Down Home smoked sausage over andouille. I love this time of year because I can use the carcass and leftovers for turkey gumbo.

I have been eating turkey gumbo for over a week.

Freezer died, no choice but to eat it or lose it.

Single life has its advantages, eating he same thing over and over is not one of them.

Forum List

Back