Background checks to own a gun....

if we the president can force a background check on we the people... then we the people should be able to force we the president to do the same.

If owning a gun is public record... then your background check IS being released by default.

The President has a background check. Anyone with a security clearance has a background check.

Your background check is not released. The fact that you have a gun is simply proof that you passed it.

bingo.... having a gun is prof i passed and part of the public record.

do tell... where is obamas prof that he passed? Is it part of the public record?

The proof that he passed is the fact that he is President of the United States.

Are you being intentionally obtuse or do you think you're being cute?

You mean the one that proves he was created in a Kenyan Lab by George Soros and a team of Mad Scientists?

"I've got Proof!"

The one downside of Obama's re-election is that you guys are going to become even more unhinged!

its called irony.... but i guess you missed that

How come we never had any "Irony" about where the president was born when White Guys held the office?

hey, he is the one who doesn't want to produce his birth certificate... or his school records.

and i could care less about it.... ..

the point is the irony... someone who wants background checks... but refuses his own.

If a background check is required to own a gun.... then the presidents background should dame well be public if you want to be president....and own millions of guns, assault weapons and weapon's of mass destruction by proxy.

The President has a background check. Anyone with a security clearance has a background check.

Your background check is not released. The fact that you have a gun is simply proof that you passed it.

do tell... where is obamas prof that he passed? Is it part of the public record?

The proof that he passed is the fact that he is President of the United States.

Are you being intentionally obtuse or do you think you're being cute?

no... that just means he won....

the prof or lack there of..... has been sealed or denied public access.

There is nothing in the constitution that says a suspected traitor cannot run for POTUS. At least nothing I can see.

Bill Clinton couldn't get a Top Secret clearance because of his drug use and other things in his and Hillary's pasts. I'm sure Obama's association with Bill Ayers would be enough to keep him from getting one.

Not true on either claims. Previous drug use does not prevent you from getting a Top Secret clearance nor would President Obama's "association" :rolleyes: with Bill Ayers...especially since he hardly knew the guy.

its called irony.... but i guess you missed that

How come we never had any "Irony" about where the president was born when White Guys held the office?

hey, he is the one who doesn't want to produce his birth certificate... or his school records.

the point is the irony... someone who wants background checks... but refuses his own.

If a background check is required to own a gun.... then the presidents background should dame well be public if you want to be president....and own millions of guns, assault weapons and weapon's of mass destruction by proxy.

Why is it that you would want to require that this President do what no other President in history has been compelled, required, or even asked to provide? (school records).

The President would have had a security clearance ran on him when he was a Junior Senator. He has passed a background check.

Why is it that you would want to require that this President do what no other President in history has been compelled, required, or even asked to provide? (school records).

The President would have had a security clearance ran on him when he was a Junior Senator. He has passed a background check.

Link?

Really Muddy? Asking for proof of your claim does not mean I'm calling you a liar, it means I'd like to see the proof myself. Can you provide proof of your claim or not?

I didn't want to be an asshole and demand that the gun dealer show me the new regs.

Because there aren't any new regs.

He said 3 months ago that my wife could have bought a gun.

Nobody who fails a background check as directed by the ATF, dismissed charges or otherwise, can purchase a firearm anymore. If you're on the blotter you can't buy one.

simply... because he IS being asked to provide his background in school records.

There is a first time for everything.

and if you are not catching on... i dont care about is sorry ass or his records.

I didn't want to be an asshole and demand that the gun dealer show me the new regs.

Because there aren't any new regs.

He said 3 months ago that my wife could have bought a gun.

Nobody who fails a background check as directed by the ATF, dismissed charges or otherwise, can purchase a firearm anymore. If you're on the blotter you can't buy one.

Sorry, that's not proof. If you can't provide evidence, we'll have to come to the conclusion that you or your seller are mistaken.

There is nothing in the constitution that says a suspected traitor cannot run for POTUS. At least nothing I can see.

Bill Clinton couldn't get a Top Secret clearance because of his drug use and other things in his and Hillary's pasts. I'm sure Obama's association with Bill Ayers would be enough to keep him from getting one.

Then it isn't about "security", it's about politics.

You don't like Bill Ayer's Politics. You don't like that Clinton apparently admitted smoking pot, but you want to give Dubya a pass for his DUI and fairly credible stories that he did a lot more serious stuff than pot when he was younger. -

Note- Bush could never unequivoably say that he never did drugs.

Link?

My apologies, I was mistaken.

Do Members of Congress Have Security Clearances?

simply... because he IS being asked to provide his background in school records.

and if you are not catching on... i dont care about is sorry ass or his records.

Maybe you don't, but enough of the nutters bring it up that obviously they do.

No other President in history has been asked or required to provide school transcripts and no President in the past ever has provided them.

You should ask yourself why your nutter friends are requesting it from this President. What makes him different?

[

Not true on either claims. Previous drug use does not prevent you from getting a Top Secret clearance nor would President Obama's "association" :rolleyes: with Bill Ayers...especially since he hardly knew the guy.

I got to call shenanigans on that one...

Ayers and Obama worked together quite a bit during his early career.

Now he wouldn't be caught having a drink with the guy, but back in the day when he was in the IL legislature, they did.

Not that I consider this a big deal. I'm not sure why we are all still whipping ourselves over what people did and didn'tdo during Vietnam.

Maybe you don't, but enough of the nutters bring it up that obviously they do.

No other President in history has been asked or required to provide school transcripts and no President in the past ever has provided them.

You should ask yourself why your nutter friends are requesting it from this President. What makes him different?

again... there is a first time for everything.

but again... you are missing the point of the thread.

Wasn't it the NRA who managed to get Congress to exclude gun shows and the 2ndary market from background checks.

Won't closing that loophole and making it harder for criminals to obtain fireams undermine the NRA's whole argument concerning the need for guns.

Last edited:
[

Now he wouldn't be caught having a drink with the guy, but back in the day when he was in the IL legislature, they did.

Not that I consider this a big deal. I'm not sure why we are all still whipping ourselves over what people did and didn'tdo during Vietnam.

Of course you don't consider it a big deal. You have no problem with America-hating terrorists.

Wasn't it the NRA who managed to get Congress to exclude gun shows and the 2ndary market from background checks.

Won't closing that loophole and making it harder for criminals to obtain fireams undermine the NRA's whole argument concerning the need for guns.

not the point of the thread.....

but... if we are going to background check people...and have that information public....

how about the background on the president being make public?

[

They weren't friends, they weren't pals, they didn't hang together, they were on the same board at the same time.

Their "association" is not one that would have even been mentioned on an SF 86.

Forum List

Back