Backing the Rebs !!

Can I ask if this is just history now or if there is still some rancour ?
Do groups of young lads have brawls over it in holiday spots when they have had too many beers ?
For many years at keg beer parties, usually the first words out of mouths was to identify your association to the North or the South, and then words would fly, then fists...
I totally love that. I am Welsh and in my younger days I liked nothing more than laying fists on our English oppressors. Now I have matured I naturally disapprove of such naughtiness.
Explains all the cachu you post about 'The British'. Lol.
I dont think so.British establishment has very little to be proud of.
GFY you Welsh pit pony :)

The award for the best delusional misinterpretation of historical events goes to :not quite a human being.
Beating out the 5 time champ shoot speeders by a wide margin.
From a distance it looks as if the south was hamstrung by its past and struggled to keep up with the north.

Apparently you don't keep up with current events. The South is currently attracting the most industry and commerce of any section of the country.
Why is that do you think ?

Lot of reasons. Taxes, climate, logistics, cost of labor, cost of utilities, etc.
Cheap people makes it sound a bit third world.

No. If you've ever lived up North and lived also in the South, you would find that the cost of living is much higher in the North. I lived in Winchester Virginia for awhile back in 1978 in a three-bedroom new brick home. My electric bill in 1978 averaged $300.00 per month in the winter months and around $175.00 per month in the summer months. Here where I live in Pensacola in 2016, my home is larger and my electric bill averages about $140.00 a month year around. Taxes were a lot higher also and even the cost of a 2,000 square foot brick home cost a lot more in Winchester.

Can I ask if this is just history now or if there is still some rancour ?
Do groups of young lads have brawls over it in holiday spots when they have had too many beers ?
For many years at keg beer parties, usually the first words out of mouths was to identify your association to the North or the South, and then words would fly, then fists...
I totally love that. I am Welsh and in my younger days I liked nothing more than laying fists on our English oppressors. Now I have matured I naturally disapprove of such naughtiness.
Talk about holding a grudge. Edward I died about 700 years ago.
Goes a lot deeper than that,modern day oppression boils my piss.
Boo hoo. What a loser jerk. Lol.

If we are to outlaw the Confederate flag because it is a symbol of racism,shouldn't we also outlaw the political party that symbolized racism?
Ok - who are they then ?
They think a flag has been "outlawed" after some states removed it from government buildings and a few businesses no longer sell it. The same people also think certain aspects of political parties from 50 years ago is relevant today.

If we are to outlaw the Confederate flag because it is a symbol of racism,shouldn't we also outlaw the political party that symbolized racism?
Ok - who are they then ?
They think a flag has been "outlawed" after some states removed it from government buildings and a few businesses no longer sell it. The same people also think certain aspects of political parties from 50 years ago is relevant today.
Yet the confederate flag of 150 years ago apparently is still relevant today.

What other nation was "corrupt" besides the British Empire? Slavery was legal for a hundred freaking years in the U.S. before the Civil War. Did New Jersey stop being corrupt fifteen years before the Civil War? When did the New England based slave ships stop being corrupt? Liberals have to get a handle on history before they use modern standards to criticize 19th century mores.

What other nation was "corrupt" besides the British Empire? Slavery was legal for a hundred freaking years in the U.S. before the Civil War. Did New Jersey stop being corrupt fifteen years before the Civil War? When did the New England based slave ships stop being corrupt? Liberals have to get a handle on history before they start criticizing old empires.
Not going to happen any time soon.

Apparently the corrupt British Empire supported the Confederates in the Civil War. This was linked to economic interests related to cotton.

At some point they were ready to step in and push the Rebs over the line.

What would America look like today if the Rebs had won ?

The Civil War was won by the South. Southern slave owners used the North's greed and lust for the South's cotton to goad the North into a fight which freed the slaves. The slave owners had already learned the Blacks were a lazy and ignorant lot and were tired of feeding, clothing, and looking out for them. The greedy Yanks bought into it hook, line, and sinker. Many of the slaves moved up North. Since the War, the North has had to spend tons of their money feeding, clothing, and caring for the lazy and ignorant Blacks.
The award for the best delusional misinterpretation of historical events goes to :not quite a human being.
From a distance it looks as if the south was hamstrung by its past and struggled to keep up with the north.

Apparently you don't keep up with current events. The South is currently attracting the most industry and commerce of any section of the country.
link ?

What other nation was "corrupt" besides the British Empire? Slavery was legal for a hundred freaking years in the U.S. before the Civil War. Did New Jersey stop being corrupt fifteen years before the Civil War? When did the New England based slave ships stop being corrupt? Liberals have to get a handle on history before they use modern standards to criticize 19th century mores.
rationalizing and justification corruption like slavery is as old as mankind the standard then ,is no different today .
talking about needing to get a handle on history ,fuck!

Why is that do you think ?

Lot of reasons. Taxes, climate, logistics, cost of labor, cost of utilities, etc.
Cheap people makes it sound a bit third world.
it mostly still is.

Forum List

Back