Bacon shotrage! Nooooooooo!

You are not embracing the global meaning of this...

Pork is one of the least expensive meats there is. It is the primary animal protein of many of the poorest people, it is the #1 meat staple in China. When pork prices soar, it means people are starving.

Last edited:
bacon-sandwich.jpg

You know, I never would have thought to pair that baconator sandwich with Wild Turkey. I would have been more inclined to serve it with a Samuel Adams dark Ale.

I think anyone who ate that would have a stroke on the spot.

People think bacon is a lot more fatty than it is...the fact is, most the fat renders off. By the time it hits your plate, it isn't that bad.

A full slice of bacon is 60 calories.

People think bacon is a lot more fatty than it is...the fact is, most the fat renders off. By the time it hits your plate, it isn't that bad.

It's not the fat that would cause the stroke, it's the salt content.

Salt doesn't cause strokes. That's a myth. It can increase risk in people who have a genetic tendency to high blood pressure and stroke, and make those already present issues worse...but a healthy person who eats a high salt diet isn't going to develop high blood pressure and stroke out just because they eat too much salt.

Salt doesn't cause strokes. That's a myth. It can increase risk in people who have a genetic tendency to high blood pressure and stroke, and make those already present issues worse...but a healthy person who eats a high salt diet isn't going to develop high blood pressure and stroke out just because they eat too much salt.

Thanks, Dr. Quack.

Thanks, Dr. Quack.

Actually she's right.

I trade Beef for Pork. I have cattle and a friend has hogs.
He currently owes me two pigs come slaugher time and 4 country hams. He cures good country hams.
I still have about 100lbs or so of pork in the freezer.

I think pork won't be the ONLY thing that rises in pricing this winter.

The drought has been biblical this year.

Forum List

Back