Back to School Shopping~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Yes, even though it's the first week of August, here in the land of corn and Peyton Manning, school starts back up next week. :(

Today I'm taking mini echo to register for high school (9th grade) and will be spending who knows how much on fees, book rental, pictures, yada yada.

THEN, of course, she has to have some new clothes to start off her first days of high school. $$$$CHING$$$$$

How much do you all spend for back to school stuff. I know even my home schooling friends have to spend money on supplies and books too, it all adds up, eh?

Yes, even though it's the first week of August, here in the land of corn and Peyton Manning, school starts back up next week. :(

Today I'm taking mini echo to register for high school (9th grade) and will be spending who knows how much on fees, book rental, pictures, yada yada.

THEN, of course, she has to have some new clothes to start off her first days of high school. $$$$CHING$$$$$

How much do you all spend for back to school stuff. I know even my home schooling friends have to spend money on supplies and books too, it all adds up, eh?

The older they get, the more expensive they are. Is she into sports? HS sports cost a lot now.

Don't cry on her first day. :)

good luck with 9th grade! I remember that was the year I didn't want anyone to know I had parents. I made my mom drop me off a block away from school. By the time I was a senior if I had to get dropped off I would tell my mom to drop me off right out front.
It is expensive, you also have to pay for their yearbook usually at the beginning of school but that might be different there. You can also have lab fee's for science class and then there is sports. If they don't play sports there is still band fee's etc.
And you better put your daughter in plenty of school activities if you want her to get into college. All I have to say is good luck and you better get a second job!:razz:

Already time for this?

I always got a kick out of this when I was a kid, my mother would buy all kinds of things that my brothers and I rarely ever used, yet she loved doing it and my father always allowed her to do so for taht reason.

Missouri has a tax free holiday this weekend for back to school items. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a new laptop. If you live in any of our adjoining states and are looking to buy expensive items like computers you might want to check out what you can find in either Stl or KC.

Oh I envy and don't those days! I don't know what your HS district is like and around here the 'fees' seemed to differ a lot between districts. I always had the 'privilege' of high school taxes and fees. The two years that both boys were in high school, didn't get out for less than $1800 in books and fees. For some reason my daughter's books were always way less expensive, only driver's ed cost much for her.

But nothing was more fun than shopping for school clothes and supplies. ;)

i love this commercial

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPIIMbG9R4w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPIIMbG9R4w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I don't even want to think about when my son starts high school along with when he starts driving.

Forum List

Back