Back in 2000 in debt was going down; then we elected a Republican.

Are we changing surplus to balanced budget now?

Seeing how you got here on the short buss and all, let me explain the budget is big and when it is "balanced" sometimes it runs a little over sometimes a little under but if you got debt and doing a good job over time you bring the debt down like we did the last year Clinton was in office from Jan 01 2000 to Jan 01 2001 where we brought total debt down by about 110 billion dollars.

Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

you can plug the dates in yourself and see.

Seeing how you got here on the short buss and all, let me explain the budget is big and when it is "balanced" sometimes it runs a little over sometimes a little under but if you got debt and doing a good job over time you bring the debt down like we did the last year Clinton was in office from Jan 01 2000 to Jan 01 2001 where we brought total debt down by about 110 billion dollars.

Your flaccid attempts at re-writing the rules of legitimate and honest bookkeeping notwithstanding, who controlled the congress and wrote the budget bills during those years, Corky?

Who controlled the congress and wrote the budget bills during those years, Corky?

The Ds passed an omnibus bill in 1993 that brought us to the balance and Clinton vetoed every GOP attempt to derail it...truth sucks if you're a con.

Who controlled the congress and wrote the budget bills during those years, Corky?

The Ds passed an omnibus bill in 1993 that brought us to the balance and Clinton vetoed every GOP attempt to derail it...truth sucks if you're a con.
Doesn't matter.

Fact remains that the republicans wrote the budget bills from FY 1995 forward....It also doesn't change the fact that the given revenue/spending trends had the budget coming into balance all by itself by 2002.

For someone who claims I rode in on the short bus, you sure are lacking intelligence. Jan. 1 to Jan. 1 of any given year means nothing, Corky. What matters are fiscal year ends. Which happens at the end of October in a given year. Before you go talking about the short bus, Cork, you might want to make sure you're not riding it....with a helmet on.

The year end balance on those years saw the debt grow considerably. Bubba may have came close to balancing a budget (by 2002), but he didn't balance it, never balanced it and more over, never had a surplus.

You're pushing strings on a subject you clearly need remediation on.

Last edited:

For someone who claims I rode in on the short bus, you sure are lacking intelligence. Jan. 1 to Jan. 1 of any given year means nothing, Corky. What matters are fiscal year ends. Which happens at the end of October in a given year. Before you go talking about the short bus, Cork, you might want to make sure you're not riding it....with e a helmet on.

The year end balance on those years saw the debt grow considerably. Bubba may have came close to balancing a udget (by 2002), but he didn't balance it, never balanced it and more over, never had a surplus.

You're pushing strings on a subject you clearly need remediation on.

Yeah I knew you would pull the GOP thread of hope the "fiscal" year, well you know what a calender year ain't so bad at least Clinton had one, sure Bush got in and screwed it up before Sept. 30 2001 but what the hell Clinton had a five cent gas tax in with one that just hit people over $250,000/year and the Ds got trapped with that too but sound bites and bumper stickers ain't truth and if you knew shit you'd know we did balance the budget till Bush and the GOP cut taxes in 2001.

By cutting spending, and i mean cutting it with s chainsaw and a jackhammer, you free up current revenues to pay down debt. it isn't that difficult.

Cutting spending requires cutting jobs which will increase unemployment. Not only those government jobs but those jobs supported by government employees.

Default is exactly what is going to happen. Then the govt. will put protectionist measures in place. Like massive taxation on commodity holders, shareholders, etc...in order to insulate itself. It will pass its poor fiscal adn monetary behaviors on to us. Once again.

Government is not going to dedicate any revenue to debt repayment. This argument can go in circles for weeks based on the IF this and IF that. It isn't happening. There is no plan for it to happen. It's just a fantasy.

It is a plan not a fantasy and a plan which is not viable because the Congress of the United States is dysfunctional (notice I did not blame either party, both are culpable).

First of all these myths need to be set aside: Tax cuts will create jobs and government cannot create jobs.

Next, priorities need to be established (and the devil is in these details), realistic goals set and all of this done in front of cameras with all ideas vetted by our representatives including those by stake holders (The People, not simply the powerful special interests).

Govt. doesn't create jobs. Not legitimately productive jobs. The jobs created by govt. are economically nonproductive. Units go in (units confiscated from productive individuals), but nothing comes out.

Tax cuts can create jobs. But it is only one of many factors on the way to the tire meeting the road.

The rest is just more wishful thinking.

Actually, governments certainly do create jobs. And they are "legitimately productive" as well, unless you consider the U.S. Army, NASA, the USDA, the FDA, the FCC, and the CIA as being unproductive.

Why would you even say such a thing?

Defense is not an economically productive endeavor. So no, I dont consider the CIA or the military as economically productive. Units go in. These are constitutional necessities (well, the army is, the intelligence industry created adn maintains itself need by creating far more trouble than it cures)

The FDA, the USDA, FCC and NASA aren't economically productive and furthermore, could be if they were private enterprise.

The FDA and USDA are some of the most corrupt corporatist agencies in the federal plethora of agancies.

Defense is not an economically productive endeavor. So no, I dont consider the CIA or the military as economically productive. Units go in. These are constitutional necessities (well, the army is, the intelligence industry created adn maintains itself need by creating far more trouble than it cures)

The FDA, the USDA, FCC and NASA aren't economically productive and furthermore, could be if they were private enterprise.

The FDA and USDA are some of the most corrupt corporatist agencies in the federal plethora of agancies.

Now you must define "economically productive," because I don't see how most of New York's financial firms fill that definition. I see no tangible goods that they produce. That includes Baine Capital.

Actually, governments certainly do create jobs. And they are "legitimately productive" as well, unless you consider the U.S. Army, NASA, the USDA, the FDA, the FCC, and the CIA as being unproductive.

Why would you even say such a thing?

of course a liberal government job is not as legitimate becuase that job is not created and maintained in a competitive environment. Therefore, there is a lot of waste and inefficiency. Yes we need some of them but we must limit them to the greatest extent possible because of the waste.

Now you must define "economically productive," because I don't see how most of New York's financial firms fill that definition. I see no tangible goods that they produce. That includes Baine Capital.

Economically nonproductive broken down to its most basic level for this purpose, is that units of wealth go in. Whether that be capital, resources, time, etc...but nothing comes back out. Units go in, nothing comes back in return. Essentially, as we can see in our government, more and more units go in with a result of less and less even maintenance of the original intent.

Some of these functions are necessary, in todays government world, most are not. Most. In fact, these rent seekers essentially make matters far worse with initiatives to correct the problem. It's actually a negative these days instead of a break even, or maintenance of the system.

WalMart sells us cheap clothing that we buy voluntarily, they make a profit and thus earn their livings.

New Yorks financial firms sell stuff that others want to buy too. Its identical to Wall Street in concept, just different products.

Is it still over your head??

Defense is not an economically productive endeavor...

The hell you say. Defense is big business...

Security Guard Company - ServicesEstablished Security Guard Company with SIA Approved Contractor Status ... by providing thoroughly professional and accountable security services Security ...

East Coast Security-Home
East Coast Security Services Inc., a Prince Edward Island owned and operated security company, provides security guards, flagging and contract security ...

FJC Security Services | Security Guard Solutions Company New York New Jersey
FJC Security Services is one of the largest contract security guard companies in New York City New Jersey. Our company offers a consultation service to ...

Security Services, Security Guards Services, Security Service ...
dir.indiamart.com › Services Directory › Facility Management
Security guards service providers, corporate and commercial security service provider ... Providing security guard services, hotel security guards, office building ...

Executive Protection & Bodyguard Training | Icon Services Corporation
industry-icon.com/
ICON Services Corporation. Welcome to Icon Services Corporation, a full service security and investigative agency specializing in providing high-level protection ...

www.spearsecuritydenver.com/business-security-management-...
Our staff of seasoned security personnel is extensively trained in emergency tactics ...

American Guard Services (AGS) | Security Guards | Companies | Officers | Agency | Firms | Corporate | Private | Los Angeles | California | Florida | Miami
Security guard company American Guard Services Los Angeles AGS is one of the leading private security firms throughout California and the U.S..

Emergency Security Guard Services Company | Temporary and Permanent Security Guard | Nationwide Security Officers (856) 310-9463
Security Resources is a leading national security firm providing security guard and investigative solutions with proven performance and quick response.​
While cutting a profit's nice, there are sometime we want something else, like in running a court system or as with choosing a wife. Governments are good for collective needs like making/enforcing laws --situations we don't want getting bought out-- and profit motives are good for wealth creation.

WalMart sells us cheap clothing that we buy voluntarily, they make a profit and thus earn their livings.

New Yorks financial firms sell stuff that others want to buy too. Its identical to WalMart in concept, just different products.

Is it still over your head??[/QUOTE]

New Topics

Forum List

Back